1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

Prayers answered / Prayers needed

A couple of weeks ago my cousin was told by a doctor that she might have cancer. There was a tumor on her leg. Out of fear, watching her mom, my mom and our grandma die from cancer she kept putting off going to the hospital for a biopsy. She finally did it last week and when the results came back yesterday. It was great news, no cancer and they were able to remove the entire tumor. This is how prayers were answered.

Now I would like you to pray for my stepmom and her younger brother. Her brother just had a stroke and is paralyzed down the left hand side of his body. He has use of two fingers on his left hand but other than at nothing.

It seems that when something good happens something bad happens.

One example of when something bad happens something good happens. A couple of months ago, my uncle, who has always treated his family including me like we were not even worth living. Well, he was injured severely at his job and almost died since then he has been nice to my dad and their other brother. My dad keeps telling me I need to talk to him, but I have seen this "act" before from my uncle. He gets real sick then becomes a seemingly nice guy, but after a while he becomes himself again. He spread a bunch of lies on me when I was in college. I can't bring myself to forgive him for what he said to my mom and others around town about me. Should I give him the benefit of the doubt and try to be polite, or should I just keep my distance? I am so worried that if he turns back, what it would do to my daddy.

Keep me in your prayers for me to make the right decisions. Thanks
Old 12-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

I believe I would be inclined to give him still another chance, but I don't know him, so it's easy for me to say. How would you feel if he died tomorrow? Only you can make this hard decision, but I'll send up a prayer for guidance for you. Keep us posted!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:03 AM   #3
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Great news about your cousin! I will be putting them and your other family in my prayers.

Now...as for the Uncle...I have been thru a similar situation...and my advice would be to very cautiously give him another chance. If you approach it that way, and he goes back to his "old self", which seems highly likely, you may not be as hurt. As far as your Dad...it looks like maybe he has already given him another chance...so maybe your hands are tied there. If your Uncle hurts him again, at least he will have you to stand by him.

I'll be sure to pray for you too, Gina.....there is not much worse to me than "family trouble" to deal with, and be hurt by. Been there...done that, MANY times.

Good luck in your decision.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I Pray for you kiddo.......and Divine guidence.

So happy to hear the good news tho...........PRAYER is powerful

Forgiveness comes from the Lord........tolerance is yours......
Old 12-04-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

Wonderful news about your cousin....I will keep you,your stepmother and her brother in my prayers. I will also pray for guidance in the situation with your uncle. Take care and look up to God.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:51 AM   #6
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

Thank you all I really appreciate all the well wishes and prayers

Closed Thread