1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Day trips from Branson

My wife and I have started planning at least one day trip to a somewhere easily drivable from Branson during our annual fall vacation.We did a trip to Jasper, AR, ate at Cliff House and saw the elk a couple of years ago.

We love small towns with interesting shops, or mountain streams and maybe even a place where I could throw a small spinner in the creek, but it needs to be somewhere close to a good place to eat.

Anyone have good ideas we should consider?

Last edited by LaJoe; 04-17-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJoe View Post
My wife and I have started planning at least one day trip to a somewhere easily drivable from Branson during our annual fall vacation.We did a trip to Jasper, AR, ate at Cliff House and saw the elk a couple of years ago.

We love small towns with interesting shops, or mountain streams and maybe even a place where I could throw a small spinner in the creek, but it needs to be somewhere close to a good place to eat.

Anyone have good ideas we should consider?
Have you been to Crystal Bridges in Bentonville?

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
Chittlins

Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville and it can be combined with several things like War Eagle Mill, Eureka Springs Pea Ridge National Battlefield and a whole host local eateries.

If it is a Sat. I'd get up and hit the Fayetteville Farmer's Market around 10 am eat at Hugo or other local place, drive north to Crystal Bridges and spend the afternoon and eat at a local place on the north end especially around the Bentonville Square.

Last edited by Chittlins; 04-17-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

And even closer to Branson is Springfield for the Wonders of Wildlife at the big Bass Pro and you might take in a Springfield Cardinals Minor League game.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chittlins View Post
Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville and it can be combined with several things like War Eagle Mill, Eureka Springs Pea Ridge National Battlefield and a whole host local eateries.

If it is a Sat. I'd get up and hit the Fayetteville Farmer's Market around 10 am eat at Hugo or other local place, drive north to Crystal Bridges and spend the afternoon and eat at a local place on the north end especially around the Bentonville Square.
The Walton Museum (first Sam Walton's Store and the birthplace of Walmart) is free and on the Bentonville Square.
You can eat at an old fashioned ice cream parlor at the end of the tour.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #6
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Have you been to Crystal Bridges in Bentonville?
No. Will look it up.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
And even closer to Branson is Springfield for the Wonders of Wildlife at the big Bass Pro and you might take in a Springfield Cardinals Minor League game.
Thanks! It has been several years since we went to Springfield Bass Pro. I have been thinking that might be fun. Lots new since we were there. We come in October, or else we would make regular trips to see the Springfield Cardinals. I have been a Cardinals fan for most of my 62 years.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
The Walton Museum (first Sam Walton's Store and the birthplace of Walmart) is free and on the Bentonville Square.
You can eat at an old fashioned ice cream parlor at the end of the tour.
Thanks, Suse!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #9
ggh
Super User

You might enjoy fishing at Bennett Springs - I would suggest lunch/dinner at Cornerstone Pizza. You won't go wrong regardless what you order, pizza, calazone or a Sub on homemade bread.

I second the suggestion to visit the Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium at BPS in Springfield, and the NRA archery and gun museums

Alley Spring, Van Buren MO

Hardy Arkansas
Old 04-17-2018, 11:48 PM   #10
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Go to Mountain View Arkansas on a Sat. Coolest place on earth. Music, music, music. FREE
Old 04-18-2018, 06:55 AM   #11
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
I'm sure you've been there, but for others tuning in, Eureka Springs, with the Kings River at Berryville.

Crane Creek @ Crane, MO>>>Take the back way back, and eat at Flat Creek in Cape Fair.

https://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2000/01/rainbows-crane-creek

James River @ Hootentown and eat at Double E Burger in Highlandville.

Depending on when, you could come catch my google-eye. They have a pretty limited window.
I have heard great things about Double E.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #12
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson View Post
Go to Mountain View Arkansas on a Sat. Coolest place on earth. Music, music, music. FREE
It is a very cool place. We have been several times. Will definitely go back sometime.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #13
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
You might enjoy fishing at Bennett Springs - I would suggest lunch/dinner at Cornerstone Pizza. You won't go wrong regardless what you order, pizza, calazone or a Sub on homemade bread.

I second the suggestion to visit the Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium at BPS in Springfield, and the NRA archery and gun museums

Alley Spring, Van Buren MO

Hardy Arkansas
I will look into Bennett Springs. I went to Roaring River many years ago. Is Bennett Springs similar?
Old 04-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
ggh
Super User

Quote:
I will look into Bennett Springs. I went to Roaring River many years ago. Is Bennett Springs similar?
They are similar, if you enjoyed RR, you will like Bennett.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #15
ggh
Super User

Quote:
The James River interests me. Looks like it might make a pretty place for a float trip in October.
There are LOTS Of places in SW Missouri to take a float trip - The James River might interest you if you want to fish and float SLOW, and don't mind paddling.

If you are interested in a float trip, check out Buffalo River, Current River, Jack's Fork, Eleven Point, North Fork, Akers Ferry, or the Niangua, there are LOTS of places for a fun float trip

Closed Thread