1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 12-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Thanksgiving 2019 in Branson

few things from this past weekend:

we met family in Branson, around 20 of us I think, several hadn't been there before and I think all but a couple enjoyed themselves judging by the comments everyone made, the couple thought it was old peoples Vegas, but several others had question about coming back in the summer.

rained the whole time, plans were for everyone to go out to SDC on Thanksgiving day but because of the rain we all went to Dolly's Stampede, it was 10:00 and i'd say the place was half full. one thing new i'd been telling everyone you have to eat with your hands and when sit down... there was a fork, what's the world coming to, forks at the Stampede.

because of the no SDC everyone pretty much did whatever else appealed to them, some went to a magic show, we went to Clay Cooper on Friday, been awhile since seen his show, still good and i'd guess there were very few empty seats.

can't really give a dining review, we ate at the Stampede one day and one day Famous Daves catered a birthday supper and the next we ate leftovers, I will say Famous Daves is some of the best barbecue in Branson, was very good.

LaQuinta Inn on Shepherd of the Hills expressway. nice place, very clean, easy to get around from there, pet friendly, negatives would be there is no hot tub, the pool is in a very public viewing area lot of places people can just stop and stare at you in the pool, and the breakfast is pretty much in the hotel lobby.

crowds? all the folks we met thought it was bad, I said not so much as past Thanksgivings, I think the weather kept them away, went to Tanger a few times and always found a parking spot.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote