1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Battle Brewing Over Water Quality--Taneycomo

http://kbia.org/post/regulators-envi...clean#stream/0

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful
Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
billj598

Apparently, the PBS radio stations that maintain websites carried this article since I saw it also carried on the St. Louis PBS radio site affiliated with UMSL.

IMHO, choosing unique Taneycomo as the lead subject for this piece ignored the inherent differences between Taneycomo as basically a Tailwater vs. the other Lakes that are Impoundments like Table Rock, LOZ etc. I might have missed it but I didn't see any mention of what a large percentage of the water in Taney flows out of the base of Table Rock Dam.

I do agree with Casaletto's statement that the EPA calling Taneycomo waters "impaired" is over the top and uncalled for....But, after all, this is the same Federal Agency (EPA) that has been stonewalling and lying for decades about cleaning up a burning WWII Nuclear materials waste dump in heavily populated St. Louis County. That situation got so bad that HBO just did a long documentary entitled "Atomic Homefront" about it and if you want a shock, watch it !

Closed Thread