1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

Branson Day Trip/Hot Rods & Hairdo's Show Review

My aunt (that usually goes on trips with me) and uncle came for a few days to visit so we took a day trip to Branson. She does not have a Hardee's in her area so she wanted to stop there on our way to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch. We took our lunch with us and found a spot where you could drive off the road and eat by a river. It was very peaceful and relaxing. After our lunch we couldn't resit seeing how cold the water was and we even tossed a few rocks in the water as well. After our lunch we headed on to Branson. We went to the Grand Villiage and looked in different shops and then went to Hard Luck Diner for our dinner. This is a place she has not visited before and I thought it would be a great experience for her and it was. She had Elvis's peanut butter and bananna sandwich (yuck!). I had a patty melt with fries. We both had a chocolate malt. All was very good and we enjoyed our time there. After that it was time to head to Silver Dollar City to see Hot Rods and Hairdo's. This is SDC's new show in Echo Hollow. The show is very enjoyable and I am sure you will like it. The show covers music from the 50's and 60's. The "characters" in the show are your typical "nerdy" couple, "football player and his cheerleader girlfriend", "tough guy and his Rizzo like girlfriend" among others. From the costumes, dances, etc. everything is well done. My aunt kept hitting me telling me what she wore during that time. There are not many duets/solo numbers in the show mostly the songs are group numbers. Songs such as "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka dot Bikini", "La Bamba", etc. are included. Stand out moments for me in the show are the "drag racing number", and in the second half when they sing "Stand By Me". The treatment they gave this song is amazing! I really enjoyed the comedy in this show. It is done by Jim Dandy and Jay McFerron (sp?). They do more "character comedy" in this show which I really like. What I mean by that is they take on multiple characters all throughout the show. I like this format much better than the straight man and funny guy format. There are a couple of (in my oppinnion) stand out singers in the show. One is the girl that wears a lot of green in the show, LOL (I don't know what her name is) and the other is the "nerdy" girl. If you listen closely when they do "Stand By Me" you will know what I am talking about. My tip for this show would be to sit farther back. My aunt wanted to sit REAL close ( I think we were in the 6th row center, I've never sat that close before in any show in Echo Hollow). I thought the sound was too loud there and I couldn't hear the music really well. Some harmony parts, and some solo singing was very hard for me to hear. I think if you sit farther back you will enjoy the songs much more. I can't wait to see it again!!

Note: The show lasted little over 90 mins. included in that time is a 15 min. intermission. Also the crowd was pretty good for a Tuesday night performance.

Last edited by Jerm; 06-02-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
LadyDrifter
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What a great review of the show. You have definitely made me want to go see it now. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:30 PM   #3
gidgetmidget
Owner of Branson Critic

Talking

Nice review Jerm! Well Done!
Old 06-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks for posting Jerm! I can't wait to see it. Probably this weekend. I hope!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:27 AM   #5
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Sounds like a great show, thanks for sharing Jerm!!
Old 06-04-2004, 12:23 PM   #6
LadyDrifter
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

gidgetmidget..... love the little dog as your avatar....
Old 06-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #7
gidgetmidget
Owner of Branson Critic

Talking

Thanks. We love her.

Closed Thread