1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
maryinecho
momof2

Review: Angel Inn & Dutton Inn

We just returned today from Branson. We had reservations at the Angel Inn for 6 nights. We only stayed 3 nights, because we didn't like it at all. We ended up staying our last 3 nights at the Dutton Inn. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The Dutton Inn is a super clean place. We loved the location and the employees are super nice people. We had breakfast there each morning which consists of pancakes, biscuits, sausage, sausage gravy, fruit, and cereal. It was great, not reheated food and the biscuits were soft not hard. If we ever go back to Branson the first place I will stay at will be the Dutton Inn.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
JohnnyBill

Dutton Inn question

My wife and I will be staying at the Dutton Inn first week in August. Is the breakfast place in the Inn itself or, as I think I read somewhere on here, that you had to walk up the hill to the place (Deli?) next to theatre?
Thanks for any info...
Old 07-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

There is a continental breafast in the Dutton Inn lobby.
A more hearty breakfast is a short walk up the hill to the Dutton Deli, which is next to the Dutton Inn.
But you could drive it, also, if you needed to.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 AM   #4
maryinecho
momof2

The breakfast buffet is in the Dutton Deli up front. We drove up there each morning. The walk is short or they have a golf cart that will pick you up in front of the hotel to bring you up there and bring you back if you like. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. It is a great clean nice place to stay.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #5
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

I'm surprised about Angel Inn going down so much in quality. Maybe they just don't care and think they will survive from new business that doesn't know about them. New owner has sure lost the good reputation created by the Hamption Inn that was bought out.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
DebbieSue

We spent from July 2nd to July 7th at the Dutton Inn it was great. The staff are friendly the Breakfast is really good there was no smell in the room. We had Hopper passes to White Water so no pool was fine with us.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
c kling
Ultra Member

Thumbs up

We loved Dutton Inn last year. For 17 years we stayed out on Indian Point at Coleman Resort but when they sold out we decided to try in town. Dutton Inn always looked nice and so we tried it for 13 nights last year. We will be back there on Sept 7th for another 13 nights. Really nice that they provide 2 different places for breakfast. We get coffee in the lobby and take back to our rooms and then go for the real breakfast later. Can't wait till Sept.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Wayno

Maryinecho, regarding the Angel Inn, can you elaborate on your comment "we didn't like it at all"? I had called there to make reservations for our trip in Nov about the time you were in Branson and was told that they were filled for the days we wanted. Now, after your comment, I am wondering just what we would have encountered had they had vacancy.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #9
maryinecho
momof2

It was not very clean. After taking a bath, when we walked on the carpet our feet would get black. The bathroom was very small and had some hairs in it from the previous guest. When you slept on the beds you fought with the fitted sheet all night, the next morning it would be underneath you. The outside of the building was not the cleanest and the breakfast was not very good. Reheated biscuits that were like rocks and my husband said the gravy had been reheated, the only thing that tasted good was the donuts. Also, the ceiling in the bathroom had rust spots all over it and their was dust and whatever else you want to call it in all the corners. They must just vacuum around everything. We were just very uncomfortable. We chose the Dutton Inn and I highly recommend it. It is a super clean hotel. I would not stay at the Angel Inn if I were you.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
sskog

we stayed at the angel inn in may. it was our first and our last time. when we checked in, we found the shampoo bottle from the previous guest in the tub. there was also hair on the floor. the filter in the air conditioner was so filthy that my husband took it out and washed it to help it cool. i too fought with the sheets all night. no fitted sheets, just sheets tucked under the mattress and they were coming out all night. the days we were there the pool was emptied out because of problems. the breakfast was not good so we ate out after trying it out once. book your room somewhere else and you will have a better trip to branson.

Closed Thread