1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #46
GNEE
Ultra Member

I just love Disney World. We were there about a month ago and I'm missing it so much now that all I can think about is going back but probably will have to wait for about a year.

We've been there many times but this was the first time we stayed at a Disney value resort-The all sports resort with their current package deal going on now.
4 nites and the next 3 nites free with their 7 day hopper pass, air transportation, transporation to and from the airport, 200 gift card.

We were looking for a quick break from this insane winter at a price that didn't hurt too bad and for 1,600.00 for the two of us, I thought that was quite decent. Although, next time I will try a different resort. The All Sports was alright but would probably upscale a bit and also get their quik food plan but other than that I hope they have some more good deals next year.

My favs: MK-Pirates of the Caribean
Epcot-Sorin and Fast Track
Hollywood Studios-Tower of Terror
AK-the safari
Old 04-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #47
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

Magic Kingdom-Splash Mountain (favorite overall on property)
Epcot-Spaceship Earth (the reason I fell in love with WDW at the start)
Studios-Great Movie Ride
Animal Kingdom-Expedition Everest

Welcome, GNEE!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #48
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Welcome Gnee! And I know just how you feel. I am glad to have found so many WDW fans here on the Branson boards though! We'll help each other get through the time between trips. 11+ months and counting for me!!!! I am hoping for good deals again although my friend (and travel agent) warned me that they probably wouldn't be as good as this year.

To help me get through until then we might plan a trip to Branson either Memorial Day, 4th of July OR Labor Day weekend this year. I gotta hit those outlet malls, the Landing and SDC! If I close my eyes Branson Landing almost seems like Downtown Disney.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #49
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToTravel View Post
To help me get through until then we might plan a trip to Branson either Memorial Day, 4th of July OR Labor Day weekend this year. I gotta hit those outlet malls, the Landing and SDC! If I close my eyes Branson Landing almost seems like Downtown Disney.
Maybe we will run into each other. We are going all those weekends for a quick trip to SDC!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #50
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlet View Post
I've stopped posting over there for the most part .. I generally go to ck discounts ... and the camping board - because my "plan" at this point is to camp at Ft Wilderness the next time we go ... I've had many many trips "planned" - even ressies made - but then "real life" sets in - and frankly while I LOVE LOVE LOVE going ... I'm also terribly practical ..
Fort Wilderness is one of my FAVORITE Disney resorts. It is so peaceful and laid-back that even during the busiest times at WDW you have an enjoyable experience. When we've stayed at Fort Wilderness we've spent many days where we did not even leave the resort grounds. There is more to do at FW than at any other Disney resort. If you go there, be SURE to dine at the Trailís End Buffet. It is the most economical buffet at Walt Disney World and in my opinion also one of the best! Camping at Fort Wilderness will obviously be most enjoyable during the cooler months in Florida. I would avoid May - October if at all possible.

Quote:
Sometimes I think planning for it - and staying OFF the boards might be better ... EVERYONE does not have to have sit down meals every night .. in fact I'm floored by the people who do .. we generally do maybe one or two sit downs a trip ... everything else counter service - or eat in our room ... WAY too much food for all the walking involved for us...
We went for many years eating exclusively at counter service places in the parks and food courts at the resorts. In fact during our first visit the only meal we had on-site was soup at what was then the Tomorrowland Terrace. We ate most of our meals before or after being on Disney property at McDonald's or at our off-site hotel using pizza delivery.

Those years provided some of our greatest memories at WDW. Sure, we are now fortunate enough that we can afford Deluxe Resorts and to take all of our meals on property. But do you want to know what WDW trips hold the most memories for us? It was the trips we took when we had two young kids and no money at all. That is why I love WDW so much. People with absolutely no money can have an experience just as magical as those with a bundle of money to burn.

Good Times in Branson
Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #51
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

We do a table service meal each day but we are on the dining plan. This year we were able to get free dining again so that is a huge savings. We are going for 10 nights this trip. We are going to do each park 2 days with the exception of MK which we will do for 3 days. We are also going to go to two Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties. We went in 2006 and had a blast.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #52
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post
We do a table service meal each day but we are on the dining plan. This year we were able to get free dining again so that is a huge savings. We are going for 10 nights this trip. We are going to do each park 2 days with the exception of MK which we will do for 3 days. We are also going to go to two Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties. We went in 2006 and had a blast.
Sounds like yall will have a BLAST!!

Closed Thread