1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Dining Suggestions

Let's start a thread here for those day-trippers and those planning trips to Eureka Springs for various things to do and places to go. OK -- Dining -- I strongly recommend the Crystal Dining Room at the Crescent Hotel, 2 Hobo's BBQ and DeVito's Italian.

Fudge -- can't beat Two Dumb Dames Fudge Factory.

Anyone else have an addition?
Old 02-25-2003, 10:59 PM   #2
Eureka Spgs Mag

Yes the restaurant you are thinking of IS "Ozark Village Restaurant" which is owned by the Simon family. They are SO good to us Eurekans--that once a year, they open the doors to everyone in town and feed us all FOR FREE!!! Where else can you feel such at home?
You are correct that 2 Hobos is closed. But right across the street is one of my favorite places. It is a little ice cream shoped owned by a husband and wife. He takes the orders and waits on us, and she is in the kitchen makin the food. Great Chili Pie and sandwiches. Its the people at places like this that make me go back for more and more.
Another great place is Basin Park downtown---yes the place that has the first discoved spring in Eureka. My girlfriend and I stop by Subway and get our sandwiches, then go eat them in the park. We love the entertainment of all the people around us. Shoppers, artists, tourists, locals. People from everywhere. Just a great relaxing area.
My friend also loves a place in Pine Mountain Village called "Beans and Cornbread" He eats there every month when his family comes to visit.
Also downtown is a great little place called the Sidewalk Cafe. Another husband and wife team make Louisiana Style Cousine. Got to try it out
Old 02-25-2003, 11:03 PM   #3
Eureka Spgs Mag

to the country fan 99

I was in Eureka 2 weeks ago and i beilve that what i am about to tell you is correct--there used to be a restaurant in town called "Granny's" About halfway between the two country music shows. I belive I saw a new sign on the building that said "Crest" So, maybe you won't have to go out west on "those curvy roads" anymore. I;ll know for sure when I move back for good on the fifth of March
Old 02-26-2003, 08:02 AM   #4
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Sorry to hear about Two Hobo's.

When they first opened, we discovered them by accident. My girlfriend and I were in Eureka for the day and found them. We started to strike up a conversation and they came out and talked to us while we ate -- we were joking that we would come work for them for "room and ribs".

Oh well -- at least the other places are still there and still good.

My boss loves the Dairy Hollow B&B. Is that still open?
Old 02-28-2003, 04:58 PM   #5
JJD

Thumbs up Great Place for lunch

If you're in the mood for a light lunch , the place to go is Myrtie Maes. They always have 2 homemade soups and 2 or more types of homemade muffins and a wonderful salad bar. I believe the price is around $ 12.00 for two people. I always make that my lunch stop when I'm in town. It was recommended by a local at Razorback Gifts (also another neat place to visit!!)

KAT
Old 02-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #6
Eureka Spgs Mag

If you go to Mertie Maye's on Sunday, come hungry!! They have got the best Sunday buffet in the WORLD!!! Everything you can imagine, and then more. My favorite part is the guy you makes fresh omlets right in front of you. You simply pick out any ingrediant you want, and 3 minutes later, you have a perfect omlet made EGGactly how you want it.
Yes, the Razorback gift shop is a very neat "Arkansas" style shop. The guy who owns it also owns the two observation towers in town. He also bought the Old Le Roi Hotel next to Harts grocery. He tore it down, which improves the look of the area, and will soon have another shopping area up and open there. Can't wait to see what he stocks at this new location.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:32 AM   #7
OkieAnon

used to go to E spings all the time, have stopped over in a long time, have drove through a few times though.

was wondering if this restaurant is still there, may of already been mentioned, I just can't remember the name. was a barbecue restaurant, it was located somewhere between the music shows and the turn in to the Passion Play close maybe to the funspot (?), not a real big building, when we were there they didn't have individual tables but rather long rows of tables like a cafeteria, nothing fancy, but they sure did have some good barbecue at that time.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:37 PM   #8
Bransonfan
Super Ultra Member

I am sorry to hear that the 2 Hobo's BBQ is gone. I really loved the ribs. Had Pizza at Micelli's and it was great. Is the Ozark Village Restaurant across the road from The Land Of Nod Motel? We stayed at The Land Of Nod and ate at a bufet right across the road and it seems to me it was sort of a barn like building. The food was very good but the name escapes me.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:00 AM   #9
Eureka Spgs Mag

OkieAnon- soory but I am not sure where this BBQ cafeteria type place was. Will do some searching into this.

Bransonfan-yep- you got the right place that was mentioned earlier, The Ozark Village Rest. right across from the Land O' Nod at the intersecio of 62 and 23 S.

If you like good pizza, I LOVE Sonny's award winning pizza. They are downtown and have a onderful Chicken Parmegeon Pizza. Also, Forest Hill makes great pizzas that they cook in a wood-burning oven.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:44 PM   #10
Churchdeacon

Local Flavor is the best

My wife and I have eaten there twice.

Fantastic Prime Rib and great atmosphere.

Eureka Springs is a wonderfull place to visit.

Closed Thread