1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #1
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

Exclamation New Theatre in 2008

I heard about a new theatre being opened that will run origional Christian musicals. I say this tid-bit on a thread somewhere. Thought it was to good to be true, so I did some research and got this response from the company rumored to be building the theatre.

By the way, I went to their website and it look too cool.

- - - - - - - -

Good Afternoon,
I’m happy to tell you that we are indeed in the process of opening a new theatre in Branson, Missouri.* Our current plan calls for ground to break in 2006 and the theatre to open in June of 2008.* We are planning for Noah the Musical to be our premiere Branson show.* Noah has run in Lancaster for seven years with tremendous acceptance from millions of guests.* You can find out more about Noah by clicking “THE SHOWS” at the top of any page and choosing Noah from under the Past Shows column.
Feel free to join under our “Friends of Sight & Sound” area to be notified of Sight & Sound events and news.* If you have any more questions, let me know.
Sincerely,
Justin W. Stahl
Website Project Manager
Sight & Sound Theatres®
Exciting. Exclusive. All-New.
www.sight-sound.com
Old 11-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Great news! But I wonder why they are waiting so long.....2008!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

They say it will take that long to built the theatre as it will be large. I figured 2007 but also heard it will open in 2008.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Thanks for checking into this!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #5
BeatElbando

Question Noah "The Musical " ???

Noah "The Musical ".......LoL.........................The only vision that comes to my mind is when the "Simpson's " staged a Musical version of " Planet of the apes " !!!!! What would they do after noah ? Adam and eve "the musical " ?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #6
dblwidemama

We have empty theaters now. More this spring. You would think they would just buy an existing one.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

I understand they checked into buying existing theatres, including the Grand Palace. The stage wasn't large enough and the theatre didn't meet their needs. Those who have seen the show say it's a very large production with a huge stage.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 AM   #8
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwidemama
We have empty theaters now. More this spring. You would think they would just buy an existing one.
dblwidemama, what theatres are going to be empty in the Spring?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 AM   #9
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Yes, I wonder, too, what theaters are expected to be empty in the spring.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #10
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Regarding empty theaters, I just drove down Highway 76, and the sign for the theater when Kirby Van Burch was (behind The Olive Garden) now has a FOR SALE OR LEASE sign on it. A couple of weeks ago when we were here, the waiter at The Olive Garden told us the theater had been bought by a very well known country singer. I won't spread the rumor as to his name. Guess the waiter was wrong. Surprise!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #11
djwarren

Looking for theater

In reading the postings concerning empty theaters, it would appear there are more than a few that would be available for lease.
We have been trying, in vain, to get any information on available locations for our show.
We are not looking to bring a year-round venue, rather we need a place where we can produce a show five or six times a year (likely an active theater that has open dates). We would also consider a lease on one that is annual in nature.
Anyone know of anything in the Branmson area like this? Any input is deeply appreciated.
Dave Warren (dave@davejwarren.com)
Old 03-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #12
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

According to the Springfield Newsleader:

Zoning change paves way for New Theater

"The Branson Board of Aldermen has approved the rezoning from commercial to planned development of 50 acres at the corner of Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and Expressway Lane in northwest Branson for the 2,000-seat Sight and Sound Theater.
Owners Glenn and Shirley Eschelman, founders of Sight & Sound Theatres in Strasburg, Pa., announced their intention to build the theater last year. Opening date was projected for spring 2008."

Closed Thread