Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
OkieAnon

Grand Village ????????????????

was that enough ??? marks

what the heck is going on at the Grand Village

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...defa324dd.html

details coming at the P&Z meeting in a few days but it sounds like a total redo of the Village.

there was some stores there really liked, what little the paper had sounds like they'll be gone.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
was that enough ??? marks

what the heck is going on at the Grand Village

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...defa324dd.html

details coming at the P&Z meeting in a few days but it sounds like a total redo of the Village.

there was some stores there really liked, what little the paper had sounds like they'll be gone.
If those stores you like were successful there probably is a good chance they will pop up somewhere in the new mix..
But what is all this change in BTown? Seems like a major project or addition once a week. We need to get the Branson is dying" crowd in here to splain it.

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 01-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #3
OkieAnon

the story is very vague, but they are talking museums and exhibition center for the top, then developing the bottom with an outdoor theater, parking garage and something about a time share place.

I agree DD, very active winter for announcements this year.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:15 AM   #4
marolinesdad

They better leave Mel's Hard Luck Diner alone. My girls would be very upset.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #5
Tams
Super Ultra Member

I don't like the sound of this at all. Sugar Leaf, Kringles, Mulberry Mill and Dicken's are some of my favorites there..beginning to not like the talk of what is going on in Branson on the strip...already there is the gaudy Chicken, the huge Gorilla, the huge Ship, how a ferris wheel and some talk of Big Foot...do something with the closed buildings and empty theaters before you start adding craziness.

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
KingOfBranson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams View Post
I don't like the sound of this at all. Sugar Leaf, Kringles, Mulberry Mill and Dicken's are some of my favorites there..beginning to not like the talk of what is going on in Branson on the strip...already there is the gaudy Chicken, the huge Gorilla, the huge Ship, how a ferris wheel and some talk of Big Foot...do something with the closed buildings and empty theaters before you start adding craziness.
What do you propose they do with the "Closed" buildings & who is they? You obliviously make your living in a non-tourism related capacity.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #7
Tams
Super Ultra Member

My opinion...and never mentioned THEY

Old 02-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #8
lsheagney
Ultra Member

I agree with TAMS there are a lot of special and unique shops in the Grand Village. I hope there is a plan to relocate them or keep them within the new plan.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #9
KingOfBranson

Quote:
My opinion...and never mentioned THEY
It sounded as if you had a plan for someone or was giving them direction. It's so easy to snipe at Branson from a distance.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #10
KingOfBranson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsheagney View Post
I agree with TAMS there are a lot of special and unique shops in the Grand Village. I hope there is a plan to relocate them or keep them within the new plan.
I would imagine the "New" plan is more of a Hey, look what you could do with this property for both a potential purchaser & the P&Z commission. I doubt in the end it looks anything like the mock up.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #11
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

One of my very favorite places to eat in Branson is "Sugar Leaf" that is located in the shopping mall.

We have a lot of our "Out-To-Lunch-Bunch" luncheons there because it is definitely a favorite of this forum. Their desserts are all homemade and delicious and their "Ultimate B-L-T" is nothing short of magnificent.

Losing Chester's a few years back when they had to change locations was quite a blow and don't want that to happen again.

Just in case, wonder how many "Ultimate B-L-T"'s I could stack in my freezer.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 02-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #12
Tams
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfBranson View Post
It sounded as if you had a plan for someone or was giving them direction. It's so easy to snipe at Branson from a distance.
Sometimes it might be good to be a person looking in from the outside..who also sets up many, many trips for people to come to Branson...just didn't want 76 to begin to look like a complete FAIR way....that is all..

Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #13
KingOfBranson

Quote:
Sometimes it might be good to be a person looking in from the outside..who also sets up many, many trips for people to come to Branson...just didn't want 76 to begin to look like a complete FAIR way....that is all..
That's why they call it an "Attraction", we need them, want them & have to have them...SDC spends millions on them to "attract" visitors because it's what we do here in a tourist destination. Know your market, know your customer, satisfy your customer. What do you propose the strip should look like, theaters only?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #14
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Wow. Paranoia always reigns supreme in Branson. I would also hate to lose Sugar Leaf, but I see NOWHERE where they appear to be threatened. I'm sure some of the stores in the Village may change, but that doesn't bother me much. I have never even entered most of them. I am sure the successful ones (which would certainly include Sugar Leaf) will stay. To me the big change will be the development of the south parcel. I will be very interested to see what goes there.

Good Times in Branson
Old 02-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
KingOfBranson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Wow. Paranoia always reigns supreme in Branson. I would also hate to lose Sugar Leaf, but I see NOWHERE where they appear to be threatened. I'm sure some of the stores in the Village may change, but that doesn't bother me much. I have never even entered most of them. I am sure the successful ones (which would certainly include Sugar Leaf) will stay. To me the big change will be the development of the south parcel. I will be very interested to see what goes there.

The whole property, including the old shops is striving to become a "Planned Development" which allows them greater flexibility to run the property in a way they see fit like the Landing does without running everything thru the city. Of course it has to be legal & within an agreed upon scope which in most cases is negotiated in advance of going before P & Z & the board. How anyone could think this would be messing with the old shops is sort of comical, if anything they will move to the new section or at a minimum reap the added traffic created by it.

Closed Thread