Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Macaroni Grill?

What's the latest 411?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

What do you want to know? Is it open or closed? Is the food good or what?

Last time I ate there the food was good but that's been over a year ago.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

The last time we ate at Macaroni Grill was a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed the food.

They have a pasta and shrimp dish with alfredo sauce that is very good. I like their alfredo sauce but wish their marinara sauce was a little spicier. The service is always good and the restaurant is spotless.

We would probably go there more but we have one near us in KC so like something different when we are in Branson. Also, if it is a time that Branson is busy, is easier going elsewhere than fighting the parking problem.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Just came across this story...Macaroni Grill at Branson Landing is closing...

http://www.krzk.com/8689/breaking_ne...n_landing.html
Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
We would probably go there more but we have one near us in KC so like something different when we are in Branson. Also, if it is a time that Branson is busy, is easier going elsewhere than fighting the parking problem.
Partially our fault SHOW GAL. Us "big city" folk that have the national chains to enjoy anytime don't usually go to them while in Branson. We enjoy the local places that we don't have at home as a treat!

Then there is the parking thing at the Landing. Of course I guess someone could pay to park in the garage, but why? there are so many more convenient, and excellent places to eat in Branson.

I wonder who the next one on the Landing to bite the dust will be?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Partially our fault SHOW GAL. Us "big city" folk that have the national chains to enjoy anytime don't usually go to them while in Branson. We enjoy the local places that we don't have at home as a treat!

Then there is the parking thing at the Landing. Of course I guess someone could pay to park in the garage, but why? there are so many more convenient, and excellent places to eat in Branson.

I wonder who the next one on the Landing to bite the dust will be?
Thank you RJ for bringing up the parking situation at the Landing. Last night when I posted this thread I had just heard from a friend of mine who works(ed) at the Grill that they were going to be locking the doors forever in a few hours. I could tell she was about in tears. Not just her but her child will also suffer as a result of this closing. The owner also has a Grill in Springfield but it's really not practical that folks in Branson will be making a daily trip to Springfield to bartend and serve tables.
As for the parking situation, I hope every employee at the Landing thinks about what you just said. The policy is that employees are to park at the far end of the lots. Few do. Almost daily at around 11am I see 20, 30, 40 cars pull right up and park near Bass Pro and I watch the girls in their 20's run to their restaurant jobs in their little restaurant outfits. On busy days this means 40, 60, 80 old folks who were coming to eat or shop have to park that much farther away. It's only logical that this is going to have a negative impact on customers wanting to return to the Landing.
Of course this is just one factor but if an old guy like me can walk the distance these young folks could leave home a few minutes earlier. The management of each business there could be a little more persuasive as well.

Last edited by TJefferson; 01-06-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Right on TJ. there is also the issue with that stretch golf cart they call a trolley, and it's limited hours of operation. I also remember a trolley from the parking lot to the BPS entrance, but haven't noticed it for a while either.
Budget cuts = loss of business = closings. But I guess the Branson Landing bean counters didn't get that from their business class in college!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson View Post
Thank you RJ for bringing up the parking situation at the Landing. Last night when I posted this thread I had just heard from a friend of mine who works(ed) at the Grill that they were going to be locking the doors forever in a few hours. I could tell she was about in tears. Not just her but her child will also suffer as a result of this closing. The owner also has a Grill in Springfield but it's really not practical that folks in Branson will be making a daily trip to Springfield to bartend and serve tables.
As for the parking situation, I hope every employee at the Landing thinks about what you just said. The policy is that employees are to park at the far end of the lots. Few do. Almost daily at around 11am I see 20, 30, 40 cars pull right up and park near Bass Pro and I watch the girls in their 20's run to their restaurant jobs in their little restaurant outfits. On busy days this means 40, 60, 80 old folks who were coming to eat or shop have to park that much farther away. It's only logical that this is going to have a negative impact on customers wanting to return to the Landing.
Of course this is just one factor but if an old guy like me can walk the distance these young folks could leave home a few minutes earlier. The management of each business there could be a little more persuasive as well.
There's going to be LESS parking at the Landing when that new strip center goes in across from the Belk parking lot. Can't fill all of the spaces currently at the Landing but more retail space is going to be built.

I refuse to pay to park in the garage. If the lots at Belk and Bass Pro are filled, we will bypass the Landing and go elsewhere to shop and to dine.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I refuse to pay to park in the garage. If the lots at Belk and Bass Pro are filled, we will bypass the Landing and go elsewhere to shop and to dine.
That's the exact point that I hope some how comes to the minds of the powers that be at the Landing! They don't have room for more convent, free parking, but they could make up for it somewhat with shuttles, and trolleys.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

And don'f forget, like a dozen people total voted for a 1% sales tax increase to provide free trolley service between downtown Branson and the Landing. Has anyone utilizied that...anyone...Bueller?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

It closed last night according to KY3.

What was the name of the restaurant that was in that space before Macaroni Grill? Wasn't it some type of pizza place ?

Other restaurants have come and gone at the Landing: Liberty Tavern, Bar Louie, Sullivan's Steakhouse, Shorty Small's, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Any others?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
pmccune

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Just came across this story...Macaroni Grill at Branson Landing is closing...

http://www.krzk.com/8689/breaking_ne...n_landing.html
Have a gift certificate, is the one in Springfield good?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccune View Post
Have a gift certificate, is the one in Springfield good?
Springfield is fine. The owner had both locations.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post

What was the name of the restaurant that was in that space before Macaroni Grill? Wasn't it some type of pizza place ?Yes, a Pasta Place. Remember eating there when they first opened. Very good! I remember writing a review.

Other restaurants have come and gone at the Landing: Liberty Tavern, Bar Louie, Sullivan's Steakhouse, Shorty Small's, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Any others?
Where the burger place is, I believe there once was a Chinese place and a soup/salad joint. Couple of coffe places have bitten the dust.

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post

What was the name of the restaurant that was in that space before Macaroni Grill? Wasn't it some type of pizza place ?

It was Pizztro's

Closed Thread