1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:59 PM   #1
catyshak
Ultra Member

Branson Day 4

To start off the morning, we went to Mc Farlain's for breakfast, we went alittle later than usual, so it wasn't real busy. Food and service were good as usual, we've never had a bad experience there.

Then we went to church, oops I mean Smoke On The Mountain, what a fun show, reminded me of some of the people I knew growing up! The gal that did the sound effects for the music and the signing for the deaf was especially funny. They had a big crowd, pretty much a sold out house.

Our afternoon show was Gary Lewis and the Playboys, it is a great show, brought back alot of memories. I absolutely LOVE 50's & 60's rock & roll and know the words to most of the more popular songs. As stated by someone earlier, it is an hour and one half long show, but there is no intermission, so I felt we more than got our moneys worth. After the show we spent quite a bit of time strolling thru the 57 museum, what beautiful cars, all perfectly restored. As street rodders, we know how much work it takes to restore a car. I really enjoyed looking at some of the clothing and household stuff they had. I remember my mom having some of it (I was only 10)

We had dinner at the American Bandstand Grill, food and service were both great, portions were fairly large, hamburgers were all half pound.
Our evening show was Original Stars of Bandstand, What a Show!!!
We absolutely loved it, all the entertainers did a great job, and seemed to be really enjoying themselves. We especially enjoyed seeing Bobby Vee in person, I have always loved his music and he didn't disappoint. He sang all my favorites! After the show all of the performers were in the lobby, signing autographs and taking pictures with anyone who asked. We had a chance to visit with Bobby and his son Jeffery who plays the drums. Sound like they ar planning a big New Years Eve party, gee I wonder if I can talk DH into making another trip.

Better get to sleep, got Yakov at 9:30
Old 10-31-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

THANKS CATYSHAK FOR POSTING EACH DAY. LOOKS LIKE THING ARE GOING VERY GOOD FOR YOU. GREAT REVIEWS.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:01 AM   #3
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

sounds like way more fun than I had yesterday working.....trick or treaters were cute.. we had around 200 or so..ran out of candy..Had and ice chest full when we started...
Old 11-01-2006, 06:08 AM   #4
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

So glad yall are having a great time!!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #5
Double Mom
Packer Fan

What a fun day you had! Hope tomorrow is another good one for you.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
brn eyed girl

I have seen all the shows at American Bandstand Theater. Isn't it a great addition to Branson! Hope they can bring more acts from that era in. Even though I wasn't born until '58 I loved the car museum too. It still brought back memories. And the music that played in our house as I was growing up. We also got a kick out of visiting with Bobby Vee since he's from Fargo! Thanks for posting your reviews!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I sure am enjoying your daily reviews!
And I agree about The American Bandstand Grill and Bobby Vee, too.

Closed Thread