1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #16
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Drove past on my way into Branson this afternoon. Looks like a whole lot more than one rollercoaster being dismantled.
And why did they start selling off rides in the first place?
Oh well, great that they cleaned up and paved the area anyway. Would make a perfect parking lot for a downtown Branson trolley extension stop, food truck location or even a gondola station whenever.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 08-01-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #17
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

I’m not sorry to see it go. I thought it was tacky and too close to the road.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:53 PM   #18
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Drove past on my way into Branson this afternoon. Looks like a whole lot more than one rollercoaster being dismantled.
And why did they start selling off rides in the first place?
Oh well, great that they cleaned up and paved the area anyway. Would make a perfect parking lot for a downtown Branson trolley extension stop, food truck location or even a monorail station whenever.
I believe some or all of the rides were separately owned and probably moved out to greener pastures.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful
Old 08-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #19
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

When I drove by today looked like maybe one lonely not so Merry-Go-Round left.
Quote:
I believe some or all of the rides were separately owned and probably moved out to greener pastures.
So were they rented by the people who own the park, and never were planned to be perminant?
Old 08-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #20
OkieAnon

I don't know if this would have effected it or not, but out here in rural America they have traveling groups like this with most of those same rides, games and food trucks, that go from town to town set up for a weekend or even a week in some park or shopping center parking lot. when we saw the ads for it we were like.. we can do that here, and drive 20 miles next week and do it there, it didn't just seem like that big of a deal to us any way.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #21
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not just rural America. Big city suburbs too Church picknicks. Town homecomings. Or just set up in shopping center parking lots.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #22
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
I don't know if this would have effected it or not, but out here in rural America they have traveling groups like this with most of those same rides, games and food trucks, that go from town to town set up for a weekend or even a week in some park or shopping center parking lot. when we saw the ads for it we were like.. we can do that here, and drive 20 miles next week and do it there, it didn't just seem like that big of a deal to us any way.
That happens in our neck of the woods, too, plus you find the same thing at the county fairs that started during the summer and continue through the fall.

Closed Thread