1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 11-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
acampingfan

Gonna do it again- month long visit?

As some may remember, we did a month long stay a few years ago seeing, heck I don't really recall, but I think about 23/24 shows in 30 days. Anyways, we're coming back again in June and were bringing a couple of newbies with us.

So besides seeing some New shows and revisiting some we Loved(and visiting Branson 2 for 1...lol), what other suggestions can be offered?

We didn't do SDC last time so that might be a possibility and we did try to visit Happy Hours(which we also love)...if you have any favorites in regards to this we'd greatly appreciate a heads up. I think the Happy Hours we discovered were mostly on the Landing and it seems things are always changing down there.

Finally, for those who have done it, what about that Train ride? I kept seeing it while visiting at the Landing but never really checked it out.

Thank You all for any suggestions, idea's ,comments!
Dwight
acampingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

I think everyone should ride the train (or any train, for that matter, once) just to say they have done it. For me, the most interesting part of the train ride down there is standing beside the tracks and watching (and feeling the ground shake) as it goes by...especially the longer freight trains. Did the ride once, just will not be doing it again...it's not like being on a NAPA Valley wine country tour train where you can look at acres and acres (miles) of rolling hills and vineyards...not like being on the French Riviera train, say from Nice to Paris, or the Coastal train out of Nice where there is so much to see...unfortunately, after leaving the station at the Landing, there just was nothing to see! What we saw was...trees, and leaves. In the winter, what you will see is...trees and bare branches. But, again, do it once, just to say you have! Now, if I could take that train ride, and the Lennon Brothers were singing some good Glenn Miller swing/big band songs in the car I was in....ahhhh...yes...I would be a repeat customer!
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I rode the train. It went to reeds springs instead of arkansas due to other train traffic. I got a great view of trees and tons of trash in peoples yards.
I would ask if train is going to arkansas before boarding. I dont know if they would tell you which way it will be going.

Train was clean and music was playing. I sat in dome car. There is a snack car but I did not go there.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by acampingfan View Post
As some may remember, we did a month long stay a few years ago seeing, heck I don't really recall, but I think about 23/24 shows in 30 days. Anyways, we're coming back again in June and were bringing a couple of newbies with us.
I remember the many reviews and posts you provided last time and hope you will do likewise on your next marathon.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #5
acampingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
I remember the many reviews and posts you provided last time and hope you will do likewise on your next marathon.
I will and hopefully in a more timely manner....or at least I'll keep notes so if I do it all at once again, I won't confuse everything!! LOL
acampingfan is offline   Reply With Quote