1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Arrow Worlds of Wonder Aquarium

Figured it was about time we checked out the Worlds of Wonder Aquarium in Springfield. A Wednesday during the off season seemed like the perfect time, and it was. Lots of close up parking and number one in the ticket line.
The aquarium is a thing of beauty. Display after display of what must be every species of fish in the western world, or close to it. There is a fisherman museum that will keep an avid fisherman busy for quite a while as will the hall of fame. Neat display of past president's fishing adventures.

Shark tank that you can dive in (extra cost) and a large stingray petting tank. Many of the rays are standoffish, but one in particular really wanted to cuddle and be rubbed. Hope there were no witnesses as I one day may want to be a Supreme Court Judge.
Some animals on display as well. Black bear, beaver, and others
You really otter see the otter--Get it? You otter see the otter?
Neat kids deal also. They draw on a fish outline which is then scanned and poof, it appears swimming in a pool with many others.
Two places to eat, one a nice looking place just inside the main entrance and a small snack bar about halfway through the displays.
All in all, a great place to visit. As I said, try to pick a slow day. If it is peak season you will probably need to reserve your tickets on line at their website.

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Great review, thanks! So, do you think the proposed aquarium in Branson, can compete with the Bass Pro Springfield one? Is ANOTHER aquarium in Branson useful, needed, a great idea, and will be successful??? Can we equate it to having a FULL size Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, and a smaller Bass Pro "Express", for lack of a better word, in Branson? Just curious....
Old 09-27-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Great review, thanks! So, do you think the proposed aquarium in Branson, can compete with the Bass Pro Springfield one? ....
Bass Pro has the reputation of being world class, but 45 miles away. Remember, Bass Pro also has the Wildlife attraction and awesome store all connected.
Branson will have the advantage of that gold mine of customers right out the front door on 76.
So if the Branson pond is decent they may both do OK.

All that said, sometimes I hear the over built bell going off in Branson.

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
stich626

Thank you so much for the great review we will have to check it out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
ggh
Super User

We have visited WOW several times, and everytime we are there we see something we haven't seen before. While it was a long time coming - BPS did an excellent job with WOW.

I am hopeful that the Mansion (Grande Palace) is active again soon, it hurts to see it sit empty. For it to be a big attraction and compete with WOW for visitors, IMO, it will need to be very well done - after all, it's just 45 miles to WOW, and if I'm on vacation, 45 miles really isn't that far of a drive to see something we want to see.

Last edited by ggh; 10-01-2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

havent been yet, but for sure going,

didnt want to fight summer traffic, so we will go this fall/winter..
Old 09-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #7
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
havent been yet, but for sure going,

didnt want to fight summer traffic, so we will go this fall/winter..
IF you can go on a weekday, I would expect it to be more enjoyable/fewer people.

We've been when it was BUSY, and when there were probably not 100 people there, enjoyed it both times, but it is easier to see when there are fewer people.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
IF you can go on a weekday, I would expect it to be more enjoyable/fewer people.

We've been when it was BUSY, and when there were probably not 100 people there, enjoyed it both times, but it is easier to see when there are fewer people.
It's also wise to keep an eye on their website as they often have specials.
While we were there they had a deal where you could get a ticket for the aquarium and one for the wildlife section and also admittance to Dogwood Canyon. Sorry, I don't remember the price.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #9
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I was there on a weekday, wednesday and it wasnt too crowded in the aquarium,
but sanddunrider traffic is crazy no matter when you are in springfield.

I took the Aquarium Only Tour, there is also the Wildlife and Aqurarium Tour.
29.95 for Aquarium Tour. rather long take you time or hurry thru.
steps and escalator, I saw people in wheel chairs so must be elevator.
kind of dark but still interesting.

ggh what Mansion you mean branson mansion
alot there including oak ridge boys. I followed the rv to the parking lot.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #10
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet65 View Post
I was there on a weekday, wednesday and it wasnt too crowded in the aquarium,
but sanddunrider traffic is crazy no matter when you are in springfield.

I took the Aquarium Only Tour, there is also the Wildlife and Aqurarium Tour.
29.95 for Aquarium Tour. rather long take you time or hurry thru.
steps and escalator, I saw people in wheel chairs so must be elevator.
kind of dark but still interesting.

ggh what Mansion you mean branson mansion
alot there including oak ridge boys. I followed the rv to the parking lot.
I meant the Grande Palace = mansion - sorry for the confusion!

Traffic isn't as crazy in Spfld if you avoid 7-9 am and 3-5 pm traffic. Personally I would take HWY 65 to Sunshine, and Sunshine west to Bass Pro and WOW vs. driving down South Campbell/HWY 160 - as busy as HWY 65 and Sunshine are, they are not quite as busy as S.Campbell.

The Aquarium does have elevators - it is roughly 1.5 miles, at your own pace. I enjoy history, and find the wildlife tour as enjoyable as the aquarium.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:12 AM   #11
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I meant the Grande Palace = mansion - sorry for the confusion!

Traffic isn't as crazy in Spfld if you avoid 7-9 am and 3-5 pm traffic. Personally I would take HWY 65 to Sunshine, and Sunshine west to Bass Pro and WOW vs. driving down South Campbell/HWY 160 - as busy as HWY 65 and Sunshine are, they are not quite as busy as S.Campbell.

The Aquarium does have elevators - it is roughly 1.5 miles, at your own pace. I enjoy history, and find the wildlife tour as enjoyable as the aquarium.
Good Directions!
Plus in the Wildlife Tour there are lots of real and very personable Penguins.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #12
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I will have to go back for the wildlife tour.
Traffic at around noon was crazy. I was on glenstone to sunshine.

The grand palace is supposed to be an aquarium but I have not seen anything going on.

sueslit are the penguins real, I didnt take that tour so was wondering.

I just noticed you said real so I will definately be on that tour soon
Old 10-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #13
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Personally I would take HWY 65 to Sunshine, and Sunshine west to Bass Pro and WOW vs. driving down South Campbell/HWY 160 - as busy as HWY 65 and Sunshine are, they are not quite as busy as S.Campbell.
No doubt those are the best directions. Tested them many times. The correct parking lot is on Sunshine just past Campbell.

If you are inclined to take a break from the long walk, there are many benches at the larger aquariums so you can chill a bit and still watch the action. If you linger a while you are likely to see something cool that would have been missed had you left 5 seconds earlier.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #14
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Absolutely loved the wildlife museum!
As much as we loved the wildlife, that's how much we disliked the aquarium.
We attended each on separate days with the museum being not as crowded and the aquarium being rather crowded. So much so that we were unable to get up close to a lot of the displays because of parents and their kids spreading themselves across the display rather than parents keeping their kids in front of them to keep from taking up all the room. We were able to enjoy the fishing and presidential display as kids have no interest in that. Having attended on separate days, the tickets were more expensive and I was surprised that the aquarium was much more expensive than the museum.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #15
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet65 View Post
I will have to go back for the wildlife tour.
Traffic at around noon was crazy. I was on glenstone to sunshine.

The grand palace is supposed to be an aquarium but I have not seen anything going on.

sueslit are the penguins real, I didnt take that tour so was wondering.

I just noticed you said real so I will definately be on that tour soon
YES, the penguins in the wildlife museum are live and plentiful. They are fun to watch, but there is SO much more to the museum than just penguins...

Closed Thread