1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
taz

Grand Village?

What kind of things can you buy at Grand Village (I think that is what it is called). Is it pricey or reasonably priced? I know this last question can vary with everyone, what is pricey with one person may be reasonably priced to someone else. We will be in Branson November 11-14.

Thanks for any information.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
What kind of things can you buy at Grand Village (I think that is what it is called). Is it pricey or reasonably priced? I know this last question can vary with everyone, what is pricey with one person may be reasonably priced to someone else. We will be in Branson November 11-14.

Thanks for any information.
The Christmas store has tons of ornaments and other decor. From what I've seen, the prices are very reasonable.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Both, some things are reasonable to me, but some of it is expensive to me. You should be able to find a variety of prices.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:15 AM   #4
irishgirl
Ultra Member

I agree w/ Daytimer....there are some expensive things there, but also enough affordable things to keep me coming back. I haven't been in a couple of years, but this is what I remember from my last trip: there is a wonderful Christmas store that has just about every ornament that you can imagine. The store has 4-5 different rooms to look in, which is fun because it seems like each room has a different theme. The village also had a book store, not as big as the chain stores, but very quaint and fun to browse. There was a soap store where we bought several types of olive oil soap. There were several "art" type stores, selling sculptures, paintings, etc. I think there are a couple of clothing stores there too, but I didn't go into those, so can't give any feedback. My favorite store there is called Mulberry Mill. My husband calls it a "girly" store. They sell all kinds of stuff, from clothing to home decor to gourmet food products. I could spend hours in that store. IMO, Grand Village is worth stopping and taking a couple of hours to walk through. I think if you google "Grand Village Branson Mo", a link to the village and all of the stores will come up. As far as prices, I think we only paid a couple of dollars for each bar of handmade soap that we bought and they lasted a long time. The bookstore's prices were the same as you would expect at other bookstores. I've bought several things at Mulberry Mill as gifts/souvenirs and they only cost $5-$10.

Last edited by irishgirl; 10-17-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
Sheri Weaver

I've always enjoyed shopping at the Grande Village Shoppes. There's something for everyone and I feel prices are in line as the shoppes have very nice quality items. It's worth the stop and the way the shoppes are located it does not take long to walk around and see everything. If you have a husband (or wife!) who does not want to shop there are plenty of places to sit and watch people! Can get pretty chilly however this time of year sitting outside people watching!

Last edited by Sheri Weaver; 10-17-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I really like shopping at Grand Village.

I find items there that I don't see in any other places. They have a wide variety of stores so, there is something for everyone.

Their Christmas store has more items than you can imagine. No matter what your Christmas theme is, they would have something to fit in to your decorating. It could bee 100 degrees outside and, once you walk into their huge store, you are in a Christmas mood.

Hard Luck Diner is great for a snack while you are shopping. The servers entertain you and make you feel just like you should feel on vacation--very special.

Prices vary from store to store and I think, for the quality of merchandise they have, the prices are very much in line with other stores of their type.

Don't miss Grand Village. You will reallt enjoy it.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 10-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Helweg Art Glass is there, too, and they have some beautiful gift items at various prices. I have bought two beautiful art glass necklaces there and have gotten SO many compliments on them. Great store!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
MRC 81's Mom
Super Ultra Member

I like going to the Grand Village. I love the Christmas Shop, so many pretty things in there. I like to walk around out there at Christmas time its so pretty.I collect Coke stuff and I like to look at the coke stuff out there also.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
rdsh

Grand Village

I agree. Do not miss the Grand Village.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
nannac
Super Ultra Member

I just found the Grand Village shops on our last visit. I loved one that was there, but cannot remember the name of it now. It was _________mills??? Anyone know? I bought a cute purse there for a reasonable price.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #11
rdsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannac View Post
I just found the Grand Village shops on our last visit. I loved one that was there, but cannot remember the name of it now. It was _________mills??? Anyone know? I bought a cute purse there for a reasonable price.
Mulberry Mill It's one of my favorites.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #12
CHURCHSECRETARY

Grand Village is a great place to shop. I love Mulberry Mills and Helwig's Art Glass. I have purchased wonderful gifts and Mulberry and have several of the glass necklaces from Helwig's. Wonderful Christmas store. I spend several hours shopping at the Grand Village every time I'm in Branson.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #13
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Mulberry Mills has items that I have never seen in other stores in or out of Branson.

Great gift giving ideas for people who have everything. Is one of those shops you could browse in for hours.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Did some shopping this weekend at Grand Village.

They have such a variety of gift ideas in all the stores. Had looked here in KC for an ornament for my board buddy and couldn't find anything in her colors that I really liked. Walked into the Christmas Store and there it was. Just waiting for me. They have everything in that store. I think each year they have more things than the year before. Just love to go in there and browse.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Okies

LOVE Grand Village! We always have to stop & shop here! I love Helwigs Jewelry, and always get compliments on everything I've ever bought there. Reasonably priced too!
Grand Village is beautiful at Xmas with all the lights. Great photo ops too (big rocking chair!), and the beautiful landscaping.
Mel's Hard Luck Diner is a "don't miss" place as well! So, so fun to eat at! Sugar Leaf Bakery down on the other end is also good for sandwiches and desserts.
A little bit of something for everyone at Grand Village! Don't miss it!
We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over. - Samuel Johnson"

Closed Thread