1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Thumbs down Branson Airport Redux

More from the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

Silver Airways Announces they are Not Coming to Branson

“We were disappointed to learn of the news of the ATR certification delay,” said Jeff Bourk Executive Director of the Branson Airport said in a press release. “As we work with Silver Airways during this period of adjustment, normal operations continue with Frontier Airlines and VIA Airlines at the Branson Airport."

SOURCE:KOLR 10

---tort--

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 08-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
kevincallahan

Silver

Very disappointed in this. We go down to Houston, Austin area at least 4 times a year and this was our best deal yet. We are now doing enough time and business, that we may well have to look at moving closer and becoming part time residents up here again. Had like 6 trips booked to Houston already this fall and now having to realign those trips with Southern Airways Express and car rentals. Going out of Springfield is crazy high!
Old 08-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
More from the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

Silver Airways Announces they are Not Coming to Branson

“We were disappointed to learn of the news of the ATR certification delay,” said Jeff Bourk Executive Director of the Branson Airport said in a press release. “As we work with Silver Airways during this period of adjustment, normal operations continue with Frontier Airlines and VIA Airlines at the Branson Airport."

SOURCE:KOLR 10

---tort--
This is nothing to do with the airport itself. There has been a delay in the FAA getting some sort of certification done for Silver Airways. According to the information disseminated to the airport staff, it is a DELAY, and NOT a cancellation.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
This is nothing to do with the airport itself. There has been a delay in the FAA getting some sort of certification done for Silver Airways. According to the information disseminated to the airport staff, it is a DELAY, and NOT a cancellation.

I'm sure that's a great comfort to those who booked and paid for travel in advance. Maybe they can get transportation on the sky gondolas.
---tort--

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Old 08-04-2018, 11:36 PM   #5
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
I'm sure that's a great comfort to those who booked and paid for travel in advance. Maybe they can get transportation on the sky gondolas.
---tort--
I totally get the fact that it is a major inconvenience. But I will not let the airport be blamed for something which is completely out of their hands this time. If the FAA doesn’t say they can fly, there’s not much anyone can do about it.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:32 AM   #6
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Loving rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
I totally get the fact that it is a major inconvenience. But I will not let the airport be blamed for something which is completely out of their hands this time. If the FAA doesn’t say they can fly, there’s not much anyone can do about it.
As usual, much ado over the "next big thing" only to have something jump up and bite the public in the butt. Wasn't it the airport that first solicited this carrier? Wasn't it the airport that then approved this carrier. Wasn't it the airport that advertised and touted this carrier? Now you're saying that you won't allow the airport to be blamed?

I get it, I really do. Many folks in this area make their living off tourism. Therefore, it hurts all of us, (some directly but all indirectly), when something, anything, tarnishes the reputation of the area or even the perception of the area. The recent tragedy on Table Rock was a biggie. The closure of what should have been a cute family attraction after less than 60 days of operation was, in my opinion, at least a skinned knee. The delay/lack of certification/screw up with the charter carrier is more than just an inconvenience. It is just one more instance of promises made and then not kept.

I love this area. I chose to move here because of all the good things about the area and the people. But that doesn't mean that I am blind to any shortcomings, (and there are some).

I would hope that the folks who propose new things, new services, new attractions would take a clue from the owner of Bass Pro. He's not in a hurry, he takes time to do it right the first time and, if he runs into an unexpected glitch, he finds a way to turn it into a positive, (reference the sink hole at Big Cedar).

I hear the airport is for sale. Maybe Johnny should buy it.

---tort--

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Old 08-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
As usual, much ado over the "next big thing" only to have something jump up and bite the public in the butt. Wasn't it the airport that first solicited this carrier? Wasn't it the airport that then approved this carrier. Wasn't it the airport that advertised and touted this carrier? Now you're saying that you won't allow the airport to be blamed?

I get it, I really do. Many folks in this area make their living off tourism. Therefore, it hurts all of us, (some directly but all indirectly), when something, anything, tarnishes the reputation of the area or even the perception of the area. The recent tragedy on Table Rock was a biggie. The closure of what should have been a cute family attraction after less than 60 days of operation was, in my opinion, at least a skinned knee. The delay/lack of certification/screw up with the charter carrier is more than just an inconvenience. It is just one more instance of promises made and then not kept.

I love this area. I chose to move here because of all the good things about the area and the people. But that doesn't mean that I am blind to any shortcomings, (and there are some).

I would hope that the folks who propose new things, new services, new attractions would take a clue from the owner of Bass Pro. He's not in a hurry, he takes time to do it right the first time and, if he runs into an unexpected glitch, he finds a way to turn it into a positive, (reference the sink hole at Big Cedar).

I hear the airport is for sale. Maybe Johnny should buy it.

---tort--
I'm assuming the phrase "unforeseen circumstances" means nothing to you. So truly, there is NOTHING I can contribute to this because you have your mind made up and, once again, your opinion and viewpoint is the ONLY one that matters.

And with that...I. Am. Done.

Closed Thread