1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
Connie

Advice Needed

Will be Branson on July 14-19. Plan to see Creedance Clearwater Tribute; Southern Rock Tribute; Waylon, Willie and the boys. Any comments would be appreciated. Am looking for another show with good singing and a comedian...not Presleys or Baldknobbers. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Will be Branson on July 14-19. Plan to see Creedance Clearwater Tribute; Southern Rock Tribute; Waylon, Willie and the boys. Any comments would be appreciated. Am looking for another show with good singing and a comedian...not Presleys or Baldknobbers. Thank you!
I would suggest Grand Jubilee at the Grand Country Music Hall.

The singing is absolutely the best in Branson and Jamie and Mike will keep you laughing.

Have a wonderful time.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 06-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Clay Cooper's Country Express. Very much the type of music you seem to be interested in. Classic rock, Southern rock, and outlaw country. With a smattering of old country, and current hits. No actual comean, but some great comedy from Matt Gum, and Clay. Clay's people skills with the audience makes for much better comedy than somebody dressed up like a hillbilly telling 40 year old, stale jokes anyway.
Awesome live band, talented singers and dancers, and a stage overflowing with exciting entertainment.
The other, and another 'must see" sharing the same theater, The Haygoods. Unbelievable taent, and energy in a very contemporary, modern show. Again, lots of great music in similar genres as Clay's show. You won't be sorry seeing either, buti I suggest you find time to see both!
Old 06-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
OkieAnon

if they haven't changed, Pierce Arrow the last time we were there had one of the best comedians I've seen in Branson and the music was good as well.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

The Haygoods have a great Show, lots of Variety and talent on that stage,.

2nd to that, I would agree with the previous comments about Grand Jubilee..

You cant go wrong with either show..
Old 06-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
No actual comedian, but some great comedy from Matt Gum, and Clay. Clay's people skills with the audience makes for much better comedy than somebody dressed up like a hillbilly telling 40 year old, stale jokes anyway.
So Matt Gum isn't a comedian? I've never seen him but am very familiar with his Dad, Thom Gum who is a Hillbilly comedy legend at Lake of the Ozarks. I always heard Matt was a lot like his Dad.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
So Matt Gum isn't a comedian? I've never seen him but am very familiar with his Dad, Thom Gum who is a Hillbilly comedy legend at Lake of the Ozarks. I always heard Matt was a lot like his Dad.
Didn't say he wasn't. But his comedy in Clay's show is very much blended into the musical aspect.
Matt has done some of the old school "hillbilly" stuff (Sticky Gum, I absolutely hated that stupid tire pump act!). But he is so versatile with many, much better acts. Along with great impressions of entertainers like Elton John, Joe Cocker, Rod Stuart, Michael Jackson, Dwight Yoakam, Bruno Mars, and so many more including a hilarious duet of Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias. Add to all that his phenomenal talents on every musical instrument on the stage!

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 06-26-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #8
Connie

What about the other shows???

Has anyone seen Creedance Clearwater Tribute/Southern Rock/Willie, Waylon and the Boys Shows? Reviews?????
Old 06-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #9
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Didn't say he wasn't. But his comedy in Clay's show is very much blended into the musical aspect.
Matt has done some of the old school "hillbilly" stuff (Sticky Gum, I absolutely hated that stupid tire pump act!). But he is so versatile with many, much better acts. Along with great impressions of entertainers like Elton John, Joe Cocker, Rod Stuart, Michael Jackson, Dwight Yoakam, Bruno Mars, and so many more including a hilarious duet of Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias. Add to all that his phenomenal talents on every musical instrument on the stage!
His Dad "Gabby Gum" has done that tire pump act forever. Maybe things are changing as far as people not liking the traditional "Hillbilly Comedian" much anymore. I've known his Dad for like 40 years since way back in Denny Hilton Country Shindig days. He still has a great show in Osage Beach called Main St. Opry.

Closed Thread