1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Old 11-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Fall Creek Valley CID

Apparently this was just approved by the Branson city council on 308 acres west of the city where that water park was recently shot down by the branson city council. Tif (bad?) vs CID (good?). Interesting. First 5 years will be infrastructure. They will not spill the beans on the big picture/plans.......very strange. There goes more trees down I suspect.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Pro...564882272.html

Last edited by soxster; 11-14-2019 at 07:26 PM.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #2
perky4branson

Seems that everyone wants to do away with trees. That is one big reason we have gone to Branson for years. But each time we go, there are more and more trees being taken down. One person up our way said - "we take the trees out to make construction faster. Then when we are done we set out new trees". Great if you are 15 or 20, then you will get to enjoy them. Otherwise, by the time they are beautiful and enjoyable the older generation never gets to enjoy them, they are pretty much gone from life. Between the loss of trees and the crowds at Silver Dollar City, makes a person question if they want a season pass or if they even want to go to Branson anymore?? But no one cares about that, it's the bottom line that counts - keep that money coming....
perky4branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:51 PM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Progress I guess, look at that Indian Ridge progress in progress (that has been in progress for years).

Last edited by soxster; 11-14-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
perky4branson

Unhappy

Yep, you are right, progress is progress, and I guess when it's gone, it's gone, that is the trees....
perky4branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perky4branson View Post
Yep, you are right, progress is progress, and I guess when it's gone, it's gone, that is the trees....
Of course I was being facetious in saying progress, as in on going progress ( or lack of) that is not really progress at all..... in that Indian Ridge debacle.
Hope this one has a better track record.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #6
OkieAnon

I would guess since it's the same people that earlier wanted to develop that spot it'll be the same project, but that's just a guess, which is the odd part of this, the board passed it not knowing what was going to be done.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
I would guess since it's the same people that earlier wanted to develop that spot it'll be the same project, but that's just a guess, which is the odd part of this, the board passed it not knowing what was going to be done.
That word odd keeps popping up. You would think a developer/city would want the surrounding community to know what is going on that will impact them. Transparency at its best.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:45 AM   #8
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
"We've got to pass it to see what's in it!" (where have we heard THAT before?)

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
OkieAnon

for those that have kind of forgot what the earlier proposal was--

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Fut...475824183.html

https://www.amusementrc.com/2018/01/...nson-missouri/

indoor waterpark, whitewater rafting, 350 suite resort

but if you read further in the last link which starts out about the most recent project proposal in 17-18, it goes on to say the same developer in 2006 was pushing an indoor water park - aquarium with shopping and dinning. I laughed at the water park - aquarium … were the fish in the water park? that could be fun.

but anyway, it sounds like the same developer has had two ideas for the area so who know what he might be thinking right now.

Last edited by OkieAnon; 11-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #10
soxster
Super Ultra Member

I wonder if this is the end of this for a while until they/if they start doing something actually at the site. Eventual permitting will give some hints. Another one of those.......time will tell.

Last edited by soxster; 11-16-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #11
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

It’s ok....everybody take a breath (pun intended...smell ALL that FRESHLY made oxygen?)...if you are missing any trees, just walk to the edge of Branson city limits in any direction, and you will truly not be able to see the forest because of ALL the trees...and they are all generating more oxygen than you and all the millions of people who visit Branson each year could breathe if they lived to be a thousand years old.
Do you have any idea how many thousands upon thousands of trees DIED in the “wild” woods within and surrounding Branson this year? Countless....yet...lo and behold...acorns fell...some took root, and with a few short years will be mature trees, taking the place of all those that died. Just like the ones the contractors will replant...yet the contractors trees will have a several year head start over a fresh dropped and rooted acorn....Like all things upon this planet, trees ARE a renewable resource...d
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:22 AM   #12
soxster
Super Ultra Member

I think the eye sores created is the point. ......Indian Ridge. You move into a area for all the great forested areas and development wipes them out. Time will tell on if they manage it properly.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:53 PM   #13
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yes, on the "eyesore" and appearance, I can and will agree. And you are correct...Indian Ridge is a good case in point for underfunded, mismanaged, and a disaster in planning and execution.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #14
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Yes, on the "eyesore" and appearance, I can and will agree. And you are correct...Indian Ridge is a good case in point for underfunded, mismanaged, and a disaster in planning and execution.
Those clear cut trees will never recover in my life time. And I am reminded of that everyday I drive past that disaster of planning or lack of, or unfortunate circumstances of its ultimate demise. A surety bond did little to fix (or could fix) what they plowed down.