1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat > Prayer Requests & Birthday, Holiday, and other Well Wishes,

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #76
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Whether we are "Friend" or "Foe" on this board regarding our different viewpoints of politics, shows, restaurants, or whatever, we are all still a "Branson Community", for lack of a better description, and when illness or other bad fortune catches up to one of us, it is taken personally as happening to a close neighbor. Hoping all his conditions improve shortly.
So very true. Heaven knows he and I have gone toe-to-toe a few times. But it comes back to the fact that we are community here, and we can pu together and pray for each other when things get tough. And I am praying.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #77
JBlixtswife

Now that I have spoken to Jerry's son, his sister, and his daughter this evening, I can give you all the latest news on Jerry, and we all have agreed on the next step we have to take. I spoke to the comfort care team at the hospital today. They told me they lowered his sedation enough so they could ask him what he wanted to do about the ventilator and if he wants it removed. There were 3 nurses in his room at that time. I was not at the hospital yet. When they asked him, he nodded his head yes and they asked him several times in different ways, he said yes every time. They asked him if he is aware of what could possibly happen if he couldn't breath on his own and that they would not be able to put him back on the ventilator and he shook his head yes. They asked him if this was his wish and he shook his head yes. They asked him if he wanted a permanent tracheotomy and he shook his head no. They told me they have exhausted all possible treatments/options at this time. It's not that his kidneys are not functioning, it's the fluid on his lungs as well as his COPD/Emphysema. The kidney function being that bad just didn't help matters. He is also a surgery risk as he cannot handle the anesthesia they use in surgery. It hurts a lot to have to make this decision, but it is what he would want. He doesn't want to suffer any longer and knows he won't get any better. This coming week is going to be a difficult one for me and his family. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for him and me and for all of the support you have given me.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #78
Lindsey
Ultra Member

sending love to MNtraveler and Ann tonight....
Old 11-08-2016, 04:23 AM   #79
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Prayers for all of you Ann.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:07 AM   #80
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Oh Ann, I'm so very sorry to see this news about Jerry. Prayers for him, you, and his family. May God send His angels to surround you all during the coming days.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:38 AM   #81
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Unhappy MNTraveler 11-8-2016

At this point, all we can do is continue to pray. For Jerry, that the Lord takes him home quickly and painlessly; for Ann, that she is given the strength and courage to get through this difficult time, (she was a widow when she and Jerry got together); for all their friends and family, that we remember and celebrate the life of Jerry and honor that relationship.

May the Lord Bless them and keep them. May the Lord look upon them and grant them favor.May the Lord shine His face upon them and grant them peace.

Jerry, you old curmudgeon, may flights of angels sing you to your rest.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 11-08-2016, 06:59 AM   #82
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlixtswife View Post
Now that I have spoken to Jerry's son, his sister, and his daughter this evening, I can give you all the latest news on Jerry, and we all have agreed on the next step we have to take. I spoke to the comfort care team at the hospital today. They told me they lowered his sedation enough so they could ask him what he wanted to do about the ventilator and if he wants it removed. There were 3 nurses in his room at that time. I was not at the hospital yet. When they asked him, he nodded his head yes and they asked him several times in different ways, he said yes every time. They asked him if he is aware of what could possibly happen if he couldn't breath on his own and that they would not be able to put him back on the ventilator and he shook his head yes. They asked him if this was his wish and he shook his head yes. They asked him if he wanted a permanent tracheotomy and he shook his head no. They told me they have exhausted all possible treatments/options at this time. It's not that his kidneys are not functioning, it's the fluid on his lungs as well as his COPD/Emphysema. The kidney function being that bad just didn't help matters. He is also a surgery risk as he cannot handle the anesthesia they use in surgery. It hurts a lot to have to make this decision, but it is what he would want. He doesn't want to suffer any longer and knows he won't get any better. This coming week is going to be a difficult one for me and his family. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for him and me and for all of the support you have given me.
I am so so sorry. I appreciate you coming to tell us, Ann. As hard as it is to hear about Jerry, it would be far worse if we didn't know why he no longer came here to visit with us.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:25 AM   #83
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Surrounding you with love, Jerry and Ann.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #84
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
So very true. Heaven knows he and I have gone toe-to-toe a few times. But it comes back to the fact that we are community here, and we can pu together and pray for each other when things get tough. And I am praying.
This is so very true! I am praying for him & his family.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #85
Daydreamer

I agree, this forum is a community. So sorry to read the news about MNTraveler. Will be praying for him and his dear family.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #86
ggh
Super User

I can think of nothing harder than following the wishes of loved ones at the end of life. Ann, you and Jerry, and your family will remain in our prayers.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #87
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

No words can express my sorrow for Trav and his family. Prayers that the next days will pass easily for him. Prayers also to ease the pain of his loved ones.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:51 AM   #88
craftemp
Ultra Member

So, so sorry to read this. Praying for peace and strength during the difficult times ahead.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #89
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

So very sorry to hear about Jerry but I definitely understand his position.

My thoughts and my prayers go to all his family, all his friends and the members on this board who were fortunate enough to get to know Jerry.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 11-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #90
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Unhappy MNTraveler RIP

Jerry (MNTraveller), ended his fight today and now rests in the arms of the Lord.
Please pray for his wife Ann and remember a man with whom we shared many spirited discussions here on 1branson.com/forum.

Rest in peace Jerry. Know that you were appreciated, even when some of us disagreed with you. Keep strong Ann. Know that many here who have never met you are praying for your comfort in this difficult time.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Closed Thread