1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

New fishing license requirement

As of May 30 in accordance with Federal regulations you must give your Social Security number in order to purchase any permit from the Missouri Department of Conservation. This includes the annual trout permit required for persons of any age to fish on Taneycomo above the Hwy 65 bridge, or to possess trout anywhere in the lake. So even a child 15 years of age and under must know their SSN or they can not purchase a trout permit.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:58 AM   #2
billj598

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
As of May 30 in accordance with Federal regulations you must give your Social Security number in order to purchase any permit from the Missouri Department of Conservation. This includes the annual trout permit required for persons of any age to fish on Taneycomo above the Hwy 65 bridge, or to possess trout anywhere in the lake. So even a child 15 years of age and under must know their SSN or they can not purchase a trout permit.
And talk about a load of horse dung and Government bureaucrat overreach, this is it ! No wonder there are so many I.D. thefts and illegals easily obtaining valid SS #'s...this is it ! What possible reason could there be for a SS # to issue a fishing or hunting license ? Remember when you first got your SS # and they directly told you this number was not to be used for identification ? I'll bet our tourists will love this...NOT !
Old 06-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj598 View Post
And talk about a load of horse dung and Government bureaucrat overreach, this is it ! No wonder there are so many I.D. thefts and illegals easily obtaining valid SS #'s...this is it ! What possible reason could there be for a SS # to issue a fishing or hunting license ? Remember when you first got your SS # and they directly told you this number was not to be used for identification ? I'll bet our tourists will love this...NOT !
Exactly. It's some government scheme under the guise of children's services. Trying to establish a data base so hunting and fishing permits can be denied to people not paying their child support. But what did or seven year old is behind on their child support payments? This nonsense requires everybody, no matter what age to give their SSN. BUT, of course of you don't have a Social Security number there is a box to check. So the illegals that don't have one can still get a hunting or fishing license!
Old 06-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

And the water in the pot is ever increasingly warmed, albeit slowly....
Old 06-05-2018, 03:09 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
And the water in the pot is ever increasingly warmed, albeit slowly....
Next year a small, painless number tattooed on the inside of your left wrist. For your own safety, and security of course!
Old 06-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #6
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Um....not my wrist...I'm the frog who refuses to get into the pot..even when the water is cold....
Old 06-05-2018, 09:47 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Um....not my wrist...I'm the frog who refuses to get into the pot..even when the water is cold....
But remember, they have gigs for guys like you!
Old 06-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #8
billj598

Quote:
Next year a small, painless number tattooed on the inside of your left wrist. For your own safety, and security of course!
Or a more modern "chip" implanted in your bod.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #9
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:

Uh? Yea? NO!!

Not here, No tattoos. LOL,
No implant for medical reasons
I hated it when they put the chip on my CC.!!
Just say no to any and all!! The bad thing is the much younger generation and kids, will do it an not think anything about it..

Closed Thread