1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
WireRoad

America's Fun Park - Closed

America's Fun Park
Unfortunately, the amusement park operation at America's Fun Park is now closed. With the record-breaking heat, visiting the park during the day wasn't any fun for you all, and that made it difficult to keep things going. Plus, one of the coasters has been sold, and it cannot be moved safely with the park open.
But here's the good news: We're going back to the drawing board, and will be back in October with fall activities the whole family will love! Stay tuned for more details on that. Thanks to EVERYONE for your support and encouragement.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Sorry to hear. We drove by and it looked like a very fun place for families, but I did remark to my hubby that it would be really hot as no shade. Hopefully spring and early fall will be good to you.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJN View Post
Sorry to hear. We drove by and it looked like a very fun place for families, but I did remark to my hubby that it would be really hot as no shade. Hopefully spring and early fall will be good to you.
There's a bit more to to the story than just the recent heat. They're done.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #4
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
There's a bit more to to the story than just the recent heat. They're done.
Shortest run for an amusement park ever?
Old 07-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #5
rzrbkman

Any business that cannot stay open any longer than that had to have had some major problems to begin with. I feel bad for the workers and all of the vendors/suppliers that may be left holding the bag.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Did "record breaking heat" also close the mini golf places? How about the regular golf courses. Are kids playing baseball in the "record setting heat" at Ballparks of America?. Has SDC closed it's gates in the "record breaking heat"?
Did they sell one of roller coasters because of the "record breaking heat"?
Old 07-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
rzrbkman

We passed by the fun park location at 6:00 p.m. last night and there did not seem to be any work activity going on, but we passed by it again at 11:00 p.m. and again at midnight and there were several cars parked on the lot with some people apparently taking down more of the rides.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:44 AM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrbkman View Post
We passed by the fun park location at 6:00 p.m. last night and there did not seem to be any work activity going on, but we passed by it again at 11:00 p.m. and again at midnight and there were several cars parked on the lot with some people apparently taking down more of the rides.
Midnight getaway!!!!!
Old 07-28-2018, 01:06 PM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrbkman View Post
I knew it sounded as if someone was doing some sort of work up there when I got home last night, a little after 10. Wondered what was going on. I'll have to go take a peak when I go home tonight.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:33 AM   #10
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
IS that the old Celebration City? Wasnt there a church meeting there too?
NO, this is on the east side of 76 Strip..
North side of street.
Used to be a large strip mall, but was torn down after damage from the tornado
I dont know the name of the mall, But there was a very large antique/knick knack store in it/
Old 07-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #11
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
NO, this is on the east side of 76 Strip..
North side of street.
Used to be a large strip mall, but was torn down after damage from the tornado
I dont know the name of the mall, But there was a very large antique/knick knack store in it/
It was Branson Heights Shopping Center. This is also where Mazzio's was located, as well as a doctor's office, and Nature's Sunshine.

I did drive by there last night. Looks to me as if they are taking down a lot more than just one roller coaster.

My roommates went there a while back with all of the grandkids. Everyone, from youngest to oldest, had a blast. We're talking an age range of 3 to 77. Something for everyone to be able to do and enjoy. BUT...with no shade there, I can just imagine how brutally hot it could get there. And even with not opening until late in the day, those seats on the rides would hold the heat and be pretty miserable.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:06 AM   #12
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
It was Branson Heights Shopping Center. This is also where Mazzio's was located, as well as a doctor's office, and Nature's Sunshine.

I did drive by there last night. Looks to me as if they are taking down a lot more than just one roller coaster.

My roommates went there a while back with all of the grandkids. Everyone, from youngest to oldest, had a blast. We're talking an age range of 3 to 77. Something for everyone to be able to do and enjoy. BUT...with no shade there, I can just imagine how brutally hot it could get there. And even with not opening until late in the day, those seats on the rides would hold the heat and be pretty miserable.
I think it is/was a good idea. But they needed to open in the fall, Without the heat factor to contend with, in order to build up a following

And it would have been nice if they had more than 2 months operating cash..
Old 07-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #13
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I think it is/was a good idea. But they needed to open in the fall, Without the heat factor to contend with, in order to build up a following

And it would have been nice if they had more than 2 months operating cash..
Totally agree! I thought it a great alternative for those families who just couldn't spend the $$$$ for SDC. And great that only those riding the rides had to pay.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:09 PM   #14
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Quoted: "And great that only those riding the rides had to pay". Well, there IS a reason that SDC charges EVERYONE who enters their park..it takes MONEY to run a business successfully! Can't generate the capitol to finance your business...well, you WILL close it sooner than later! As just happened...
Yes, but they are two entirely different types of parks. SDC has so much to do beyond rides. America's Fun Park did not.

Last edited by bransoncutie; 08-03-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #15
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Drove past on my way into Branson this afternoon. Looks like a whole lot more than one rollercoaster being dismantled.
And why did they start selling off rides in the first place?
Oh well, great that they cleaned up and paved the area anyway. Would make a perfect parking lot for a downtown Branson trolley extension stop, food truck location or even a gondola station whenever.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 08-01-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Closed Thread