1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
Blondie

Christmas Stocking Stuffers

Christmas is only 2 months away.

How about a thread about Stocking Stuffers??

Do you have stocking stuffers and what do you put in them?? Even your pets??

I always have candy and little gadgets for the family and for our pets we have treats and small toys.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #2
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

This is a good idea......this year I'm stumped as to what to put in the stockings.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Avais

I love Christmas. This is my favorite time of the year. What I usually do is right after Christmas I hit the sales and get some of the small perfumes and colognes for my husband and daughter and put them away until next year. I also go ahead and get a small Christmas tree ornaments for the next year so they will have it when we put our tree up next year. I usually get their favorite gum or candy bar. I usually get them a new toothbrush, my daughter some little make-up of some kind, from the end of last years sales. My husband drives an 18 wheeler so I try to find some new gloves or a little something for his truck. As for our pet, I put little toys and treats in their stocking. Most of the stuff I get ,except for the candy and gum, I buy right after Christmas and put it up until next year. That way I'm finding it at a pretty good price and don't have to fight the Christmas crowds the following year.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

The day after Halloween Wal - Mart here puts their candy on sale really cheap and I buy several bags of it for stuffing stockings at Christmas. I get some of those tiny travel size bottles of bath wash and bubble baths. I also get free samples and other freebies (I will give anyone the website I get this stuff off if you will p.m. me). I also put a small gift card (Like $5.00) in the kids' stockings so they can go and buy themselves something that they want and they didn't get. I bought some hats and glove sets last year after Christmas to put in stockings. I also do Easter Baskets every year for my nieces and nephews (I don't have any children, as of yet).
Old 10-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
Missouri Mom
Here.

Candy, gift cards, freebies/samples, scotch tape (in the kids-- they love this), some dollars, some coins, jewelry, perfume... all these things have ended up in there over the years (usually not at once).
Old 10-19-2005, 05:44 PM   #6
DJax
I'm not afraid to use 'em

Every year since my children were born they have gotten foil covered candy coins and one of those Lifesavers candy books in their stockings. It is a tradition and this year will be no different. By the way, my daughter is 28 yrs. old, and my son is 19. I plan to do this as long as I'm here to do it. I'm 52 yrs. old and my 88 year old mother still gives me one of those currency greeting cards with three brand new dollar bills in it, just as she has done for the last 51 years.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #7
NascarDuck3
Beer Bucket Regular

I always stuff our dogs stocking with carmel treats and peanut butter ( i like to watch him try to open his mouth while eating it )

In my daughters stocking : ALL the DIRTY socks she leaves all over her bedroom.

My wifey' stocking: a fartbag...so when i'm gone on business she'll have something to remember me by and not get lonely.

In "MY" stocking: I ususally get my "arse" handed to me on a plate for doing the above mentioned !

OMG ! HOW WE LOVE CHRISTmas IN THIS HOUSE ! it's the BEST practical joke time of the year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:18 PM   #8
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

My mother gives us great stockings for christmas (stockings that really are big christmas gift bags!!) She puts stuff in them like.. razors, bath and body, candles, socks, underware, puzzle books, prayer book, just whatever catches her eye.. I have never had to buy me and my husband any razors or underware since we have been married!!! LOL!! oh,, and in my husbands bag she always buys him those Big 5 lb bags of peanut M&Ms, and big bags of tootsie rolls.. he loves that!!

__________________________________________________ _______________

NEXT BRANSON TRIP OCT 21-23!!

Closed Thread