1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
Jerm
Super Ultra Member

REVIEW: Dixie Stampede Dinner and Show - Dixie Stampede Review

Well I am back and I had a great time at the Dixie Stampede. There were 9 of us total that went. Four in our party took small children from the second grade child on down to the children not even thinking about school yet, LOL! Everyone had a great time. We went to the 5:30 show. We missed the pre-show but was told by a very nice employee that if we wished to see the pre-show we could stay after the main show and see the pre-show for the 8:00 show. I've been to this show a couple of times before and have enjoyed it each time. This time there were some changes in the show for those of us who like to see something different and want an excuse to go back and see it again, LOL! There were buffalo which was a new element from last year's show, a comedian that interacted with the audience that I don't remember from the last time I was there, and you can see Dolly Parton on the big screen singing the patriotic song to close the show. There are many different types of animals in this show from buffalo, racing pigs, horses, etc. The show is not all about tricks with the animals and such. There is also some singing and dancing to go along with it all. The show also included beautiful costumes and sets. One of the set pieces even has dancing water in it. I also really enjoyed the costumes that had lights on them. Now about the food. Every time I've been to this show I've felt that the food has been top notch. You get to eat with your fingers which the children in our party really enjoyed. You can find the menu on the Dixie Stampede website. If I wasn't such a pig and ate everything in front of me I could have requested a "horsey bag" to bring the leftovers home with me. So if you have small children and you worry about them not being able to finish their food you can always bring it home with you. Your server will bring around the bags toward the end of the show. Also I have read where some people were concerned about seating. Three out of the 4 that had children held them in their laps and they didn't seem to mind it. The second grader sat in his own seat. I am not sure if small children could see all of the action sitting in their own seat but then again I guess they could stand up in their seat if they wanted to. We sat in the very last row at the top and we could still see everything beautifully. The very top row is bench style seating and the entry way into those bench seats can be a killer. You have to kind of squeeze in. But, you can always blame that on your children as well. You can tell everyone that you had a hard time getting your kids in and out of there.

Last edited by Jerm; 04-09-2005 at 10:49 AM.

Closed Thread