1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 09-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Car Show Weekend?

so what's it like over there this weekend with the car show, new date, wasn't a cruise this year I think I read... just guessing, kinda quiet in comparison to previous years?
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
so what's it like over there this weekend with the car show, new date, wasn't a cruise this year I think I read... just guessing, kinda quiet in comparison to previous years?
Yes, slow..

total waste of time for those that attended it sounds like.

dont get me started on the changin of dates and no cruise :

I have already posted my thoughts on this topic
Old 09-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
OkieAnon

there is something a couple small towns in the area have started and I went to one of them earlier this summer that was a lot of fun. Branson might have trouble finding level straight roads to do this but it would be a blast if they could.

there was the car show, chance to show off their rides, everything from old vintage restored autos to souped up hotrods.

lots of food trucks, craft venders.

then the contests started, blindman where people would drive blindfolded so many feet and see who could stop closest to a white line.

burn out contest

and the highlight of the day, street drag racing, there were guys that showed up with 80 to 100 thousand dollar cars for street drag racing taking on kids in beat up ole pk trucks all for a trophy and a small cash prize. after the race they had a little mini cruise... when the main hwy is 6 blocks long it has to be mini.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
there is something a couple small towns in the area have started and I went to one of them earlier this summer that was a lot of fun. Branson might have trouble finding level straight roads to do this but it would be a blast if they could.

there was the car show, chance to show off their rides, everything from old vintage restored autos to souped up hotrods.

lots of food trucks, craft venders.

then the contests started, blindman where people would drive blindfolded so many feet and see who could stop closest to a white line.

burn out contest

and the highlight of the day, street drag racing, there were guys that showed up with 80 to 100 thousand dollar cars for street drag racing taking on kids in beat up ole pk trucks all for a trophy and a small cash prize. after the race they had a little mini cruise... when the main hwy is 6 blocks long it has to be mini.
Street drag racing might be a big liability issue. Things can and do go wrong.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote