1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 11-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Thumbs up Texas Tenors Packs them In(Moon River)

DW and her ladies group took in the 2PM show the other day. Very nice crowd and a great show which was the feeling of pretty much everyone apparently.
If the Tenors have a few million extra $$ laying around, I bet they could do well on a full time basis, but then, there are probably better ways to bring in the bucks. (Like leasing the theatre)

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #2
MLM

It’s one thing doing a short run during the peak season... any show that’s good draws people now. It’s entirely different doing a full season being fully invested in the town for 150+ shows a year, during high and low attendance times. I don’t doubt they have a great show and had a great crowd, but you absolutely can’t suggest that that means they’d do well buying that venue based on what you saw. First—- if they do that well all year, they’d be here more often. And more important, as much as I wanna like it, the venue has waaay too many red flag issues for any entertainer to buy it... size, hills, etc. The only entertainer that would make it work there is one with absolute money to burn whose name alone would draw tons of people all year long. I really think it’s a better fit for a hotelier, etc... great location and lots of land.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:52 PM   #3
MLM

A few years ago I had a conversation with Jimmy and he told me just what it cost for electricity every month and it was pretty crazy.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
DW and her ladies group took in the 2PM show the other day. Very nice crowd and a great show which was the feeling of pretty much everyone apparently.
If the Tenors have a few million extra $$ laying around, I bet they could do well on a full time basis, but then, there are probably better ways to bring in the bucks. (Like leasing the theatre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM View Post
It’s one thing doing a short run during the peak season... any show that’s good draws people now. It’s entirely different doing a full season being fully invested in the town for 150+ shows a year, during high and low attendance times. I don’t doubt they have a great show and had a great crowd, but you absolutely can’t suggest that that means they’d do well buying that venue based on what you saw. First—- if they do that well all year, they’d be here more often. And more important, as much as I wanna like it, the venue has waaay too many red flag issues for any entertainer to buy it... size, hills, etc. The only entertainer that would make it work there is one with absolute money to burn whose name alone would draw tons of people all year long. I really think it’s a better fit for a hotelier, etc... great location and lots of land.
Actually what I suggested was that there were better ways to go about obtaining a venue, like a lease. As far as them performing beyond this week, I'd love to have the bucks they could bring in for 3 more weeks and into 2020. All you must do is check out their schedule which covers much of the US and Canada to grasp their popularity. Yes, I think on a full time basis (let's remember what "full time actually means) they could rapidly rise to a top show billing rather quickly. In the end, I'm certain they know exactly what they want to do. Given the quality of the show and its popularity, they have many options.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #5
MLM

I agree with what you’re saying, but a lease of a building, depending upon the terms, can be very much like buying it. If a facility has high costs of operation, accessibility issues, etc., those issues don’t go away by leasing. You’re just dealing with them as long as your lease runs. And I’ve said that I don’t doubt they have a great show. I will add however, that other Branson shows spend some time on the road— they draw more people there in “one-off” concerts. But those bigger road crowds don’t translate to the same size crowds in Branson. It’s pretty obvious that competing with a zillion other shows here for a full season takes a chunk out of every show’s crowd, regardless of the quality. Not a reflection of show quality, just a fact. Add in high costs, etc., at that venue—- that’s why I express doubts.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #6
MLM

It kinda makes me laugh a little bit, but if you look at the lineup at Clay Cooper’s theater, you see that there are three shows there ( not counting his) that have all had previous success leasing or owning a building, yet all choose to rent a time slot. There’s a reason for that... just sayin.’
Old 11-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #7
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM View Post
It kinda makes me laugh a little bit, but if you look at the lineup at Clay Cooper’s theater, you see that there are three shows there ( not counting his) that have all had previous success leasing or owning a building, yet all choose to rent a time slot. There’s a reason for that... just sayin.’
Absolutely on target!! I worked for a show which held the master lease on a theatre. They learned enough from that experience they have not pursued owning a venue.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Branson Thanksgiving Hosted by Texas Tenors

This is a one hour special to be televised during T-Giving weekend. Lots of Branson performers. Sorry, I don't know the times as of yet.
Below is a 32 second promo that provides an idea what to expect.
https://www.prweb.com/releases/the_t...eb16717188.htm

Old 11-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
jerryb

I saw the Texas Tenors when I was in Branson the first week in November. Let me start by saying that I love this group and plan my week when they will be in town. There was a very small crowd that night and I felt bad for them. I did not enjoy the show either. It was almost completely Christmas music. They started a few minutes late, the intermission dragged on and on and there were at least 2 times when there was a time lag between their songs. I will give it to them that this was only the 3rd or 4th night for Christmas programs so maybe the kinks are gone now. I will probably not see them next year simply because I hate going to that theater with all the stairs and hills to climb.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #10
Daydreamer

[QUOTE=DalmatianDad;935686]DW and her ladies group took in the 2PM show the other day. Very nice crowd and a great show which was the feeling of pretty much everyone apparently.

We always enjoy the Texas Tenors! It has been a very good/high quality show every time we have seen them.
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:47 PM   #11
localdood

I remember the Texas Tenors had a residency at the Starlite for a few years. I don't think it went all that well... I shared the space with them for a season.
localdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #12
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

FYI -- Texas Tenors are on Larry's Diner on RFD-TV Thursday at 7 pm and Saturday at 10 pm.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote