1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 09-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Mr. B's Ice Cream Parlor.

Located in old downtown Branson, On the Corner SE corner of Main and Veterens Blvd.. Just across the street and West and up the hill from Dicks 5 & 10.. .

I am pleased to announce that there are new owners for this business. 3 of The Haygood brothers went together and purchased it. They actually got possession on Labor Day Weekend. The previous owner is staying on for a bit, to help with vendors and suppliers.

You will see many of the old faces behind the counter and of course new faces too.

They are not planning any BIG changes, but rather lots of little ones. They will be keeping the 50's theme ice cream parlor.

The menu is going to be tweaked and improved, with very few deletions, but several new items to be added, again this will happen over the next few weeks..

Probably some new seating, booths and such.

Since The Haygoods are involved you can expect some major lighting changes and additions, Both inside and outside..... Lots of L.E.D. of course..!!

Being this late in the year, I am sure there will be lots of stuff added and modified through the winter months.

They are open for business, and looking forward to the fall season in town, stop in, have a cone, or chili pie, Ice cream sundae, or chili dog, or regular hot dog or choose anything off the menu, take a minute and relax, check it out and look around for the new owners. Tell them hi, and let them know about your visit..
Old 09-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

That is great news! It would have been a shame to have lost another long-time downtown business!
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:20 AM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
That is great news! It would have been a shame to have lost another long-time downtown business!
It is great news. these guys will fix the ice cream parlor up, make some changes and it will be more popular than ever.

It is a great location...
Old 09-14-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Hmm..."fix it up"...ok...I was in there maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago....loved it as usual....as it is....as it has been....for decades...so hopefully, when they "fix it up" it won't take any of that "Old Town" feeling away. You know, the feeling when you walk in their you might see Goob, Gomer, or Barney hanging out...Maybe even bump into Weird Floyd...what WAS that guy on, anyway? I don't think Witch Hazel has that effect....
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Hmm..."fix it up"...ok...I was in there maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago....loved it as usual....as it is....as it has been....for decades...so hopefully, when they "fix it up" it won't take any of that "Old Town" feeling away. You know, the feeling when you walk in their you might see Goob, Gomer, or Barney hanging out...Maybe even bump into Weird Floyd...what WAS that guy on, anyway? I don't think Witch Hazel has that effect....
Rest assured the "old town" feel will remain, and who knows goober, andy, gomer or aunt bee may be sitting in the booth behind you the next time you visit....

As far as Floyd is concerned..... I think he is doing 15-20 for possesion..