1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 07:44 AM   #1
OkieAnon

grand village

anybody else leave a little unimpressed this year with the Village?

one or two places like the Leather store were missing... lot of things moved, some that were in bigger areas moved to smaller ones... things seemed packed in till you couldn't look at them.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

YUP.....

We just made a shortcut through there, to see that the line at the restaurant was around the block...

The Village appears junky.....hate to use that word, but...it's not the same as it used to be.......

Of course, it could just be me....when you get to a certain age, , its hard to remember the way things used to be......

Might be, I should ask our infamous octogenarian?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:13 PM   #3
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

I really hate to hear that about the Village. I enjoy going there and looking around.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 PM   #4
OkieAnon

used to be a red white and blue patriotic type store... didn't see it.
used to be a leather store that had some pretty good deals on jackets and belts... didn't see it

was a combo, type garden yard deco and gift shop in one large building... now their split into two smaller one and things are really cramped.

wood carving shop that was in a smaller place, is now in the bigger spot where the garden-gift store was. didn't even go in, last time I looked at their things everything was out of my price range.

was there twice (had to check the toy store as we were leaving) couple of days apart... both times some guy dressed like John Wayne was standing outside the book store, trying to sell autographed books... didn't see anyone getting overly interested in the book... but he got his picture taken several times.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
Bransonfan
Super Ultra Member

Didn't go to the Village either trip this year. Is the Thomas Kincaid gallery still there?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
fritzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bransonfan
Didn't go to the Village either trip this year. Is the Thomas Kincaid gallery still there?
Yes it is still there.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #7
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

They did put a dog and cat store back in -- where the Bear store was across from the Kinkade gallery.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:30 PM   #8
shadow
NASCAR junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBeason
They did put a dog and cat store back in -- where the Bear store was across from the Kinkade gallery.
Yeah, but is 95% dog stuff. The cats get a real small corner of the store.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #9
cardor

I sure hope that the Coke shop is still open. Really do enjoy shopping in there.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:48 PM   #10
Kentucky Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Yeah, but is 95% dog stuff. The cats get a real small corner of the store.
It seems like every dog and cat store I go in, there is always more dog stuff!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:38 AM   #11
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

We just need to tell them to get more Cat stuff in. The coke store is still open although they have a limited amount of coke stuff in there. They have tried to open it more to the whole "50-60's" stuff which of course Coke is a major part. We enjoyed it in there and Sis got a combination salt shaker/pepper grinder there (coke bottle) for about $13.00. Was on their clearance table out front. I found another one at the Red Roof Mall but it was $20.00. So she really got a bargain.

Vickie
Old 08-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #12
OkieAnon

in case you missed it there's a store up by the Hard Luck Diner that has a shelf with a lot of SDC jellies and jams..... beats pack'n that stuff out of SDC after a long day in there.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:02 PM   #13
Jalva2
Super Ultra Member

The Village is a must-stop for my family every time we're in Branson (which averages twice a year). In my experience, there have been continual changes there from year to year. Usually small, this year somewhat larger. The new woodcarving area is Engler's, I believe. You can see him occasionally out front doing his work. That is very interesting, but as Okieanon said, the store is far, far too expensive. The red, white and blue store was swallowed up by the Kringles expansion a few years back. I think they are trying desperately to offer what they see as current trends. Christmas items are huge, so Kringles and the Christmas village stores now take up almost a quarter of the whole Village. It seems to me like the 50's-60's theme is getting very popular in Branson now, and that's a natural fit with the Coke store. The dog and cat store re-addition was welcomed by my bunch, but it is still not as good as the Reigning Cats & Dogs store that was originally in the Village (by the way, Reigning is now over at the Engler Block mall).

We absolutely love the Village and were honestly not disappointed by what we saw there. The grounds seemed neat and well-maintained when we were there in June and July, landscaping was still beautiful. Bathrooms were very clean and well-stocked. It has always been more of a place to browse than buy for us, though (well, except for the toy store )
Old 08-25-2004, 12:05 PM   #14
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

Is there any coca - cola polar bear stuff at the coca cola store? (Hubby collects them) I collect Carousel Horses and unicorns. Are there any good stores for Carousels or Unicorn collectibles at the Village? We haven't been there in a couple of years. Thanks
Old 08-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #15
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

They do have some coca cola bear stuff, just not too much of it. Have more of the "diner" stuff. Do have a several pieces of Betty Boop coke stuff though.

Closed Thread