1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 11-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #1
cornonthecob

Christmas Show Reviews 2020

Hello I have just returned home from Branson and attended six Christmas shows in this order:

-Neal McCoy-Neal is a wonderful performer and his show was basically his concert mixed in with holiday classics. Neal admits to performing the songs he feels are appropriate for the evenings audience and no two shows are ever the same. At the conclusion he did a meet and greet in the lobby.

-The Haygoods-My third time seeing the Haygoods and must say this was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. The first half is the best of their 2020 show, the second part is all Christmas. A must see for all.

-Clay Cooper-I've have seen Clay seven times now and this show was also great. The first half was the best of his regular show the second all Christmas. The only part that I though was a bit off was a Batman and Robin section of the Christmas portion. Clay did a meet and greet after the show.

-Texas Tenors-High class and lush. The best singers in music, or certainly at the top. This is a elegant, fun show that ended way too fast. They mixed in Texas Tenors favorites along with Christmas songs. A perfect evening.

-The Duttons-Fast paced and loads of fun. So much music in a hour and forty minutes (with no intermission). You never knew what was coming next in this great show.

-Presleys-Presleys followed the format of the first part being the best of their regular season and the second part being holiday themed. Herikmer was out that evening due to illness, but Cecil and the gang kept the music and laughs coming. I have been to see Presleys eight times over the year though and am tired of some of the same songs being performed. "Hot Rod Lincoln", "Ragged Old Flag", "The Wipe Out Medley" and "Till I Can Make It On My Own" are all great performances but should be refreshed.

Social distancing was the norm at all shows. I felt safe and had a great time.
cornonthecob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

After reading your reviews, I realized I had not been to the Presleys for about 2 years, so decided to catch their show this last weekend.

When the curtain rose and they started playing and singing, my first thoughts were, wow, this is definitely not he Haygoods, or even Clay Cooper, for that matter, shows which I see at least 2 or 3 times each year. HOWEVER, it only took 2 or 3 songs until I was really enjoying the Presleys. Really enjoying. It was fun to still have an “older style” country show in Branson, reminiscent of the good old days.

Herikmer still wasn’t there, but Cecil did just fine, playing off the MC for his “straight man”. Since I had not seen the show for a couple years, I did enjoy “Hot Rod Lincoln” and Cecils accompanying skit very much. Cecil was just as funny as always.

If I had a complaint, or rather a suggestion of the show, it would be that, during several very good guitar only solos, involving from 1-3 musicians/guitars, it was that they need to be TURNED UP HIGHER IN VOLUME, as they were much to low. But maybe the old timers in the audience have their hearing aids turned up vey “hot”? I don’t know...

I really enjoyed both the gospel segment (WOW!), and the second half Christmas themed show. Superb, both of these!

I really missed the “Sunday Gospel Singalong” pre show upstairs, but, that can’t be helped this year. But that is such fun when they do have it.

If you haven’t seen the Presleys, or if its been awhile, I recommend it highly. Their social distancing is quite “distant”, I sat 3rd row from front, and felt like I had the entire theater to myself...lots of people sat way back that night. So, I think anyone worried about being crowded can have peace of mind.
leftsaidted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:46 PM   #3
cornonthecob

I must also comment again about the social distancing at all the shows I attended, all were well thought out and very safe in my opinion. Every other row was open and you did not have anyone seating directly behind you. If timed correctly, you could enter the theatre and go to your seat and have little interaction with anyone.
The Duttons even announced from the stage that at the completion of the show, that cast members would come out and dismiss you row by row.
cornonthecob is offline   Reply With Quote