1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Allison Krauss and Union Station in Eureka Springs

I heard that AKUS is going to appear in Eureka Springs mid-April.
Anyone have any info of this?
Please
Old 02-21-2003, 11:17 PM   #2
Eureka Spgs Mag

Correct!!

They will both be at the Eureka Auditorium. The two girls that work there, Robyn and Pearl, are doing a wonderful job bringing headliners into our small little town.
Our City Advertising and Promotion Commision does not want to do ANYTHING to promote our existing attractions, such as the wonderful live shows, haunted tours, caves, virtual reality, animal parks, etc. So as long as they are under that mindset, they will continue to spend all the tax money collected from the attractions to pay for these one-time events.
Does this make sense to anyone?
Old 02-22-2003, 07:53 AM   #3
Michael

I am very impressed with the talent Eureka is getting! I can't wait for Keb'Mo, he is great! His name is really Kevin Moore but use's Keb'Mo as a stage name, a really talented blues entertainer!
Old 02-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

You DID post this info a few days ago, IcraveBranson.
I'm sorry I didn't catch it before I posted.
Thanks for being on top of things.
Suse
Old 02-22-2003, 07:36 PM   #5
ggh
Super User

What do the tickets run for this concert?
Old 02-22-2003, 08:57 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

I do believe I'll pass
Old 02-22-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
Eureka Spgs Mag

Yes, Betty, you are correct

The City Advertising Commision does exectly what you said. Not only do they do it with these high priced shows at the Auditorium (Bil Cosby was $100 a ticket), but also with the Weekend events--Car shows, Special Music Weekends (Blues Week, Folk Week, Jazz Week) and Craft Fairs.
Yes, these event are GREAT for food establishments and lodging, but horrible for all other business in town such as attractions and shops. Heres why:
There are only so many hotel rooms, Cabins, Bed and Breakfasts. When all these rooms are booked up one year in advance (as the repeat attendees do) there are NO roms left for regular tourists. That leaves no one in the town to spend money at the attractions and shops. But us attractions and shops keep having to give the City our 2% collection, so they can promote our direct distruction.
I was discussing this problem with one of the nightly music shows in town (who has been in Eureka for over 20yrs), and they even said that the City makes it so it is not even worth being open on the nights that the City has special concerts or weekends planned.
I believe that the City should spend the money collected BY the Attractions ON THE ATTRACTIONS, who have made Eureka their home, instead of one-night attractions passing through town.

Closed Thread