1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
ggh
Super User

Reeds Spring Pizza Company

We had dinner at Reeds Spring Pizza Company tonight, we'd read about it in 417 Magazine, and we'd read about it here. Quaint pizza joint, with a family owned atmosphere. We ordered the dipping bread - which was a small loaf of herb bread, and pretty good. The pizza was thin and crisp, and had multiple cheese's on it, and italian sausage. The Italian sausage was a disappointment, appeared to be prefabbed, and was precooked, and lacked flavor. 2 drinks, the dipping bread, and a medium pizza was $26.xx I'd return, but we'd make a different pizza selection next time.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
persimmons
traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
They use prefab pigs for their sausage.
They stack and store better!

BTW, the pizzas do look really good:

http://www.reedsspringpizzaco.com/
Old 08-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by persimmons View Post
They stack and store better!

BTW, the pizzas do look really good:

http://www.reedsspringpizzaco.com/
That's one of many reasons why we had to try it out - it's pretty pizza.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
DRBOTTS

Never had a bad pizza or a bad time here. One of my favorite places. Every one should give it a try.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

With so many good places for all kinds of food in Branson, I haven't really thought of going to Reeds Spring to eat. Not that far, just haven't thought about. I'll have to give it a try if the pizza urge hits!

Don't know about the prefabbed sausage. Does any pizza place make their own Italian sausage from scratch with ground pork and spices? Probably doesn't make much difference to me though, I usually get pepperoni anyway.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
With so many good places for all kinds of food in Branson, I haven't really thought of going to Reeds Spring to eat. Not that far, just haven't thought about. I'll have to give it a try if the pizza urge hits!

Don't know about the prefabbed sausage. Does any pizza place make their own Italian sausage from scratch with ground pork and spices? Probably doesn't make much difference to me though, I usually get pepperoni anyway.
Yes, there are places that do make their own Italian Sausage, but even most that don't make it themselves, do put raw bulk sausage on the pizza, it gives it great flavor, you should try it sometime - I even fix it that way at home. I expect dogfood shaped sausage lumps on frozen pizza, but wasn't expecting it from Reeds Spring Pizza, or we'd of ordered a different kind of pizza, that's all.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Prefab, dogfood-shaped sausage lumps.

Mmmmmmmmm!

That was my thoughts exactly!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
but even most that don't make it themselves, do put raw bulk sausage on the pizza, it gives it great flavor, you should try it sometime
I've had enough pizza in my time to have had it both ways. When I do occasionally get sausage on a pizza I prefer the little "mini" patties. Prefabbed or not.
It's another St. Louis thing I guess, but Imo's pepperoni pizza in King!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
ggh
Super User

Quote:
I've had enough pizza in my time to have had it both ways. When I do occasionally get sausage on a pizza I prefer the little "mini" patties. Prefabbed or not.
It's another St. Louis thing I guess, but Imo's pepperoni pizza in King!!!!
I love Imo's pizza too, but you can have ALL the pepperoni!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
I love Imo's pizza too, but you can have ALL the pepperoni!

From your OP Reeds Spring Pizza Co sounds like they might be kinda like Imo's. Are they?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
ggh
Super User

Quote:

From your OP Reeds Spring Pizza Co sounds like they might be kinda like Imo's. Are they?
Yes, and no, the crust is thin, and crisp, but RS uses a mix of cheese, and if provolone was one of them I couldn't taste it.

I suspect we made a poor choice of pizza toppings. I didn't get a good enough view of other pizza's due to where we were seated, (an ajoining room) to get a feel for other pizzas. When we return, I'll likely go for one of their speciality pizza's.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #12
beezylou

I had The Athens yesterday -- tomato, basil, feta and olives -- it was AMAZING !!!! the specialty pizzas are so good !!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
persimmons
traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezylou View Post
I had The Athens yesterday -- tomato, basil, feta and olives -- it was AMAZING !!!! the specialty pizzas are so good !!
That sounds like the one for me! It sounds like the perfect lunch after hitting Zip Line USA (http://www.goziplineusa.com/). I thought the place was farther than it is from Branson last year which is why we didn't go. When I saw the video at http://youtu.be/Qurh7Z3VhyA. Watch and when you get to the 1 minute, 5 second mark, the forest floor drops away down into the valley! That looks like a BLAST! Anyway, not to hijack a thread...back to food...

I wish their website had a downloadable menu pdf. The display on the site only covers 1/3 or less of the width of my screen and one almost needs a magnifier. See:

http://www.reedsspringpizzaco.com/Menu.html
Old 09-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #14
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I did when I was in high school and worked at Shakeys. I made the dough from scratch, too. Ground beef, too, with a spice mix.
Shakey's! That's the name of the Pizza Chain I was trying to remember last week. We had some in north Louisiana back in the early 70s, but they disappeared.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #15
adair iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh View Post
Yes, there are places that do make their own Italian Sausage, but even most that don't make it themselves, do put raw bulk sausage on the pizza, it gives it great flavor, you should try it sometime - I even fix it that way at home. I expect dogfood shaped sausage lumps on frozen pizza, but wasn't expecting it from Reeds Spring Pizza, or we'd of ordered a different kind of pizza, that's all.
I love raw sausage and hate the rabbitt turd sausage. I ask places whether it is frozen or fresh.
I asked Reeds Springs Pizza the same. The concern stated to me was the cleanliness of the raw food being in the kitchen.. Considering everyone always complaining about cleanliness I can honor those remarks but still would rather have them try RAW sausage.
I actually ASK before I place and order at every pizza place. I even check the oven out and if it is a conveyer, I will not even eat there.

Closed Thread