1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
oldtimer

God and Country Theatre 2008

Ferlin Husky tickets are available today and tomorrow for locals at $15.00, based on seat availability. Also check out our show line-up for 2008 on our website (www.godandcountrytheatre.com) and our special shows coming this fall.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Where is Smoke on the Mt. going??
Old 10-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
oldtimer

Smoke on the Mountain is going back to the Imax for the 8 PM night time slot.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Smoke on the Mountain is going back to the Imax for the 8 PM night time slot.
Are they still going to be at God and Country for the 10 am? We have reservations for Nov.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
oldtimer

They are 10 AM through 2007 at The God and Country Theatre, then they are 8 PM at the Imax in 2008.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
They are 10 AM through 2007 at The God and Country Theatre, then they are 8 PM at the Imax in 2008.
Thanks for the reply! Are they not having big enough crowds for God and Country? I never hear anyone talk about them here.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Thanks for the reply! Are they not having big enough crowds for God and Country? I never hear anyone talk about them here.
I don't know about their crowds...and I haven't seen the show for a couple of years but it was really good....have you seen it before?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:24 AM   #8
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
I don't know about their crowds...and I haven't seen the show for a couple of years but it was really good....have you seen it before?
Thanks for your reply! Haven't seen it down there but in a tourist area up here there is a playhouse and it was very good there! That's why we thought our church group would enjoy it. Maybe the 10 am time slot isn't a good one for it?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! Haven't seen it down there but in a tourist area up here there is a playhouse and it was very good there! That's why we thought our church group would enjoy it. Maybe the 10 am time slot isn't a good one for it?
The 10 a.m. time slot may not be a good slot....I work at Tri Lakes Center, Mel Tillis former theatre, we had The God Rocks during July the last 2 yrs and this yr they tried 3 diff schedules, we had 10, 2, & 7....(diff times for diff days) USUALLY the 10 show was the least attended....of course it was a kids show too so I guess it just depends on the venue.....Smoke on the Mtn has been in several theatres including TLC and is still going so I would assume its doing well. We saw the Patsy Show at IMAX several weeks ago, 5 PM, not many there but it was very good, she had a good testimony too...i was really impressed with her bold witness. Randy Plummer is also in the show..the Plummers had a reunion show in May that was very good....I think they are gonna try one again in '08.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #10
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
The 10 a.m. time slot may not be a good slot....I work at Tri Lakes Center, Mel Tillis former theatre, we had The God Rocks during July the last 2 yrs and this yr they tried 3 diff schedules, we had 10, 2, & 7....(diff times for diff days) USUALLY the 10 show was the least attended....of course it was a kids show too so I guess it just depends on the venue.....Smoke on the Mtn has been in several theatres including TLC and is still going so I would assume its doing well.
SOTM does fairly well, I think. It's kind of a different show, and they have a good reputation in Branson.
The God Rocks thing...yea, they make me sore just watching them... I dunno if there are enough kids under the age of 10 seeing them in Branson to make them really successful here...
Old 10-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
SOTM does fairly well, I think. It's kind of a different show, and they have a good reputation in Branson.
The God Rocks thing...yea, they make me sore just watching them... I dunno if there are enough kids under the age of 10 seeing them in Branson to make them really successful here...
That's a good point....It is a really good show, very high energy, but for sure a kid's show....they have an excellent message for that age group, but with so many things to choose from in the area for children....SDC, Celebration City, Whitewater, etc....it probably isn't a big draw.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Hate to think of SOTM going back to that little stage at IMAX. Can't imagine it there. Or maybe there are 2 different theaters there? (We saw Dean Church there.) I'm glad they will still be at God and Country when we go.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

I'm a thinkin' it is in the Little Opry....
Quote:
Hate to think of SOTM going back to that little stage at IMAX. Can't imagine it there. Or maybe there are 2 different theaters there? (We saw Dean Church there.) I'm glad they will still be at God and Country when we go.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #14
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I'm a thinkin' it is in the Little Opry....
I just looked on the old Dean Church tickets and they were in the little opry too. Just seems like a small venue, thinking of the play we saw up here. Thanks again!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #15
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
I just looked on the old Dean Church tickets and they were in the little opry too. Just seems like a small venue, thinking of the play we saw up here. Thanks again!
While it seems small...there are nearly 200 seats in the Little Opry..

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Closed Thread