1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
oldtimer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 107
God and Country Theatre 2008

Ferlin Husky tickets are available today and tomorrow for locals at $15.00, based on seat availability. Also check out our show line-up for 2008 on our website (www.godandcountrytheatre.com) and our special shows coming this fall.
oldtimer is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
wwgang
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: se iowa
Posts: 1,447
Where is Smoke on the Mt. going??
wwgang is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
oldtimer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 107
Smoke on the Mountain is going back to the Imax for the 8 PM night time slot.
oldtimer is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
preacherman
Super Ultra Member
 
preacherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bransonites
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Smoke on the Mountain is going back to the Imax for the 8 PM night time slot.
Are they still going to be at God and Country for the 10 am? We have reservations for Nov.
preacherman is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
oldtimer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 107
They are 10 AM through 2007 at The God and Country Theatre, then they are 8 PM at the Imax in 2008.
oldtimer is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
preacherman
Super Ultra Member
 
preacherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bransonites
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
They are 10 AM through 2007 at The God and Country Theatre, then they are 8 PM at the Imax in 2008.
Thanks for the reply! Are they not having big enough crowds for God and Country? I never hear anyone talk about them here.
preacherman is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
Zach7777
Pirate Fan
 
Zach7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Thanks for the reply! Are they not having big enough crowds for God and Country? I never hear anyone talk about them here.
I don't know about their crowds...and I haven't seen the show for a couple of years but it was really good....have you seen it before?
Zach7777 is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 06:24 AM   #8
preacherman
Super Ultra Member
 
preacherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bransonites
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
I don't know about their crowds...and I haven't seen the show for a couple of years but it was really good....have you seen it before?
Thanks for your reply! Haven't seen it down there but in a tourist area up here there is a playhouse and it was very good there! That's why we thought our church group would enjoy it. Maybe the 10 am time slot isn't a good one for it?
preacherman is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
Zach7777
Pirate Fan
 
Zach7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Thanks for your reply! Haven't seen it down there but in a tourist area up here there is a playhouse and it was very good there! That's why we thought our church group would enjoy it. Maybe the 10 am time slot isn't a good one for it?
The 10 a.m. time slot may not be a good slot....I work at Tri Lakes Center, Mel Tillis former theatre, we had The God Rocks during July the last 2 yrs and this yr they tried 3 diff schedules, we had 10, 2, & 7....(diff times for diff days) USUALLY the 10 show was the least attended....of course it was a kids show too so I guess it just depends on the venue.....Smoke on the Mtn has been in several theatres including TLC and is still going so I would assume its doing well. We saw the Patsy Show at IMAX several weeks ago, 5 PM, not many there but it was very good, she had a good testimony too...i was really impressed with her bold witness. Randy Plummer is also in the show..the Plummers had a reunion show in May that was very good....I think they are gonna try one again in '08.
Zach7777 is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #10
Branson Bluesman
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
The 10 a.m. time slot may not be a good slot....I work at Tri Lakes Center, Mel Tillis former theatre, we had The God Rocks during July the last 2 yrs and this yr they tried 3 diff schedules, we had 10, 2, & 7....(diff times for diff days) USUALLY the 10 show was the least attended....of course it was a kids show too so I guess it just depends on the venue.....Smoke on the Mtn has been in several theatres including TLC and is still going so I would assume its doing well.
SOTM does fairly well, I think. It's kind of a different show, and they have a good reputation in Branson.
The God Rocks thing...yea, they make me sore just watching them... I dunno if there are enough kids under the age of 10 seeing them in Branson to make them really successful here...
Branson Bluesman is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
Zach7777
Pirate Fan
 
Zach7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
SOTM does fairly well, I think. It's kind of a different show, and they have a good reputation in Branson.
The God Rocks thing...yea, they make me sore just watching them... I dunno if there are enough kids under the age of 10 seeing them in Branson to make them really successful here...
That's a good point....It is a really good show, very high energy, but for sure a kid's show....they have an excellent message for that age group, but with so many things to choose from in the area for children....SDC, Celebration City, Whitewater, etc....it probably isn't a big draw.
Zach7777 is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
preacherman
Super Ultra Member
 
preacherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bransonites
Posts: 6,715
Hate to think of SOTM going back to that little stage at IMAX. Can't imagine it there. Or maybe there are 2 different theaters there? (We saw Dean Church there.) I'm glad they will still be at God and Country when we go.
preacherman is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
Zach7777
Pirate Fan
 
Zach7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,886
I'm a thinkin' it is in the Little Opry....
Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Hate to think of SOTM going back to that little stage at IMAX. Can't imagine it there. Or maybe there are 2 different theaters there? (We saw Dean Church there.) I'm glad they will still be at God and Country when we go.
__________________


"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot


Zach7777 is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #14
preacherman
Super Ultra Member
 
preacherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bransonites
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
I'm a thinkin' it is in the Little Opry....
I just looked on the old Dean Church tickets and they were in the little opry too. Just seems like a small venue, thinking of the play we saw up here. Thanks again!
preacherman is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #15
Zach7777
Pirate Fan
 
Zach7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
I just looked on the old Dean Church tickets and they were in the little opry too. Just seems like a small venue, thinking of the play we saw up here. Thanks again!
While it seems small...there are nearly 200 seats in the Little Opry..
__________________


"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot


Zach7777 is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruizin Country Theatre wwgang Branson Shows 8 06-12-2007 03:14 PM
God and Country Theatre Shows oldtimer Branson Shows 17 04-24-2007 06:03 AM
Pam Tillis and Branson's Welk Theatre host Colgate Country Showdown BlogBot Branson Shows 0 04-05-2007 03:23 AM
New Theatre in 2008 hhawkins Branson Missouri Other 11 03-05-2006 03:28 PM
Country Tonite/Jim Owen moves to the Americana Theatre tae woman Branson Shows 15 02-07-2005 09:45 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 PM.


--