1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 07:10 AM   #1
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Mat Maniac I hope this works --

Here is a brochure that I found in an flea market several years ago and picked up for a mere $.25.

If you don't get it this way -- let me have your email address and I know I can send it that way.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2002, 07:11 AM   #2
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Mat - here is the other side.

Here is the second side of the brochure. I'm new at attaching this kind of stuff.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2002, 07:40 AM   #3
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Hey Vickie...

Is there a date on that brochure?..........or does it tell when the Sammy Lane Resort was first built?
Old 08-16-2002, 07:47 AM   #4
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

There is no date on the brochure but . . .

We think the cars in in the late 40's early 50's and the resort was built in the 1920's I believe. The Brown family owned it for years until Mike and Claudia sold it a couple of years ago to go into the Peace or Job Corp.

We were also trying to date it by the clothing depicted, so we aren't totally sure.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:13 AM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Well.......I never thought about dating the pics.....looks like you are pretty on target with the dates....that pin up girl in the bathing suit....is probably early 50s....I can remember that far back.....heh

I was asking cause....my motherinlaw used to tell me about Sammy's place, when they went down to Branson.......in the 50s...she used to tell me that there were groups of people who sang music......kinda like the bluegrass festivals we see today.....and the stories about getting there......when the roads were like they were back then...........and when cars were not as good as those of today..........when a team of mules pulled them over the hill in the mud on 65.....when my hubby was a baby....wish she was still around so I could ask her more.....but, I never thought about Sammy Lanes.......until you posted that brochure..........and it perked up my memory......I will get The Truckinfarmer to look at when he comes home......
funny he has never mentioned much about it.....but, thats the way he is.....hehehe......if it isnt about the farm, trucks, or cars...we dont hear much......heheheeeeeee......

I actually think my Motherinlaw....went there with Fatherinlaw....once when she had just gotten out of high school...and they took an old Model T......and sneaked...did kids sneak back then?....anyway they went to BRanson then for a music thang......l suppose like kids go to concerts today....but they listened to blue grass..........I have to go through some old pictures......old faded ones.....they may have documented it.....hmmmmm. (and then the roads......all of them were dirt roads)........
Old 08-16-2002, 09:36 PM   #6
The Mat Maniac

Talking

Hey Thanks for the Old Sammy Lane Pics... Cheered me up!!

The Mat Maniac
aka Tim

Closed Thread