1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
annemarie5

So has anyone stayed at Castle Rock yet?

From their website it looks like they are open finally! Is the waterpark any bigger/nicer than Grand Country? My kids did enjoy GC but their rooms are so small, we really need two rooms there. Castle rock lists a room with two beds and bunks which would be perfect for us....
Anne
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

I am surprised one of these hasn't been built in Branson, although it would be priciest place in town:

http://www.greatwolf.com/
Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

http://www.castlerockbranson.com/

Acording to the website, only the hotel is open. The waterpark is scheduled for the grand opening in Nov. However, when looking further into the site, the waterpark is said to maybe opening in mid Oct.
I pulled up some rates for late Nov for a 1 king suite with kids bunks in the tower attached to the waterpark $159 a night.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
Branson Queen
Ultra Member

Wow! You would have to plan to use the waterpark quite a bit for that price.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
annemarie5

[QUOTE=lucyann;375389]http://www.castlerockbranson.com/

Acording to the website, only the hotel is open. The waterpark is scheduled for the grand opening in Nov. However, when looking further into the site, the waterpark is said to maybe opening in mid Oct.
I pulled up some rates for late Nov for a 1 king suite with kids bunks in the tower attached to the waterpark $159 a night.
[/QUOTE

Pricey yes...but they list a Sunday night special for $99 including four passes, which would be great for us if we didn't have the teens with us. We are considering coming a night or two for fall break and could have did a Sunday. If the water park was nice I would probably pay the 159, for six of us to get into most water parks it's about $25 a person, soooo, it's like having the hotel for free! I just have to plan it as our 'major activity', not a quick swim after a day of spending $$ elsewhere

I hear Great Wolf is really nice, but everytime we've checked it would have been around $300 a night for us! Maybe I'll catch a special at one of them soon
Thanks for your help
Anne
Old 10-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
alncindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJoe View Post
I am surprised one of these hasn't been built in Branson, although it would be priciest place in town:

http://www.greatwolf.com/
We go to the Wisconsin Dells at least once a year and the Great wolf lodge is great. But, to build one of them in Branson I think it would die a slow death because of how pricy it is. Most times you are going to pay 200.00 to 300.00 a night. That is just not the price people want to pay or can afford when you go to Branson. They do run monthly special for 99.00 a night but unless you call early they only have a few rooms at that price. It is just ridiculous what they charge. I will be watching to see just how good castle rock does with there pricing.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Calanna

I just called Castle Rock on Tuesday (10/07) to make reservations. We will be spending two nights there for Thanksgiving (11/26 and 11/27). When I called to make the reservations, I was told that they still don't have a firm opening date for the Waterpark, although she said she was certain that it would be open for our visit on Thanksgiving. She said they've had several delays and keep pushing back the grand opening.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calanna View Post
I just called Castle Rock on Tuesday (10/07) to make reservations. We will be spending two nights there for Thanksgiving (11/26 and 11/27). When I called to make the reservations, I was told that they still don't have a firm opening date for the Waterpark, although she said she was certain that it would be open for our visit on Thanksgiving. She said they've had several delays and keep pushing back the grand opening.

I think that's the understatement of the year - wasn't it origionally suppose to be open in Spring of 06?
Old 10-12-2008, 07:33 AM   #9
Janet89

From the looks of the website, I'm not too impressed. It doesn't look like the waterpark offers alot. Maybe I'm comparing too much to Great Wolf. I would definately be interested in reviews.

Closed Thread