1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
WildfireFan
WildfireFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 188
Zipline help!

I need some help choosing a zipline. We are visiting Branson September 2nd thru 6th - myself and my two daughters (14 and 12). None of us have ever ziplined, but I've always wanted to try it. I noticed there's several companies in Branson, so I'm looking for suggestions as to which one we should choose. Price is important, and I'd like the tour to have more than one zipline with a scenic view.
WildfireFan is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Lindsey
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Less than an hour from Branson
Posts: 711
my kids have gift certificate to the one that is just north of branson . . . . however, they have not been able to locate the ENTRANCE off of 65 hwy!! there are plenty of billboards in the area suggesting that there is an entrance somewhere . . . . but exactly WHERE? if they ever find the entrance (it can be seen from the highway) and complete the zipline, i will send out a report!
Lindsey is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildfireFan View Post
I need some help choosing a zipline. We are visiting Branson September 2nd thru 6th - myself and my two daughters (14 and 12). None of us have ever ziplined, but I've always wanted to try it. I noticed there's several companies in Branson, so I'm looking for suggestions as to which one we should choose. Price is important, and I'd like the tour to have more than one zipline with a scenic view.
Here are the various zipline threads with links to websites for more info.
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t54238.html
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t56347.html
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t54016.html
biscuitcreek is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
mikee
Senior Member
 
mikee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 496
Smile

IF YOU ARE GOING NORTH ON 65 FROM BRANSON GO DOWN THE BIG HILL AND HALF WAY UP THE NEXT HILL WHERE THE ZIP LINE TOWERS ARE. THE ROAD IF RIGHT THERE. IT IS GRAVEL NOW, BUT JUST A SHORT WAY DOWN AND PART IS ALREADY PAVED. IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE NORTH YOU PASS THE TOWERS, GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL AND MAKE A U TURN AND GO BACK UP THE HILL TO THE TOWERS. I WAS THERE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE .
mikee is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
preacherman
Super Ultra Member
 
preacherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bransonites
Posts: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
IF YOU ARE GOING NORTH ON 65 FROM BRANSON GO DOWN THE BIG HILL AND HALF WAY UP THE NEXT HILL WHERE THE ZIP LINE TOWERS ARE. THE ROAD IF RIGHT THERE. IT IS GRAVEL NOW, BUT JUST A SHORT WAY DOWN AND PART IS ALREADY PAVED. IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE NORTH YOU PASS THE TOWERS, GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL AND MAKE A U TURN AND GO BACK UP THE HILL TO THE TOWERS. I WAS THERE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE .
This is taken going south on 65 so the entrance is on the other side. I thought maybe the billboards might help for a heads up. You can see the orange cones on the entrance under the first billboard. I left the one picture large so you could see better.



preacherman is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Lindsey
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Less than an hour from Branson
Posts: 711
AHA!!!! will tell kids to look for the orange cones!! THANKS for the photo and info!!!!
Lindsey is offline  
Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
Cindy
IMRKTSTRS
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Branson Area
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildfireFan View Post
I need some help choosing a zipline. We are visiting Branson September 2nd thru 6th - myself and my two daughters (14 and 12). None of us have ever ziplined, but I've always wanted to try it. I noticed there's several companies in Branson, so I'm looking for suggestions as to which one we should choose. Price is important, and I'd like the tour to have more than one zipline with a scenic view.
I work with the Branson Zipline & Canopy Tours located on US Hwy 65. It's north of Branson about 7 miles. Our Canopy Tours are great for the family and there is a family pass for the Flying Prospector Canopy Tour. It's a guided interactive tour in the outdoors and if you go to BransonZiplineBlog.com you can see a lot of pictures to help get a feel for the experience and the fun.

Sorry everyone is having a hard time finding the entrance. Currently MoDot is not allowing us to put any signage (even directional) at the turn off from Hwy 65.
Cindy is offline  
Old 07-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
phillip3225
Branson Resident
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Branson
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
AHA!!!! will tell kids to look for the orange cones!! THANKS for the photo and info!!!!
Also if your headed north, it is maybe 30 yard after the guard rail ends.
phillip3225 is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
justgohogs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 246
You've gotta try the Extreme Zip-Rider at Shepherd of the Hills. It launches from just under the Observation Deck on the tower and it's incredibly cool!
justgohogs is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
littleg
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: st.charles,mo.
Posts: 1,019
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
You've gotta try the Extreme Zip-Rider at Shepherd of the Hills. It launches from just under the Observation Deck on the tower and it's incredibly cool!
Can't find a website,colud you give me price?
littleg is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleg View Post
Can't find a website,colud you give me price?
There's more info posted earlier in a previous thread (see post #3 for the links); Vigilante Zipline is part of Shepherd of the Hills.


http://www.bransonshows.com/activity...derTickets.cfm
biscuitcreek is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Zipline Article DalmatianDad Branson Attractions 0 02-02-2010 08:58 PM
Branson Zipline and Canopy Tour TheOleSeagull Branson Attractions 8 01-26-2010 08:50 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.


--