1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Debbm85

Branson Belle or Dixie Stampede

My husband and my 3 girls (9, 7, 5) will be going to Branson at the end of July for 4 nights and 5 days. We want a fun and relaxing trip. We really don't want to spend alot of our time waiting in lines and traffic and being pressed for time to see a lot of shows. We want to spend time at our hotel pool, do a little shopping, eat some good food, spend time at our hotel pool, see maybe 1 or 2 shows ???, ride the go carts, spend time at our pool...you get the idea! FUN AND RELAXING!!!! If we go to a show which do you recommend for our girls - Branson Belle or Dixie Stampede? If we do the Branson Belle, which cruise is best? Also, my girls love the Beatles. (They know most of their songs) Is the Liverpool Legends a good show and how much are tickets? Also, what about the Pet Comedy Theatre? Thanks in advance for your advice. This website is awesome!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
Branson Bluesman
Banned

I would recommend the Branson Belle over Dixie Stampede. Less traffic to deal with, and if you want to relax, the Branson Belle is the way to go.
And...Liverpool Legends would be an excellent choice. It's the best Beatles tribute show I've ever seen.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 AM   #3
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Ditto on the Belle...
I have read mixed reviews on the stampede....
Old 06-15-2006, 05:25 AM   #4
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here so I would have to say the Dixie Stampede. To be fair I have never went on the Belle. We have seen Dixie 5 times and could see it again and again. Our kids love it. I guess it depends on if your kids are more action oriented and animal oriented.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:52 AM   #5
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

My youngest loves the horses at Dixie Stampede, so we've seen it 3 times in 4 years. We're going to see Belle for the first time in 2 weeks, but traffic would be easier for it. If you choose to do Belle, try to go to an afternoon/evening show rather than the lunch cruise so that you can see Todd Oliver and his talking dogs.

Have fun!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:16 AM   #6
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

Branson Belle dinner show. They'll love the talking dogs. We went last year for the first time, and are going again this year.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #7
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

My thoughts

I have seen Dixie and the Belle many times. I enjoy them both. I think the kids would have a great time no matter the choice. I personally like Dixie, but Todd Oliver and his dogs at the Belle are too funny.

I loved Comedy Pet Theatre. Think the kids would to.

I have not seen Liverpool, but it is getting great reviews on this board.

Here are links to reviews and pics I have of:

Dixie: http://www.bransoncritic.org/heath-h...mpede-2006.htm

Comedy Pet: http://www.bransoncritic.org/Heath_H...et_theatre.htm

Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #8
OkieAnon

with the age of the kids, i'd choose the Stampede.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #9
cwd

We are going to the Dixie Stampede at the end of July with our 3 boys. My wife and I have done the Dixie Stampede and know that the boys will enjoy that. I am sure the Belle is great and we plan to do that in December.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #10
lsheagney
Ultra Member

I think either one would be a good choice.

My personal preference would be the Branson Belle. Especially if you are looking for total relaxation. I found the Stampede to be kind of nerve wracking when I went. Lots of audience participation was required and you were pushed into getting up and rooting for the North or South etc. My grandchildren were 6 and 7 at that time and they thought the Stampede was OK but were really not all that excited about it. They have always loved the Branson Belle.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:31 AM   #11
maryinecho
momof2

I think either choice would be great as they are around the same price and you get a meal at both. We went to Dixie last summer and my kids enjoyed it. We have never been on the Belle but have reservations for the 1st week of July. Dixie Stampede is a unique experience. Good luck on your choice. I don't think you could go wrong on either choice.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:55 AM   #12
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I've been to both and enjoyed both very much. But with your 3 girls, I'd choose Dixie Stampede. The Branson Belle might be relaxing for you and your hubby, but could be "too relaxing" for the girls.

A year or so ago, I took 3 girls ages 3, 5 and 7 at the time to Branson, and they absolutely loved both Dixie Stampede and the Comedy Pet Theater. I realize the 9 year old is a bit older, but 2 of your girls are the ages of the ones that I took.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #13
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

considering the "kid factor"....my vote would be Dixie Stampede....

Closed Thread