1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 10,602
Buffalo Wild Wings?

I noticed nothing going on in the old Macaroni Grill that was supposed to be a BW2 other than the building has been completely stripped. No building permits posted, no sign, no nothing. Have the plans been scrapped? Or is there some sort of delay?
Maybe there's still a chance for something better going in that space.
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member
 
can'tcatchup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Maybe there's still a chance for something better going in that space.
We can only hope that there might be something better!!!
can'tcatchup is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Ms_Terese
Local Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,079
My understanding is that there was a breakdown in negotiations with the city of Branson and BWW pulled out of the deal.
Ms_Terese is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 10,602
My understanding is that there was a breakdown in negotiations with the city of Branson and BWW pulled out of the deal.
There, corrected that for you.

Now maybe somebody that actually serves good food, and has a fun atmosphere will consider moving in. My first hope for a chain would be Margaritaville! After all, they have one in Pigeon Forge!
http://www.margaritaville.com/restaurants.html
Second would be St. Louis based Hot Shots.
http://www.hotshotsnet.com/HOME.aspx
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member
 
bransonframer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Terese View Post
My understanding is that there was a breakdown in negotiations with the city of Branson and BWW pulled out of the deal.
The Landing website still shows them as "Coming Soon", but from an inside source, it was supposed to be open "sometime in May". So, there is definitely something up. And if I remember correctly, Buffalo Wild Wings was alleged to be one of the anchor stores in the Tanstone Development at the deserted traffic circle on Forsyth Hill?

Maybe somebody just doesn't want them here?
bransonframer is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #6
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nixa, Missouri
Posts: 12,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
The Landing website still shows them as "Coming Soon", but from an inside source, it was supposed to be open "sometime in May". So, there is definitely something up. And if I remember correctly, Buffalo Wild Wings was alleged to be one of the anchor stores in the Tanstone Development at the deserted traffic circle on Forsyth Hill?

Maybe somebody just doesn't want them here?
The City of Branson doesn't want ANYONE here that doesn't "meet the criteria". It's why it is what it is. A second-tier tourist destination whose best years were 20 years ago.

__________________

Good Times in Branson
MNtraveler is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 10,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
The City of Branson doesn't want ANYONE here that doesn't "meet the criteria". It's why it is what it is. A second-tier tourist destination whose best years were 20 years ago.

Maybe Hooter's girls in Dale Evans dresses, and cowboy hats!
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
ozarksportsgal
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 501
Well, boogers....

I was looking forward to an alternative to the other restaurant offerings.

Garfield's is about the only thing that offers enough variety to appease all when we are there in a group.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Garfield fan. (I'm the only one that is not appeased. I do go along to make peace with the others) I was hoping for an alternative. Husband can, at least, get a burger there.

Count me as disappointed.
ozarksportsgal is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #9
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member
 
bransonframer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
A second-tier tourist destination whose best years were 20 years ago.

Do they have a third tier? If so.....
bransonframer is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 10,602
Quote:
I was looking forward to an alternative to the other restaurant offerings.

Garfield's is about the only thing that offers enough variety to appease all when we are there in a group.

Lots of restaurants in Branson with large selections of food. In fact, the best places aren't even at the Landing!
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
UhOh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
It's too bad, I was very much looking forward to having a BWW's in town. Of course, I get why there would be contention seeing as it caters to a bit younger crowd. You'd pretty much have to be near death to not have a good experience there. Seriously, what is so wrong with buffalo wings, cheesy potatoes, my personal favorite of theirs - fried pickles and beer, all while hanging out with friends and family while watching the games or playing trivia with everyone there. I've had lots of good memories over the past decade in BWW's in other parts of the country.
UhOh is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #12
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nixa, Missouri
Posts: 12,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhOh View Post
It's too bad, I was very much looking forward to having a BWW's in town. Of course, I get why there would be contention seeing as it caters to a bit younger crowd. You'd pretty much have to be near death to not have a good experience there. Seriously, what is so wrong with buffalo wings, cheesy potatoes, my personal favorite of theirs - fried pickles and beer, all while hanging out with friends and family while watching the games or playing trivia with everyone there. I've had lots of good memories over the past decade in BWW's in other parts of the country.
The City of Branson is just generically a PAIN IN THE ASS. I remember when the Branson Hills Pizza Hut first opened. What could anyone have against Pizza Hut (except for poor pizza)? The first three months they could not serve beer, even though it was on their menu. Why not? I asked a server... the server said the City of Branson had not approved their license yet... even though they had applied for it long before opening. If you aren't one of the "royalty" of Branson, forget ever trying to open a business there. The city WILL NOT be your friend.

__________________

Good Times in Branson
MNtraveler is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 10,602
Quote:
You'd pretty much have to be near death to not have a good experience there. Seriously, what is so wrong with buffalo wings,
Well, first I'm not that close, and second, nothing is wrong with good wings. Unless they have improved a whole lot from the last time I had them 7 or 8 years ago that is the problem. A one word description, by not just me, but my 30 something son, and daughter-in-law, my 20 something daughter, her husband, and a friend who's son-in-law had the first 10 locations in St.Louis......disgusting!!!!! And some kind of limp, greasy seasoned fries I had was even worse!
But from what I've seen in BW2, the quality of food isn't as important as the quantity of beer!
Again, no problem with that, but if I want wings with the suds I want them to at least be edible.
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 10,602
Quote:
If you aren't one of the "royalty" of Branson, forget ever trying to open a business there. The city WILL NOT be your friend.
But if you want to have a tacky looking 15' meatball with a forty foot fork sticking out of it in front of your restaurant you are not only approved, but applauded, and rewarded with a sidewalk going through the meatball as part of the 76 Strip "improvement"
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #15
ozarksportsgal
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post

Lots of restaurants in Branson with large selections of food. In fact, the best places aren't even at the Landing!
This, however, is when we are at the landing.....

oh yeah..so many other places to eat in Branson, but when we are at the Landing we usually always shop and then eat there... to save time and for the convenience.

Sorry for any confusion
ozarksportsgal is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buffalo Wild Wings Bar & Grill at Branson Landing TheOleSeagull Branson Dining 14 02-25-2014 10:02 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings ozarkman Branson Dining 42 11-01-2013 11:22 AM
Anyone from around the Buffalo or Ozark, MO area? amy129 Just for Chit Chat 0 08-16-2013 01:23 PM
Indy at Buffalo OkieAnon Just for Chit Chat 0 01-03-2010 12:33 PM
Buffalo Chicken Dip okie78 Recipes, Cooking, & More 0 12-31-2008 01:58 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 PM.


--