1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Buffalo Wild Wings?

I noticed nothing going on in the old Macaroni Grill that was supposed to be a BW2 other than the building has been completely stripped. No building permits posted, no sign, no nothing. Have the plans been scrapped? Or is there some sort of delay?
Maybe there's still a chance for something better going in that space.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Maybe there's still a chance for something better going in that space.
We can only hope that there might be something better!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Ms_Terese
Local Member

My understanding is that there was a breakdown in negotiations with the city of Branson and BWW pulled out of the deal.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

My understanding is that there was a breakdown in negotiations with the city of Branson and BWW pulled out of the deal.
There, corrected that for you.

Now maybe somebody that actually serves good food, and has a fun atmosphere will consider moving in. My first hope for a chain would be Margaritaville! After all, they have one in Pigeon Forge!
http://www.margaritaville.com/restaurants.html
Second would be St. Louis based Hot Shots.
http://www.hotshotsnet.com/HOME.aspx
Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Terese View Post
The Landing website still shows them as "Coming Soon", but from an inside source, it was supposed to be open "sometime in May". So, there is definitely something up. And if I remember correctly, Buffalo Wild Wings was alleged to be one of the anchor stores in the Tanstone Development at the deserted traffic circle on Forsyth Hill?

Maybe somebody just doesn't want them here?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #6
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
The Landing website still shows them as "Coming Soon", but from an inside source, it was supposed to be open "sometime in May". So, there is definitely something up. And if I remember correctly, Buffalo Wild Wings was alleged to be one of the anchor stores in the Tanstone Development at the deserted traffic circle on Forsyth Hill?

Maybe somebody just doesn't want them here?
The City of Branson doesn't want ANYONE here that doesn't "meet the criteria". It's why it is what it is. A second-tier tourist destination whose best years were 20 years ago.

Good Times in Branson
Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
The City of Branson doesn't want ANYONE here that doesn't "meet the criteria". It's why it is what it is. A second-tier tourist destination whose best years were 20 years ago.

Maybe Hooter's girls in Dale Evans dresses, and cowboy hats!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
ozarksportsgal
Ultra Member

Well, boogers....

I was looking forward to an alternative to the other restaurant offerings.

Garfield's is about the only thing that offers enough variety to appease all when we are there in a group.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Garfield fan. (I'm the only one that is not appeased. I do go along to make peace with the others) I was hoping for an alternative. Husband can, at least, get a burger there.

Count me as disappointed.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #9
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
A second-tier tourist destination whose best years were 20 years ago.

Do they have a third tier? If so.....
Old 05-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I was looking forward to an alternative to the other restaurant offerings.

Garfield's is about the only thing that offers enough variety to appease all when we are there in a group.

Lots of restaurants in Branson with large selections of food. In fact, the best places aren't even at the Landing!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
UhOh

It's too bad, I was very much looking forward to having a BWW's in town. Of course, I get why there would be contention seeing as it caters to a bit younger crowd. You'd pretty much have to be near death to not have a good experience there. Seriously, what is so wrong with buffalo wings, cheesy potatoes, my personal favorite of theirs - fried pickles and beer, all while hanging out with friends and family while watching the games or playing trivia with everyone there. I've had lots of good memories over the past decade in BWW's in other parts of the country.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #12
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOh View Post
It's too bad, I was very much looking forward to having a BWW's in town. Of course, I get why there would be contention seeing as it caters to a bit younger crowd. You'd pretty much have to be near death to not have a good experience there. Seriously, what is so wrong with buffalo wings, cheesy potatoes, my personal favorite of theirs - fried pickles and beer, all while hanging out with friends and family while watching the games or playing trivia with everyone there. I've had lots of good memories over the past decade in BWW's in other parts of the country.
The City of Branson is just generically a PAIN IN THE ASS. I remember when the Branson Hills Pizza Hut first opened. What could anyone have against Pizza Hut (except for poor pizza)? The first three months they could not serve beer, even though it was on their menu. Why not? I asked a server... the server said the City of Branson had not approved their license yet... even though they had applied for it long before opening. If you aren't one of the "royalty" of Branson, forget ever trying to open a business there. The city WILL NOT be your friend.

Good Times in Branson
Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
You'd pretty much have to be near death to not have a good experience there. Seriously, what is so wrong with buffalo wings,
Well, first I'm not that close, and second, nothing is wrong with good wings. Unless they have improved a whole lot from the last time I had them 7 or 8 years ago that is the problem. A one word description, by not just me, but my 30 something son, and daughter-in-law, my 20 something daughter, her husband, and a friend who's son-in-law had the first 10 locations in St.Louis......disgusting!!!!! And some kind of limp, greasy seasoned fries I had was even worse!
But from what I've seen in BW2, the quality of food isn't as important as the quantity of beer!
Again, no problem with that, but if I want wings with the suds I want them to at least be edible.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
If you aren't one of the "royalty" of Branson, forget ever trying to open a business there. The city WILL NOT be your friend.
But if you want to have a tacky looking 15' meatball with a forty foot fork sticking out of it in front of your restaurant you are not only approved, but applauded, and rewarded with a sidewalk going through the meatball as part of the 76 Strip "improvement"
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #15
ozarksportsgal
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post

Lots of restaurants in Branson with large selections of food. In fact, the best places aren't even at the Landing!
This, however, is when we are at the landing.....

oh yeah..so many other places to eat in Branson, but when we are at the Landing we usually always shop and then eat there... to save time and for the convenience.

Sorry for any confusion

Closed Thread