1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 09-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #16
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

You definitely won’t want to miss the Grand Jubilee Christmas show - 7:30 pm every night except Sunday! It has something for everyone! And that includes what many of us consider the best, and multi award winning, live band in Branson!

Besides that show, I would include the Hughes Brothers, Presley‘s, and Dutton’s shows. All top choices!
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #17
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
But I know there are some purists who, for whatever reason, don't agree.
Call me a purist, but I don't spend $30+ for tickets to see Karaoke!
Old 09-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #18
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
I would prefer a live band. But there are some exceptions I am willing to make.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:36 AM   #19
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Many big name concerts that tour use tracks in addition to their live music. Has happened for a long time, you'll never see a pure live music show anywhere.
kstater1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:37 AM   #20
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater1997 View Post
Many big name concerts that tour use tracks in addition to their live music. Has happened for a long time, you'll never see a pure live music show anywhere.
That is not true. There are shows - even here in Branson - which are indeed pure live music.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:38 AM   #21
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Thank you...

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:49 AM   #22
BobC
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
... you'll never see a pure live music show anywhere.
Kind of an overstatement don't you think.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #23
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
That is not true. There are shows - even here in Branson - which are indeed pure live music.
That's also not true for many national touring bands. I know a lot of these bands are all LIVE with no tracks whatsoever.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #24
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
That's also not true for many national touring bands. I know a lot of these bands are all LIVE with no tracks whatsoever.
You are correct. The overwhelming number of national artists we book use no tracks whatsoever, and the remaining performers only use very minimal fill music tracks if anything at all. We will not book artists who rely heavily on tracks. We will never book Diamond Rio again because the one time we booked them a few years ago they were playing a huge number of backing tracks and could not even change their set list because they could not alter the order in which the tracks played. It’s so frustrating to hear customers say how wonderful all of the harmonies and instrumentations sound, and then have to tell them what they were hearing was not live. We will not lie to our customers. We just don’t bring back any acts who perform in that manner.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #25
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

This debate is always interesting...because, after all....what we call "tracks" was someone playing and/or singing LIVE...while being recorded. Hmmm...so...is it LIVE...or is it Memorex...and does it matter???
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #26
MLM

Actually it surprises me that “purists” seem to be okay with kwyboard players playing synthesizers live.... synth strings played live are not much different from a track and replaces over a dozen musicians. Also it surprises me that some of the shows that are liked by purists use tracked vocals, autotuning, etc... and the customers don’t have a clue. If it always sounds perfect every time (whether it’s a vocal or instrumental part), you should be suspicious.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #27
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

I took the time to read every Trip Advisor review of Broadway. Seems everyone loved the show and not one mention of tracks being used. All felt that the total package (which is large) is pretty outstanding despite the lack of live music. That also was my opinion.
So that leads me to wonder what service to Branson are the so called purists doing by damning these shows. Can Branson really afford this?

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:32 AM   #28
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
Go out and do a search on backing tracks, and you'll see a whole lots of bands and groups who use backing tracks. It's pretty common. How do you think they get the sound of violins in songs when there aren't any?
kstater1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:49 PM   #29
CastStephen

"Track" shows

Just thought I would jump in here ..

Preferring to hear a live band is absolutely fine. Honestly, I prefer it as well. However, the terms "karaoke" or "glorified karaoke" being used to describe track shows are honestly just insulting.

Karaoke means you stand on a stage with a microphone in your hand and read the words off of a screen.

I am a part of two "track shows" that are full production shows. Custom musical arrangements, intense choreography, numerous costume changes, custom videos, dialogue, lighting, etc. Our cast rarely even leaves the stage.

We go out there, give it our all every single show. Yet, sometimes we get reviews that say basically: "no band = karaoke." That mindset is just baffling to me. Maybe we should turn off the lighting, cut all the choreography, dialogue, videos, put on some T-shirts and jeans and just stand center stage and sing to a bunch of cheap karaoke track. Sometimes I seriously wonder if anyone could tell the difference ...

Anyway, preferring a band is fine ...but next time you throw around words like "karaoke" or "glorified karaoke" just take a second to think about all the hard-working entertainers who perform in full-blown production shows that just happen to use tracks. - some of which are THE hardest working people in this town.
CastStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #30
MLM

Actually th main distinction between karaoke and tracked shows is that one is AMATEUR and the other is PROFESSIONAL. People pay to see the shows. Karaoke performers actually pay for the right to stand up and sing by buying drinks, etc. Anyone using the term “karaoke” for shows doesn’t really understand the meaning of the word.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote