1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:38 AM   #1
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

I got this announcement from Wonders of Wildlife today.

Thursday, October 16, Peter Gros from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom will be making a presentation to WOWZ members and agents and customers of Mutual of Omaha.

Free Food: pizza from CiCi's, chocolate from Richardson's Candy, tea and water from Hiland Dairy!

The Zooquarium will be open until 8 p.m. Mr. Gros will present at 7:00 p.m.

No cost to members, non-member guests are welcome and will pay regular admission.

Let us know if you can join us...call Judy Ryan 890.9453 (WILD) by 3 p.m. on the

No, I didn't leave out the on the-- part they did. So I would call early if I were interested in attending. He is very interesting and so is WOWZ
Old 10-14-2003, 12:52 PM   #2
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

If you will be there, let me know.

I will wear my buddy pin.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #3
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

Didn't see any buddies, but this was fantastic!!!!

Wow, Paps said he had wild animals there. I didn't notice (just kidding!) He was so handsome and when we first went in I had my camera and he said ok, come on, let's get our picture together.
He was very interesting and shared some of the things that happened when he first joined the Mutual of Omaha show in 1985. His first show was with white sharks and he had only scuba dived twice before in his life.
He had all kinds of critter and wild things. It was so neat. If you have been to WOW it was on the upper level and you could look out that window and see the storm coming in view. I passed on touching any of the animals!
We told him how much we enjoyed watching Regis squirm when he brings animals on their show and he said it wasn't an act! Regis can't stand any of the animals.

They served pizza, cookies from Julie's Chewies, and Candy from Richardson's chocolates on south Campbell. They make them there at their shoppe and they were excellent.

Last edited by Grands; 10-16-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

let me get this straight . . .

you ate pizza, cookies from Julie's Chewies, and Candy from Richardson's chocolates?
Old 10-16-2003, 08:55 PM   #5
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

NO!!!

But everyone around me did. Oh those chocolates looked good. Paps, my Mom, my brother-in-law and my sister all said they were great. So I had a small salad from McDonalds before we went, so I wouldn't be tempted but I still was. But I made it!!!!!

The worst part is my Mom ate hers and mine and she won't gain a lb. She never gains. Gee, why didn't I get that gene from her.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:57 PM   #6
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

just checkin'
Old 10-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #7
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

The reason, I posted about the chocolates....

Was for those that listen to that radio station I get my bargains from, they have buy one get one free cert.s for Richardson's chocolates. So I can now share that everyone there probably 100 plus people thought they were excellent. I don't eat chocolate even when I am not dieting, which I am doing again!!!!!! Because it speeds up my heart. Boo Hoo, don't you feel sorry for me. Ha.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

I'd offer you a turkey sandwich if you were a little closer. I got 25 free ones today after a funeral and I hate turkey sandwiches. So, my wife is gone, I can't cook, and I have a fridge full of lousy turkey sandwiches. Now . . . don't you feel sorry for me?

Closed Thread