1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
susieokla

Branson Scenic Railway

My husband and I took the dinner train on the Branson Scenic Railway this past Saturday. I did read the previous post on here so I knew that the "view" wasn't all that great but I still wanted to experience it so I went ahead and booked.

We arrived pretty early which I'm glad we did because everybody else seem to come in at the last minute trying to get their boarding passes, seating assignment, etc and was pretty much standing room only on the boarding deck.

While we were waiting for the train to arrive I took a peak around to the side and saw a Golden Corral delivery truck waiting so I figured out where our dinner was coming from lol. They deliver the food already cooked and they heat it up or keep it warm on the train prior to serving which explains why the veggies are pretty mushy by the time you eat them. I ordered the beef for my husband which was a big piece of prime rib that was pretty over cooked but he still enjoyed it. I had the chicken which was fine. It also came with potatoes, veggie mix, salad and some "hot" cheese, not hot as in flavor but hot because it had been sitting out for a while. We also got rolls which were good and cake for dessert which was half vanilla and half chocolate and was good.

I didn't realize at the time of booking that if your party is less then 4 people you are assigned at a table with strangers which is a little awkward because you feel like you have to make small talk the entire two hours. We sat across from a nice couple though so it wasn't too bad I guess.

As far as the train ride you go in one direction for an hour and then go back the same way so you see the same views twice. There were a lot of rock walks and tall trees in the way of the view but there were a few open spaces that were pretty. There is also two tunnels you go through so it's pitch dark. I wouldn't mind going back and doing the regular train ride in the car with the glass dome especially at peak fall season.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
susieokla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
not a fan of train rides. 2.3 million miles driving a locomotive might be the reason.
I could imagine that it's not your favorite thing.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
not a fan of train rides. 2.3 million miles driving a locomotive might be the reason.
Interesting you say that - my Dad retired from the RR, and still enjoys riding the rail when the opportunity presents itself. … back in the day, I would jump aboard when he came through town and ride into the station with him - can't do that now!
Old 10-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the detailed review. This is one of the Branson attractions that doesn't seem to generate much comment.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #5
susieokla

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Thanks for the detailed review. This is one of the Branson attractions that doesn't seem to generate much comment.
Welcome! It seemed to be a pretty popular attraction. There were just as many people getting off of the earlier the train as when we got on for the later one. I can only imagine the crowds and the kids for the Polar Express!

Closed Thread