1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Kimberling City Question

We have a friend who was told about a new gourmet grocery store to be in Kimberling City. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
We have a friend who was told about a new gourmet grocery store to be in Kimberling City. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

I, too, am confused; I've been in the grocery industry the past 9 years and haven't heard anything about this.....
Old 07-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationDad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post

I, too, am confused; I've been in the grocery industry the past 9 years and haven't heard anything about this.....
I don't think it has happened yet. Something new coming. My neighbor talked to the person that is doing it.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
branson nut

The Gourmet Grocer will be going in between Branson West and Kimberling City around September 1st....it's in the yellow shopping center on the left, going toward Kimberling...it's gonna be awesome!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by branson nut View Post
The Gourmet Grocer will be going in between Branson West and Kimberling City around September 1st....it's in the yellow shopping center on the left, going toward Kimberling...it's gonna be awesome!!!
Thank you, Branson Nut! We appreciate your reply!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by branson nut View Post
DW checked this place out last week and was quite impressed with the offerings. She brought home some stuff with funny names and good tastes.
Best of all, (for me) was the bottle of wine with attached mulling spices. The combo ends up being some of the best hot wine I have had. It made watching the Aggies beat the Huskers even more enjoyable.
This store is for real---check it out..
Old 11-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
ggh
Super User

Quote:
DW checked this place out last week and was quite impressed with the offerings. She brought home some stuff with funny names and good tastes.
Best of all, (for me) was the bottle of wine with attached mulling spices. The combo ends up being some of the best hot wine I have had. It made watching the Aggies beat the Huskers even more enjoyable.
Mmmm good reason to drive to KC, to check out the grocery store, and find that wine, does it have a name?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Mmmm good reason to drive to KC, to check out the grocery store, and find that wine, does it have a name?
Chaucer's Cellars and it is a Mead wine made from honey. I think the hot wine recipe came from the store, if not, I probably have it here somewhere.

A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said:
'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 11-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
lkb5271
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
what did this place use to be? trying to figure out where it is in case we decided to stop this week.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb5271 View Post
what did this place use to be? trying to figure out where it is in case we decided to stop this week.
Based on Lyndon's post, I believe it may have been the home of those really nice golf carts that were fashioned to look like classic cars.
When I drove by this AM, they had a banner out close to the hwy. Pretty easy to spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
. . . from golf carts to gourmet . . .

'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 11-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Our neighbors that were asking about this place still haven't seen it. Could you give more specific directions? We don't know where the golf cart place was Thanks
Old 11-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Our neighbors that were asking about this place still haven't seen it. Could you give more specific directions? We don't know where the golf cart place was Thanks
The address is 15038 Hwy 13, on the east side, and the phone is 417-739-1985 (they gave us a sticker )
As I recall it was about 1/10 of a mile from the only motel on the east side of 13, and about 1/10 of a mile from Leona's Deli also on the east side.
Leona's has great wraps by the way..

PS: They recently put up a permanent sign that is very easy to spot.

'Keep off the Grass.'

Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The address is 15038 Hwy 13, on the east side, and the phone is 417-739-1985 (they gave us a sticker )
As I recall it was about 1/10 of a mile from the only motel on the east side of 13, and about 1/10 of a mile from Leona's Deli also on the east side.
Leona's has great wraps by the way..

PS: They recently put up a permanent sign that is very easy to spot.
Thanks DD! I gave them the info., they have been looking forward to going there.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #15
82corvette
Ultra Member

Quote:
Now be careful yuo'll make Bo yell!

Closed Thread