1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
libraria
Super Ultra Member

I'm sharing this with you

Because I am amazed at the support you’ve shown me. I have an appointment with my surgeon on Monday to go over some further treatment. I’m angry and depressed that the pathology report on my procedure on March 29th shows that there is some “micro invasion”; meaning that the cancerous cells have invaded the tissue around the ducts. I truly believed that this would all be over with after the 29th. But it’s not. So now I will most likely have to decide between a lumpectomy with radiation or a mastectomy.

One reason I am sharing this with you is to stress the importance of regular mammograms. It doesn’t always have to be a lump! Mine is a Grade 1, very slow growing. So, I’m not really worried about it being a huge CANCER ! It is cancer, but in its initial stage.

So now I have a big decision to make; it just better not mess with my Branson trip scheduled for July 3rd!

Thanks to you all because I know you care!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

God Bless you...kiddo.
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.
I'll pray for everything to go smoothly while you rid yourself of this stuff...........
I guess ''git er done'' is the attitude, so you can start making your vacation plans asap.

I'm thinking bout you...and we are a pretty good bunch here...we have a hot line to God!

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox
Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
mandy25
Super Ultra Member

I am so sorry! It does help sometimes to get your feelings out. I hope you know were always here for you to talk to anytime you need a friend. You will be in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us updated on how your doing. ((((((Hugs)))))) I know it has to be a difficult decision and I wish you the best of luck on everything.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

I will keep you in my prayers!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

Sorry to hear that you didn't get real good news! Just remember that you have the love and support of a lot of buddies, and we'll all be praying for you!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
mikee

Smile

Prayers Are Going Up From Here. Keep Believing For The Best Outcome.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
QueenAngie
Super Ultra Member

Lifting you up in prayer, my friend!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Oh, gosh! Can I be angry even if you are not?
Just so unfair...tomorrow, I will be inspired by your good attitude, but right now I am upset.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #9
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

Prayers coming from here
Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #10
engel
Super Ultra Member

Bless your heart! Prayers from here.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #11
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

You remain in my prayers. I'll certainly be thinking about you tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
Critter
Super Ultra Member

So sorry to hear this news. I hope God lifts you up and helps you with your decision. I am with you...You need to get better for your upcoming trip!!!! ((hugs))
Old 04-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #13
GNEE
Super Ultra Member

Thank you for sharing what you are going through and stressing the important reminder of regular mammograms.
I was very stubborn and foolish. I didn't get my first mammogram until I was 60 years old. That was 7 years ago. Don't you know, something showed up on it. I was frightened but determined to do whatever had to be done.
I had a biopsy and it was cancer. There was no lump that could be felt and it was in stage 1. I had a lumpectomy. All the margins were clean and there was nothing in the ducts.
I did 6 weeks of radiation. I did not have chemotherapy. I had to take a pill, Arimidex, for the next 5 plus years and actually just got off that in January. I feel great and have a yearly mammogram now.
I'm praying for you to have the strength and determination to lick this thing. You have found it in early stages and that's good. Take care.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
KJN
Super Ultra Member

We certainly do care about you. And we wish you all the best as you meet with the doctor on Monday. I'll pray that you will decide on which type of treatment and feel a knowledge that it is the best way to handle this. I'll also pray that your Branson trip goes on as planned. You have caught this early and that is such a good thing. I just know that you'll beat this. July 3 is our trip to Branson also so maybe I'll see you there. Thank you for sharing your news and giving us the opportunity to support you and keep you in our prayers.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
libraria
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNEE View Post
Thank you for sharing what you are going through and stressing the important reminder of regular mammograms.
I was very stubborn and foolish. I didn't get my first mammogram until I was 60 years old. That was 7 years ago. Don't you know, something showed up on it. I was frightened but determined to do whatever had to be done.
I had a biopsy and it was cancer. There was no lump that could be felt and it was in stage 1. I had a lumpectomy. All the margins were clean and there was nothing in the ducts.
I did 6 weeks of radiation. I did not have chemotherapy. I had to take a pill, Arimidex, for the next 5 plus years and actually just got off that in January. I feel great and have a yearly mammogram now.
I'm praying for you to have the strength and determination to lick this thing. You have found it in early stages and that's good. Take care.
Aren't you glad you did the mammogram? You reinforced my warning that IT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE A LUMP !!

Closed Thread