1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #31
NascarDuck3
Beer Bucket Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfrancis View Post
Just read your trip report. Great review and pics too! I'm dying to get away for a while, to some warmer weather!!! My husband and I are trying to plan a trip for the first week of June, our 10th anniversary. We went to Cancun when we were married and haven't been back to the area since. I've heard lots of good things about Playa and wondering if we would enjoy it more than Cancun. Could you give me some travel tips, hotel recommendations, must see and do's, etc. We mainly want to hang on the beach, some siteseeing, bars at night. My husband is picky about hotels though, so we need a cool, decent one. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great!
Travel Tips : pack light .... when you get off the plane in Playa...head STRAIGHT to the exit doors and DO NOT look at the people trying to get your attention ! Once outside head to the right and catch the ADO bus for about $8 and head to Playa ! The bus will let you off around "calle 2" on 5th ave. in Playa.

Hotel recommendations : .... AI or Non - Ai for an AI ( all inclusive ) I would recommend RIU Lupita...in-expensive, great bartenders, decent food, rooms are very nice with your own liquor dispensers in-room Non-Inclusive....I've never stayed at one since my friend has a condo we stay at when not in High Season....but try the "Luna Blue" ...beautiful place and owned by Tony and Cheri from the U.S. and are great people from what I hear ( never have met them yet...but will next time dwon ) OR the Hotel Cielo...2 blocks from the bus terminal....Russell ( i've met ) has great food and a beautiful place to stay as well.

Sightseeing : Try the ferry to Cozumel....you can catch the ferry which is about calle 1 cost i believe was $20 US for 2 round trip......rent a car in Coz and see the whole Island OR go to Tulum and make a day of it on the beach.... you can catch colectivo's to take you there or if you wish...taxi ( more expensive ) .... there are bars on the beach there as well as being able to order food brought to your beach chair ( if you wish ). There is an island up by Cancun...uhhhhhhhhhhh... Isle Mujeres < sp ? correct but this island you rake a ferry too and rent a golf cart and cruise the entire island and hit all the beach bars and stay at a hotel there if you wish....golf carts go fer $50 for a 24 hr period. We wanted to do this with my buddy last time dwon but ran out of time ....we WILL do this next time though !

BARS : Now you hit home with me !!!! You HAVE to hit the following.... BEER BUCKET....Bad Boys on the beach ( live entertainment by JJ and the Nasty bastards on Thurs. and Sat from 4-8pm. PG's sandbox.... Senoir Frogs down by the ferry ( but very expensive ) ... Luna Blue bar has swings at the bar so when you and fall on yer butt you can blame it on the swing.....Luna Blue also have live entertainment ( have to check schedule though ) ..... Tequilla Barrell ( on 5th ) and I could go on and on...but my FINGERS ARE BLEEDING !!!!

Trust me... you will have fun no matter where you go in Playa....it's ALL GOOD...you'll never want to leave ! Don't forget scuba diving, snorkling, ATV adventure and deep sea fishing and parasailing !!!!

Last edited by NascarDuck3; 02-17-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #32
tjfrancis

Thanks so much for the advice. We will probably do an AI. I can't wait to go!!

Closed Thread