1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
iowa ma & pa

Branson by Motorcycle

Branson by Motorcycle
We are planning on visiting the area with another couple on our cycles. We are not into the bar scene, nor are we "big bad bikers". We are wondering if anybody has tips, advice on routes that would be fun, or areas that should not be missed while on two-wheels. We are probably going to try to see a show, maybe ride the scenic train, and stop at Lamberts in Ozark for a fun meal while there. Hope to hear from you!! Thanks in advance

Ma & Pa
Old 09-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

Personally, the scenic train wasn't worth the money to us, but maybe others like it. I would see the Paul Harris show for a lot of laughs & good music. Others may know which routes are best. We just go up 7 from Russellville.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

HWY 7 is a great scenic route - and curvy - fun on a bike, especially when you can pull off the road about anywhere you want (on a bike) and just enjoy the GREAT views. It's farther south than Branson, but IMO, will be worth your trip.

Don't hesitate to just take off out of Branson, and enjoy a backroad - there are many great biking roads around Table Rock Lake.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

I haven't been up Hwy. 7 in a long time. We always go up 65. But that's the best way for you to go isn't it, engel?

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/

Last edited by deb_803; 09-02-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:20 AM   #5
bgroman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggh
Don't hesitate to just take off out of Branson, and enjoy a backroad - there are many great biking roads around Table Rock Lake.
Here's a thread that mentions several scenic routes around Branson:

http://www.getawaysaver.com/forum/t10950.html

basil
Old 09-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #6
venture

We live in southern MN and take our Gold Wing down about twice a year to go riding. If you check your private messages on this board and let me know how to contact you further I can send you some of our "backroad" maps. Also don't forget when you are out riding the area to visit some of the restaurants in the neighboring towns.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #7
iowa ma & pa

Thanks for the cycle tips

Thanks for the replies folks! We did the drive around Table Rock Lake. It is pretty.. wish the road was a bit closer to the actual water. Only regret was not taking the time to find a way to dip our toes in somewhere. We did see other motorcycles while there.. but I'm not sure visiting the strip by cycle is the way to go. Didn't realize how steep the hills were... and Murphys Law dictates that you WILL NOT make it thru the stoplights.. LOL. I felt sorry for my husband, who's hand was cramping up having to hold the clutch in for such a long ways waiting in the line of traffic. I think the scenery thru Missouri is absolutely gorgeous.. and I'm sure we'll be doing some driving there again soon. I think Branson it'self is best left to 4 wheels and an automatic transmission

Closed Thread