1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
golfnut

Mexico trip report ( long and late )

It's a tad late ( been back a month ) so here it goes.....

Wednesday, june 25th--- 3:30am alarm goes off, the wife is up and ready to go, It takes the girls and I a little longer but after a few " get-up now " we're ready.

4:30am --- We say goodbye to cat and it's off to the airport. after a short 20 minute drive we hit the long term lot, shuttle to the terminal, check bags.......
It's only 5:20 flight doesn't leave till 7am, ( love that hurry up and wait ) oh well it's vacation.....

7:00am-- we are in the air, inflight movie " The wedding singer " not a fan of it ....... so for almost 3 hours I tried to sleep.... and of course I didn't....

9:50am--- we arrive in cancun, grabbed the bags, cool first in line at customs....... they gave us the green light outside we go, look for the Lomas travel rep. give him our name, name of resort points to a van and off we go

After a little more than an hour down the coast at speeds of about 85mph
we arrive

We arrive about noon, check in is at 3pm.... cool they let us have our room early.... there is 5 sections to this resort, we stayed at the TROPICAL...

Time to change into our swimming attire and hit the beach, but first a stop at the snack bar...... then to the beach

my daughters Bene" and Megan

After about 2 hours it clouds up and rains , we head back to room shower and hit the buffets decent food some real good, some not so good ...but lots of choices and tons of it......... after that all 4 of us were pretty tired..... back to the room, it didn't take long to fall asleep ...
end of day 1......
Old 08-05-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Great pics and reviews!!! Keep them coming!!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #3
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Beautiful girls,
I am glad you had a good day on day 1..........
Keep the pics coming........
Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Thanks for the review so far, keep the review & pictures coming!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
golfnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordarama View Post
Beautiful girls,
I am glad you had a good day on day 1..........
Keep the pics coming........
Thanks, Bene" is 19 megan 18........ everybody thought they were 13 or 14.

DAY 2 ....Thursday.... we've already planned to do nothing, just relax and take easy by the pool

there is 6 pools at this resort 2 at the tropical, 1 on each side of this path that leads to the beach

My favorite part of the pool ...... just a short wade to the bar

back to the start of thursday...... wake-up to rain .... did go to the beach just not the same without a nice sunny day... thursday sucked......

In the evening we made dinner reservations for one of the specialty restaurants that you have to dress nice for, and the girls did

It was there steakhouse restaurant ...... it was ok nothing special.........

by this time it had stop raining but not much else to do..... my wife decides she wants to go back and do some reading..... the girls and I decide to see the show at one of the resort theater

It was a Cabaret style show, we left early.. called it a night.......
Old 08-06-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
golfnut

Some randem pic's .....

path leading from our building

Beautiful grounds, all trimmed by hand with machete's

our building

part of the lobby

Last edited by golfnut; 08-06-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Love your pics and the review!!! In that first pic your kids did look very young!!! Keep the reviews and pics coming. I just love looking at them!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #8
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

It is a shame America can't have more beach resorts that nice........
For the same good deals you get in Mexico..........
The pools are awesome.......
I am happy that you and your family had fun, And got to see the beaches in mexico......
Old 08-06-2008, 06:58 AM   #9
golfnut

I should have posted this under ....Other destinations.... my mistake....
Old 08-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
linron
Super Ultra Member

I am enjoying the report and pictures too!
My son and his wife went to Cancun for their honeymoon and they loved it there.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #12
golfnut

First, My apologies for the long delay in finishing this trip report. I had to wait for my daughter to download more photos.( plus I don't type well )

Friday: Day 3 - had to be up early 7:30 to be exact, for a tour of the Mayan Ruins at Coba. ( we booked this tour the day before )....... we're dressed and at the buffets by 8, cool not a lot people at this time of the morning. I had a made to order 3 egg omelet and freshly made Churros, both excellent plus some Coke light ( mexico's diet coke )....... Then it was time to make our way to the lobby to catch the bus, cool we're the last to get picked upped this means we will be the first to dropped off.....

Takes about an hour or so to get to the Ruins.......

The tour begins with our guide informing us theres about 3 miles of walking involved till we reach the main Pyarmid............. I don't know if it was 3 miles or not, it seemed like 6 and you are just drenched by that time..... you're in the jungle with the heat and humidity with no breeze, made it a little rough ( but I love that kind of history )...

I was using the camcorder so I didn't catch a lot of names of these Pyarmids

the dark spot on the ceiling is a Bat..

These last 2 photos are the Pyarmid Nohoul Mul, It's 133 steps to the top out of 4 my oldest daughter is the only one to make it to the top... ( as for me I made it to step 62..... GOOD ENOUGH ) I don't do heights.....

Time to make our way back to the bus.. I wasn't in the mood for any more walking, ahhh but it just so happens you can catch a ride on a 2 seat bike back to the parking lot for 6 bucks for 2... ( I gladly paid the 12 bucks )

Aaahhh, back on the bus for some much needed A/C ! It was short lived, lunch was provided on this tour so after a 5 minute ride we we're treated to a small buffet... overall the food was pretty good, not great but good... After about an hour back on the bus for the last part of the tour, a visit to a Mayan family, for the most part they showed how they cooked meals and day to day activities.. ( I'm sure a lot of this was just for the tourist, but still we found it interesting )......... The family consisted of 14 kids, 8 girls 6 boys,

this was my wife and girls favorite part of the tour.........
after about 45 minutes back to the resort, it's a little after 4pm.( long day )
time for some much needed showers, then to the restaurant...... after dinner we made our way over to the plaza, that has about 6 to 8 stores,spent a little $$ then it time to call it a night
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #13
golfnut

Saturday: Day 4- spent most of the day on the beach till about 3pm. then back to the lobby for a 30 minute bus ride to Maroma beach. the girls chose this activity where you get 45 minutes on a small speed boat and 45 minutes on a Atv ( the speed boats wasn't all that fast, but fast enough for me )

not a lot of pic's, hard to ride and take photos, water was really choppy,my oldest took a lot of pic's of the sky or her feet......

my daughter took this one before the ATV's I think it looks like a postcard.......

Next time well do the waverunners instead of the speed boats... 6pm time to head back to the resort,didn't do much after that hit the pool for awhile...
Around 9:30 we decided to catch the show at the theater, the resort has different show each night ..... tonight was rock n roll night.... the band was pretty good first time I ever seen a Mexican Elvis he was actually quite good........... after that called a night.......
Old 08-27-2008, 04:40 AM   #14
Critter
Super Ultra Member

I loved, loved, loved the review and the pics. I would not have the guts to go up those steps. Tooooooo steep for me. I see you have a rope to help you down. I would be a klutz and the rope would be no help in that manner....lol

GREAT PICS!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #15
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Looks like fun, except the heat..LOL.........
Thanks for sharing those pics..
I may never get to mexico,
Unless I rob that bank and have to hideout in ole mexico.........

Closed Thread