1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 12:33 AM   #1
mikee
Ultra Member

Angry Nobody is posting lately.

I am wondering if everyone on here has Covid or if they are so full of liquid cheer that they can't type. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Keep well and safe.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:23 AM   #2
lsheagney
Ultra Member

It is a busy time of year but it seems like its more hectic this year than normal. I can't catch up and running out of time. I imagine it's like that for many people.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:01 PM   #3
lostarm
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
I am wondering if everyone on here has Covid or if they are so full of liquid cheer that they can't type. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Keep well and safe.
that's not funny covid is not a joke
Old 12-22-2021, 09:28 PM   #4
Oracle
Devolution

Quote:

We spent Thanksgiving quarantined with Covid, now we're ready to spend Christmas full of liquid cheer.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2021, 07:47 AM   #5
otterchaos

Nothing new, nothing to report. But, you want to hear my take?
(and by "new", I mean "out of the ordinary scope that Branson has had to offer for many years") We don't do goofy out-dated country shows. The last one I was able to convince the family to go to was a heavily-advertised, more contemporary, fast-paced show with very talented musicians, but STILL had demeaning sexist "your wife, ha- ha" jokes. The young adult children were NOPING right out of there after that and have refused to come back.

We (2 adults, mid-late 40's) made a trip earlier this month to check on some of the properties I handle. We stopped at SDC at sunset and spent just over a hour to walk though, see the lights & parade, and buy some bread. Then we drove through the property of Big Cedar Lodge and enjoyed their light display. In the weeks after, I read a lot of chatter on Branson Facebook pages about whether or not you can do that, if they charge, etc... so the secret must be out and traffic must have picked up there. But, no way would we pay $20-30 to drive through a light display when there are nicer ones for free in other communities. (But I acknowledge that Branson is very accessible and not really a vacation destination for us. For families who are in that experience and can enjoy the "quaint" of small town, may very well feel it is worth it.)

Food... we ate a late dinner at Sips at Branson Meadows. THANK YOU PLACES THAT ARE OPEN AFTER 9PM. WE LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!! We had an amazing pizza, sat by the Christmas tree, and enjoyed the atmosphere, the bartender/waitstaff and the music selection playing over their sound system. HIGHLY recommend. (it was a week night and I realize the atmosphere may be louder on the weekend. I am also eager to experience that!)
Lunch the next day was at Grand Country Buffet. It was fine. No complaints. We went, we ate, we won't hurry back because we like to try different things and nothing really stood out.

Lodging.... we stayed at Carriage House Inn. Very affordable at a King room just under $70. Bed was super comfortable.

Stopped at Tanger and they were very busy. I ran in to one store but they didn't have what I looking for, so we left.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:35 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Well, I would post how great the ClayGoods Jambor-Eve will be, and it IS going to be. But it wouldn't matter because it has been sold out for weeks!!!
Old 12-24-2021, 11:47 PM   #7
mikee
Ultra Member

Sold out show

I am sorry that no more tickets available. I guess it doesn't matter to me. My mother said that a man in his 80s should stay home with the covid still around. I'd better listen to mom who will be 100 years old next month.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:17 AM   #8
mikee
Ultra Member

not many posting.

I guess I will go on vacation for a couple of months. Mom wants to go to Florida and see Disney World for the last time. I will see all of you here about March 1 Happy 2022.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:13 AM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I guess I will go on vacation for a couple of months. Mom wants to go to Florida and see Disney World for the last time. I will see all of you here about March 1 Happy 2022.
Have a good trip!
Old 01-06-2022, 08:56 AM   #10
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I look at the bottom of the page to see there are new people that have registered, they dont seem to say much
Old 01-07-2022, 08:45 AM   #11
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet65 View Post
I look at the bottom of the page to see there are new people that have registered, they dont seem to say much
I think something is screwed up in the registration process where they can't finish it and post.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:47 AM   #12
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
I think something is screwed up in the registration process where they can't finish it and post.
That could be true.
Old 01-08-2022, 02:51 PM   #13
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Nope Covid free,
drove west to Phoenix and Vegas for 10 days for Christmas,
Mask free,
and jab free..
All is well.

Lots of liquid cheer induced out there while visiting family and friends.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:35 PM   #14
perky4branson

For those of you that think Covid isn't for real...
I'm going on 4 weeks and thought I wouldn't make it the 1st 2 weeks. Probably wouldn't have if I hadn't been vacinated. So if you don't believe in it, that's your decision, but for me, it's for real. Ended up in the hospital but getting better... So do your own thing, but don't ask me for help...
Old 01-08-2022, 11:59 PM   #15
mikee
Ultra Member

Covid Recovery

Glad that you made it through and hope your complete recovery will come soon.

Closed Thread