1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Janet89

Schlitterbahn, Kansas City

I was looking for an old post and ran across one about Schlitterbahn!! How exciting! This will probably be a "must do" for us next summer!

Kansas City people, anything new regarding the progress?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
sendsley

They had some delays just after the first of the year related to the weather and the economy. I believe they reorganized the phases they'll be opening in but still have a June 2009 opening on schedule.

Follow it all
http://schlitterblogkc.blogspot.com/

I also have a Google Alert set up for "Schlitternbahn Kansas City"
Old 02-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
Janet89

Thank you for the reply. This may be our getaway for the summer unless airfare goes down. We're hoping for a beach trip, but, if not, I asked my son if he would prefer Schlitterbahn and Great Wolf lodge, Branson, or St. Louis. Right now he is opting for Kansas City. I had found some info that it would still be opening this summer.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
sendsley

Most articles still just say "Summer 2009" but I have found a few that say "June 2009"

I know less than nothing about construction - especially of a water park and maybe you just can't see much from the roads that get near the park but we drive by it every once in a while when we're up that way and it appears they have A LONG WAY to go. But like I said, maybe I can't see the right sections. I do know the dirt moves around a lot so they're doing something

Great Wolf Lodge is AWESOME!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Janet89

Thanks again! If you hear anything new, would you post it please?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
sendsley

I will try to remember!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:29 AM   #7
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet89 View Post
Thank you for the reply. This may be our getaway for the summer unless airfare goes down. We're hoping for a beach trip, but, if not, I asked my son if he would prefer Schlitterbahn and Great Wolf lodge, Branson, or St. Louis. Right now he is opting for Kansas City. I had found some info that it would still be opening this summer.

You are close enough for the beach,
Drive to branson, stay the night,,,,,
The drive on to the beach.....
Old 02-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
Janet89

Hi fordarama. I had thought of that, but we are very limited on time this summer. One of our employees left and, right now, we are not replacing him. We have part time help, but he has another job, also. The best we can do is a long weekend away. A full day of driving there and back isn't going to work.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

It is always something......
You can't close up for a week?? Life is short.....
Vacation,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 02-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
Janet89

I wish . . . . But, summer is busy for our business.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
sendsley

Here's a HUGE update! Expected opening late May or early June!

[url]http://www.schlitterblogkc.blogspot.com/[url]
Old 03-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #12
Janet89

Great! Thanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #13
bigwillieb

Talking So ready!!

Ok, I just saw a billboard on my way to work!!!!!! It says in June 2009. Prices are going to be One-day GA- $32.99; One-day Child-$27.99; One-day Senior $27.99, Two-Day GA $49.99. But to be honest with only the first phase being done, you may want to go for just the one day. I really want season passes since I live like 10 mins. away, like every day I will go! But, of course that is not if I dont get a job there. Really supper excited about this park!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #14
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

http://www.schlitterblogkc.blogspot.com/ is interesting in itself...could someone phonetically pronounce Schlitter for me, so I don't say it wrong?

I used to go to a similar place with my kids in NO CA many years ago (Africa USA)....we loved it. And we loved Margie the Camel...she could eat the sweater hanging around your shoulders in a flash...so you had to make sure you didn't have anything hanging on your body that wasn't attached or you had your arms in....she loved ladies purses as well....and she she gently kissed everybody....picky picky muzzle......so sweet.

They also had mean monkeys running loose...I suppose people teased them....but they were beggars, and if you didn't have a bag of peanuts, they'd ride on your back and lead you to the machine to buy some.

All the animals where I went were real....even a bear on a leash that did tricks.
This place looks like a lot of fun for an afternoon of entertainment.

And you can swim too. Slide?

However, it isn't Branson, where there is so much more to choose from.

I understand the inablility to quit the job when you are small business...most work 7 days a week no matter how short life is NOW.....sometimes we have to put ''what is important'' and ''pays the bills'' first before fun..............but if you can go for a day...I'd love to see this place....fun along with maintaining your business............looks good to me.

Nice blog......

Last edited by Cheesecake; 05-28-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 AM   #15
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

Cheesecake -
We've VERY close to the original Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, TX ...

Around here it's MOSTLY called "shlitter bahn" with a short "I" ... though sometimes you hear it "shleeter bahn" which I BELIEVE would be the correct German pronounciation ...

From what I've heard it means "slippery road" ....

The one here is always packed ... it's in two parts extending ... having to get from one section to another via a shuttle bus....

I've only been one time - my kids have been numerous times ... I'm not a huge water park person - but I know the company is known for doing water parks best ...

My oldest son was 8 years old when we moved to Texas ... I remember when we were going to move he was looking at a map of Texas to see where San Antonio is ... and got SO EXCITED because he saw how close it is to New Braunfels ... and that he'd FINALLY get to go to this place (I'd NEVER heard of it) ... Now he LIVES in New Braunfels... laugh...

Closed Thread