1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Do You Own A Condo/House in Branson?

Do you live in it year round or is it only for vacations several times a year?
Is owning a Condo a better idea than a timeshare?
What is your opinion?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
LatteCoffeeCo

My Vote

I own a house in Branson that I live in year round. I have a great view of the Chateau and get to see the amazing fireworks anytime they shoot off from my front yard.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteCoffeeCo View Post
I own a house in Branson that I live in year round. I have a great view of the Chateau and get to see the amazing fireworks anytime they shoot off from my front yard.
That's pretty cool!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

My husband has some customers that own condos in Branson (timeshares, too). That's our dream, but I think we'll just wait until the kids are a bit older and then make it our full time home, rather than trying to do 2 homes at once.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #5
nannac
Super Ultra Member

We own a week at a timeshare in Branson. One week is not enough in my opinion. I would like to have a vacation home there, that I could rent out, and then stay in it whenever I wanted. That is just a dream for now.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #6
jbzmom

I own condos, for both renting out and for personal staying.

I don't feel like debating, so this is just my opinion, I have never seen how timeshares would personally save me money. Please if you have one, don't try to tell me how it would.

Owning and timeshare are 2 different things, so it depends on what you want to use it for. If you go and can stay more than a couple of days at a time and go often, then buy.

My parents are in NW AR and retired and they go stay about 3 weeks at a time and then go back to AR. They go stay during their favorite SDC festivals and nice weather times. They don't go much in the summer.

I have an Aunt who owns a condo at Pointe Royale and she has them take care of it and puts it on nightly rental. Then when she or her kids and their family wants to stay in it, she just puts in a call and tells them not to rent it for those days.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

IF my "ship ever comes in" I want to buy a condo in Branson. We do own a membership in Treasure Lake RV Resort, and we love it. We come to Branson at least once a month from mid-March to early December.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

I hope this doesn't appear twice on the site, because I clicked something wrong in the preview screen. Anyway, I'd love to have a property in Branson. Wish it could be a home with a garage so a vehicle could stay there all the time, but a condo would likely be the best because of maintenance issues if I wasn't there for an extended time. I know condos have garages, but I could buy more house for less money with more garage. Anyway, I would like to know from someone who owns a condo and has it on a rental program, just how successful that is. Do you really make enough money from rentals to defray the monthly expenses, which I think would likely run at least $500 per without a mortgage payment? If I did own something there it would be great if I didn't have to do the rental program thing, then I could leave personal items there all the time and eliminate some of the packign necessary to travel there. I best stop typing now and send this one before I lose it too.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
jbzmom

I have done condos different ways. Sometimes I will leave one open just for family to visit. Others I have rented nightly and others have been long term rentals. If I have to rent it I prefer the long time rentals. I have an Aunt who owns and she prefers the nightly.

I am not going to say the word successful, I think it is more luck I have. I have been very lucky and alway had good renters in mine and yes I definately come out ahead. I don't think I would do it to make money, but as an investment or if you need an investment for your taxes it is great. I have made more each month than what my payments have been.

It is hit or miss on how "lucky" you will be. You will find that renters will start requesting your condo on return visits if they like it. For them to like doesn't always mean the decor, it is the location also and everyone likes something totally different-golf course view, lake view, near swimming pool.

All of the ones I own are and have been in Pointe Royale.

I hope this answers what you were asking.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
aal75e

rental houses

I own two houses here. One I live in, and one we rent to an entertainer. My mom lives in Colorado and has considered buying a home or two here as well becasue they are easy to put up for rent on long-term leases. A lot of the entertainers want to live in an actual home and not a condo, but don't neccessarily know if they will be employed long term. I guess this could be seen as a negative in that you would constantly have new tenants, so you would hopefully find someone with some longevity in this town. We also live next door so we can be sure they are taking care of the place like it should be too.

My family has a 1 week time share at Stone Bridge that was bought for nothing a long time ago when it was first being developed. The week that we own is the week of Christmas. This way when my huge family comes, several of them get to stay out there and have their own space and privacy. This year, no one came for Christmas so they gave it to someone else.

If I had the means, I would buy several homes and do what we're doing with our second one!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #11
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Talking Branch Davidians

My brother and I have humble residences, but it's my parent's who are the lucky ones! They live on 55 acres right in the heart of Branson. It's a state protected tree farm located directly behind the Branson Intermediate school on James Epps road.

We've lived there even before the school, K-Mart, Country Mart, McDonalds, Ozark Mountain Bank, etc. even existed. Back when all that land off Highway 248 was just cow pasture.

Our friends refer to the place as the "Gerken Compound" because it consists of several buildings, including a large home, six car garage and huge metal storage facility. Other features include a seven acre pasture (flat as a pancake), pond, 1900's log homestead, old 1930's car, numerous ATV and Jeep trails, hunter's tree stand and shooting range.

The place also serves as a refuge for wildlife, due to massive city development on all four sides of the property. On any given day you will see plenty of deer, turkey and coyotes!

Several offers have been made on the property for commercial development, but our family will NEVER sell that land.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #12
beachcomber2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfuture View Post
My brother and I have humble residences, but it's my parent's who are the lucky ones! They live on 55 acres right in the heart of Branson. It's a state protected tree farm located directly behind the Branson Intermediate school on James Epps road.

We've lived there even before the school, K-Mart, Country Mart, McDonalds, Ozark Mountain Bank, etc. even existed. Back when all that land off Highway 248 was just cow pasture.

Our friends refer to the place as the "Gerken Compound" because it consists of several buildings, including a large home, six car garage and huge metal storage facility. Other features include a seven acre pasture (flat as a pancake), pond, 1900's log homestead, old 1930's car, numerous ATV and Jeep trails, hunter's tree stand and shooting range.

The place also serves as a refuge for wildlife, due to massive city development on all four sides of the property. On any given day you will see plenty of deer, turkey and coyotes!

Several offers have been made on the property for commercial development, but our family will NEVER sell that land.
If the price is right;everything is for sell.
Honestly though,I looked at the property you mentioned, at google earth.Priceless, you describe that tract of land.Curious how much is enough?
60 million,120 million.

Last edited by beachcomber2007; 01-11-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: stupidity
Old 01-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #13
kidfuture
Broker / Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber2007 View Post
If the price is right;everything is for sell.
Honestly though,I looked at the property you mentioned, at google earth.Priceless, you describe that tract of land.Curious how much is enough?
60 million,120 million.
Sure I suppose everything's for sale; at least in theory. But the enjoyment of living there holds far greater meaning. To us, that's what has become "priceless". Not to mention the blood, sweat and tears we've put into the land, memories created, even our childhood dogs buried there.

We love Branson, so where could we find a more convenient, private location? The property isn't annexed into the city and it's one of the few properties still inside Branson considered county. As Branson continues to grow, that will continue to be a challenge along with possible eminent domain.

As of now, neither my brother nor I plan on having children, so I don't know what the possibilities could be in another 20-30 years. And as much as $60 million sounds enticing, we're not flashy folks and prefer a family homestead over mansions and Leer jets.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #14
beachcomber2007
Banned

I was just joking.You must have been very blessed, to grow up in such beautiful piece of land.I bet you have seen alot of change in Branson over the years.Money doesn't equate to happiness,something I think you already know.Somethings are just priceless, and aren't for sale.

Last edited by beachcomber2007; 01-15-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #15
QueenAngie
Super Ultra Member

Kid, sounds like a great place for a kid to grow up and have fun.

If and when you or your brother have kids, having that same
ideal childhood for them is just great!

Don't ever sell it.

Closed Thread