1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg

I think I have DH talked into going Memorial Day weekend. I know for sure that we will want to do the Ripley's Aquarium and Belle Island if it is opened. I plan to hit the outlet malls and specialty shops. I am not sure if we will do Dollywood or not, we probably won't have enough time this trip. Now we need to find a place to stay! A nice indoor pool is a must for DD. Family friendly would be good too. Something $125 or less. Any recommendations? How about family friendly restaurants?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
shoptiludrop51
Banned

WE GO THERE EVERY YR FOR THE LAST 10 YRS!!OK FORGET RIPLEYS WHAT A RIP OFF...GO TO WWW.VRBO.COM..THATS VACATION RENTALS BY OWNER.COM..YOU CAN RENT A GORGEOUS MOUNTAIN CABIN WITH HOT TUB FOR MOTEL PRICE!!ALWAYS GO THRU THE PRIVATE OWNERS AS ITS CHEAPER...WE HAVE RENTED THAT WAY EVERY YR WEVE GONE... STAY IN GATLINBURG AREA NOT AS CONGESTED AS P FORGE...LOTS TO DO...DRIVE THRU CADES COVE ITS FREE AND GORGEOUS..WE HAVE SEEN BEAR TURKEY DEER U NAME IT...OLD 1800 LOG CABINS ITS AWESOME AND FREE....GO INTO THE NATIONAL PARK AND GO FISHING WE DO THAT EVERY YR AND IT GORGEOUS..YOU CAN SWIM TOO..WATERFALLS ETC...IF U LIKE TUBING DRIVE TO THE QUIET SIDE OF THE SMOKEYS TOWNSEND AND GO TUBING ON THE LITTLE PIGEON RIVER..KIDS AND ADULTS..COSTS LIKE 8.00..FUN!!GO TO EBAY AND WATCH FOR ATTRACTION TICKETS..I GET MINE EVERY YR ON EBAY AND SAVE A TON OF MONEY!!PEOPLE GO AND DONT USE ALL THEIR TICKETS THEN SELL THEM ON EBAY..I HAVE NEVER BEEN RIPPED OFF..LAST YR I SAVED 500.00 ON ATYTRACTION STUFF!!RIPLEYS AQUARIUM IN GATLINBURG IS AWESOME...I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT GET A CABIN...WHY PAY MOTEL WHEN U CAN RENT A WHOLE PLACE WITH JACUZZI FOR SAME PRICE!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
shoptiludrop51
Banned

Do The Magic Show In P Forge What A Great Show!!!i Forgot The Guys Name But We Have Gone 2 Yrs In A Row And Its Def Worth The Money!!!we Went To A Small Theatre In Gatlinburg Last Yr Called Something Sadies???what A Fantastic Show!!theatree Looks Like 1800 Flappers Etc...go See It!!!some Shows Stink But That Was Awesome..even Hubby And Dtr Liked It And The Actors Were Hilarious...
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
shoptiludrop51
Banned

Ripleys Believe It Or Not Is A Rip Off..dont Waste Your Money!!if U Have Kids Do The Tubing They Will Lovwe It ..im 54 And I Went!!its Fun Cheap And U Can Fish Too!!kids Will Have A Blast...
Old 04-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

I am only interested in Ripley's Aquarium not Ripley's Believe It or Not.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
DJax
I'm not afraid to use 'em

why indoor pool?

Why do you need an indoor pool? The end of May, the temps will be warm.

Also check out this webcam. It's right on the parkway between light 7 and 8.

http://www.cabinfevervacations.com/p...ns-webcam.html

Last edited by DJax; 04-06-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJax View Post
Why do you need an indoor pool? The end of May, the temps will be warm.

Also check out this webcam. It's right on the parkway between light 7 and 8.

http://www.cabinfevervacations.com/p...ns-webcam.html
Because swimming will be a big deal to my daughter and that way we can swim even if it is cool and/or rainy. Cool web cam! Looks like it is a cold rainy day there.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
DJax
I'm not afraid to use 'em

try these.

www.comfortinnpigeonforge.com/

http://www.smokymountainresorts.com/...igeonforge.php

www.econolodge-pigeonforge.com/

or go here

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/accommo...tels_list.aspx

You can also check here for reviews etc.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...Tennessee.html

Last edited by DJax; 04-06-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

I posted this in the aquarium thread, but we really enjoyed the Econo Lodge Riverside. Here's my post from the other thread.

We stayed last summer at the Econo Lodge Riverside in Pigeon Forge. We LOVED it! They have an indoor pool. It is located on the Parkway right next to The Incredible Christmas Place. On the backside of the motel is the Little Pigeon River...there are lots of ducks that come up and you can feed them. We had a lot of fun feeding the ducks and watching them play.
http://www.econolodge-pigeonforge.com/

Have a GREAT time in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. I'm looking forward to reading your review when you return!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #10
Darbecca
Ultra Member

Country Gal - I think that is the place where we stayed one year, going to and from Virginia to see our younger daughter. I enjoyed feeding the ducks popcorn from our deck. It was a beautiful spring day. On the way back home, we stayed there again, but it had snowed and I felt so badly for the poor ducks.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #11
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Thank you for the hotel information! I can get a AAA rate there and a room would be $80 a night over Memorial Day. Now I just need to talk to DH into it.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToTravel View Post
Thank you for the hotel information! I can get a AAA rate there and a room would be $80 a night over Memorial Day. Now I just need to talk to DH into it.

Book the room first - then tell dh you've got plans for Memorial Day.

That's what my dh does to me - I think he's got a years worth of golf planned out right now, and as it gets close, he 'shares' his plan for 'us' (I don't golf) for the upcoming w/end. I don't complain too much about it, because so far, it's meant that I don't have to stay home and do laundry while he's having fun, instead I tag along and enjoy the new scenery whereever the golf course is.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

He told me to go ahead and book it although I threw in a different scenario about going the next weekend during the time between my daughter's regular school year and extended school year. We would still only be able to go for 3-4 nights.... I am think we would leave on Thursday evening and drive halfway there so that way we would pretty much have all day Friday to do things. I know we want to visit Smoky Mountain National Park and Ripley's Aquarium but would also like to see all those neat little shops and Belle's Island. I am afraid we might be trying to cram too much in for such a short trip.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
shoptiludrop51
Banned

wow u r really missing out staying in a poopy motel lol...trust me we have gone there the last 10 yrs!!log cabin all the way!!kids will love tucing in the little pigeon river and its free except for the tube price of 8.00...hubby can fish kids can tube..its safe my dtr was 4 yrs old and she tubed with her dad and a life jacket....water isnt deep..its so beautiful there..townsend is quiet side of the smokies about 20 min from p forge and u dont have all the nuts running around lol....ripleys believe it or not is a rip off..you will be sorry if u go there...aquarium is great tho....
Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

We haven't decided where we are staying for sure yet. Or even IF we are going. But if we do go we are not doing Ripley's Believe It or Not. Just the Ripley's aquarium. I think we are most concerned that we have just 3 nights to stay there and it is an 8 hour drive. If we don't go we will probably plan a weekend in Branson and save Pigeon Forge for when we have more vacation days to spare. But we'll see. Nothing is definite yet. I really really want to go Pigeon Forge.

Closed Thread