1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
OkieAnon

roaring fall -cc

celebration city held a media day and www.krzk.com has posted some pictures of the new ride at Celebration City.... click on the link part way down the page to view construction photo's.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
SuperSteve

Interesting that they're using an Amazon Jungle theme rather than sticking to the theme of the park... but oh well, I'm sure it'll be pretty fun all the same. I just wish the Herschends would go back to really paying attention to the theme of their parks as a whole.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Thanks for the link OkieAnon!!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
rzrbkman

I read somewhere this weekend that the entire ride lasts 1 minute 30 seconds?
Old 03-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
ggh
Super User

Just curious, what is/was the theme of celebration city prior to this jungle ride?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Just curious, what is/was the theme of celebration city prior to this jungle ride?
Americana -- main street, county fair theme of 50s and 60s
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

I don't have a problem with CC having multiple themes. At WDW, the Magic Kingdom has widely varying themes depending on the "land" you're in. Epcot has 2 disparate areas. Even their Animal Kingdom has a "land" geared toward a carnival atmosphere rather than the natural environment. As long as each area is themed appropriately, there's no reason CC should have to stick to a single theme.

I would feel otherwise about SDC, but that is more because of the long-standing history of the park than anything else. CC is new and still relatively unestablished. Many different directions can still be explored with this park. But, again, I don't want to see them just throw this attraction into a spot that isn't appropriately themed. The ride's theming should extend to the area surrounding it.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Long as the rides are fun and interesting, I am not sure people really care if each theme matches.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
SuperSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalva2 View Post
I don't have a problem with CC having multiple themes. At WDW, the Magic Kingdom has widely varying themes depending on the "land" you're in. Epcot has 2 disparate areas. Even their Animal Kingdom has a "land" geared toward a carnival atmosphere rather than the natural environment. As long as each area is themed appropriately, there's no reason CC should have to stick to a single theme.

I would feel otherwise about SDC, but that is more because of the long-standing history of the park than anything else. CC is new and still relatively unestablished. Many different directions can still be explored with this park. But, again, I don't want to see them just throw this attraction into a spot that isn't appropriately themed. The ride's theming should extend to the area surrounding it.
Yeah, but WDW is not only massive, but set up to where it is supposed to be a land of many areas. CC is tiny and so far has touted a single theme. While there's room for them to try things out, I hope the park eventually levels out and goes the route of SDC in developing not just a park, but a city - or at least something more central and above just a theme park.

I think this particular attraction will fit in well though. Not only is it a fun ride and fills a void in CC's attractions, but the theming will be fun, even if it doesn't particularly fall into the overall theme just yet.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #10
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post
Yeah, but WDW is not only massive, but set up to where it is supposed to be a land of many areas. CC is tiny and so far has touted a single theme. While there's room for them to try things out, I hope the park eventually levels out and goes the route of SDC in developing not just a park, but a city - or at least something more central and above just a theme park.

I think this particular attraction will fit in well though. Not only is it a fun ride and fills a void in CC's attractions, but the theming will be fun, even if it doesn't particularly fall into the overall theme just yet.
The only WDW theme park that is massive is Epcot. I'm not talking about the distinct theming between the parks, I'm talking about distinct theming within each park. I realize CC is smaller than the Disney parks, but not so much that the use of foliage, etc could not segregate off a separately-themed area without detracting from the rest of the park. Disney's Animal Kingdom is also a very small park (it is listed as the largest WDW theme park, but the vast majority of the park is taken up by the Kilimanjaro Safaris ride and is only seen while on that ride). The Dinoland carnival area is still able to be isolated off by foliage, etc and does not detract from the rest of the park's atmosphere. CC could certainly do the same thing.

I would just prefer the developers decide what their overall plan is going to be. If it's going to be a city, then don't throw an Amazon-based ride in the middle of it. If it's going to have distinct theming in separate areas, then do it right. There's room to do it right if they want to. I just don't want to see a hodge-podge of stuff all over the place.

I'd be happy with whichever direction they decide to go, but I'd just like them to have a plan and stick with it (as they've done with SDC over the years).

Last edited by Jalva2; 04-04-2008 at 09:11 AM.

Closed Thread